University/School

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
So I'm bored and procrastinating yet again.

With an 800 word essay due on Thursday, started...2 hours ago. Now 108 words in.

3000 word essay due on thursday fortnight...about 10% of the way there.

And another 1500 word essay due on the same day which I haven't looked at.

But yeah, currently 2nd year Science at Monash. Any other Uni kids out there wanting to procrastinate a little more by replying to this thread? :p

School kids toooo!

Sucks to be you. Essays are death.

Just started flicking through all teh courseguides for the major unis, had no idea how hard it was. In an ideal world i'd be ecstatic with Melbourne or Monash, but i don't know. Don't want to get my heart set on anything cause i really wouldn't be that surprised if i stuffed up majorly and pulled a useless enter score.

Legal SAC on Tuesday
Psychology SAC Wednesday
Literature and Maths SAC Thursday
Mid Year Exam for Psychology fast approaching...

procrastination11.gif

Perfect time to study...nothing else on, waiting for shows to download...oh wait haven't looked on saints bigfooty threads for a few hours now:D

So I'm bored and procrastinating yet again.

With an 800 word essay due on Thursday, started...2 hours ago. Now 108 words in.

3000 word essay due on thursday fortnight...about 10% of the way there.

And another 1500 word essay due on the same day which I haven't looked at.

But yeah, currently 2nd year Science at Monash. Any other Uni kids out there wanting to procrastinate a little more by replying to this thread? :p

School kids toooo!

whats your major? i did applied science at La trobe (graduated in 2003) majored in Chemistry & Enviro Science with a minor in geology

Looking to major in either Geography or Geology. Not sure and seeing how I go in both. Wanting to major in geology but as the year has gone on begun to wonder whether I want to do this for my whole life.

Can I ask what you're doing with yourself now? Seeing as we have pretty similar subjects.

Currently working as a Quality Coordinator at a Limestone Quarry...not a bad gig, just dont like the location so looking to move on shortly

doing bach of business at monash and currently sitting in a s**t boring lecture.......go uni!

Both essays out of the way :D

Smashed out about 600 words in about 45 minutes to finish the 3000 word one with enough time to have some idiots unplug the wrong computer to plug their laptop into one of the labs. Scariest couple minutes of my life as I rebooted it to check it had been saved recently. And thankfully Microsoft Word saved a copy cos it didn't shut down properly.

Now if I had just got tickets to Metallica today, life would be amazing.

Alas, gonne enjoy the weekend!

I love playing these games :D

What subjects? And are you involved with the MSS much? Science Camp, or Host Scheme even? That's my best chance of knowing who you are lol.

Hehe jaffy.

Geoscience, MTH1020, Biology, Chem.

Not involved much with the MSS, i went to host scheme 3 and i didnt go to the science camp.

Although i heard the science camp was just one big massive romp, im somewhat dissapointed in my poor form for not attending.

Geoscience, MTH1020, Biology, Chem.

Not involved much with the MSS, i went to host scheme 3 and i didnt go to the science camp.

Although i heard the science camp was just one big massive romp, im somewhat dissapointed in my poor form for not attending.

Mad, I'm currently doing 2nd year Geoscience. It's intersting to say the least.

Haha, at least you went to Camp 3. Was probably the best camp, had some mad parents on it. Who were yours? I was a host on Camp 4, had an awesome time and will be back next year I thinks!

Mad, I'm currently doing 2nd year Geoscience. It's intersting to say the least.

Haha, at least you went to Camp 3. Was probably the best camp, had some mad parents on it. Who were yours? I was a host on Camp 4, had an awesome time and will be back next year I thinks!

I actually forgot them but it the camp was pretty good. Im actually quite interested in majoring in geoscience, my favorite unit.

I think i might host next year, definately will give it a thought or two.

Yeah I reckon it was defs worth it. Had a lot more fun as a host.

But that may be cos 6 of my mates which were on my jaffy camp hosted it as well. Haha. Maddest times.

Got my marks back for one essay. Wasn't pleasing to say the least. But hey, P's get degrees! :/

Question. How did you guys prepare for exams, or what was the best method that worked for you? Got a biol one in a week and a bit, and yeah, haven't started studying yet.. :eek: Not too sure how i want to/should approach it to be honest.

i always found cramming was the best way to study, but thats not for everyone...

read over all your notes (hard for me as i have terrible handwriting), any class notes, tute notes, etc, learn formulas if youre doing maths/science stuff and know how and when to use them, best of all, dont panic...i used to get really nervous before exams but once i got going with them i was fine

What year are you in CHB? I got a feeling you're still in secondary school?

If so I can't even remember how I revised...but yeah agree with the above for uni. Probs write out lecture notes again, go over tutes and read up in the textbooks on anything you don't understand then.

Regardless of what year you're in, PAST EXAMS!

PHEW!
Last 2 assignments both due at midnight.
Handed 1 in with 1 min to spare:cool: and the other 1 min late except that is the nice tutor who hopefully wont care:thumbsu:
They say its due at midnight but it was actually 11:55. Dont they know we arent joking when we say we going to leave it to the last minute.
On to exam revision now I guess, oh the joy. Seems a few people here are from Monash, as am I (Clayton, Business Information Systems)

Yeah, I'm with Guide on this Benchy. Past exams usually hold some of the same questions they'll ask this year, or the processes at least.

I'm actually on the other side of the coin. I'm a lecturer at a theological college. A2R, you wrote a 3000 word essay - I've got to mark about 70 of them in the next two weeks! :)

Just finished some make-up lectures - my College does 3 hour lectures, so just did 6 hours of lecturing and a 1 hour tute. Absolutely stuffed, but I really, really, really love my job. Heaps of fun.

Oh, that brings me to the advice that I'd give you Benchy, if I may be so bold. Don't choose what you "should" do for a course. Choose what you feel you want to do, in the sense of what you feel you could love doing - find a "calling" (vocation comes from the Latin for "call", just like "vocal"). If you haven't found one of those yet, that's totally okay. Stall. Travel. Do an in between uni course, like an arts course or something. Wait until your call finds you - if you've found it, great, go for it.

Thanks guys, muchly appreciated.

Forked out $30 for a lecture the other night at Monash U, massive rip considering the guy was just reading out of the revision booklet we got given. Could've brought something better for half the price. Anyway have printed off a mass load of exams, haven't done any yet, hopefully i can get to two or three tomorrow.

Have been listening to some Biology lecturer Andrew Douchy who podcasts everything on VCE Biology, and just making a s**t load of notes. Working a dream, really didn't realise how little i knew about some of this stuff. Feeling confident now about my chances of scraping together an actual decent score for this exam. Thought that was out of reach 3 days ago, especially considering the little study i did do before the weekend. So if any other kids have got a Bio exam, Douchy's the man.

Now fingers crossed i don't choke.

Keep on bringing the bold advice Percy, it's like you got into my mind.

I've had the should pick swirling around in my mind for ages, and really I'm taking a stab at it in terms of weather i'd enjoy it and/or be able to handle it. Although it would be one that i'd be fairly proud of, which is important. The fall back option for every female, nursing. :p More precisely a scrub nurse, one that works in the theatre. Not interested in normal ICU or ward nursing for example, but i know it's something i have to do to eventually become a scrub nurse. Lately i've sort of resigned myself to getting a s**t Enter score so have been really focusing on nursing lately. But it doesn't really *excite* me, or make me look forward to studying it at uni.

I think i know what my calling is, sport. :)
Receptionist at the Australian Open, or cleaner at NRL HQ. I'd jump all over it.
The sport factor is a major draw for Physiotherapy. But i think that may be out of reach. Haven't really checked the specifics lately.

But i don't know, i've sort of been treating this career stuff out of sight, out of mind. Probs should go chat with the Careers teacher.

Thanks again guys. :)

Back