Unpopular Musical Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Hippos In Tanks is one of the most important record labels of this decade.

Rowland S Howard's Teenage Snuff Film is the greatest Australian album ever produced, Rowland was also infinitely more talented artist than Nick Cave. Rowland was also the best guitarist in the world at one point.

If by one point you mean all time then yeah man rock on.

Rowland S Howard's Teenage Snuff Film is the greatest Australian album ever produced, Rowland was also infinitely more talented artist than Nick Cave. Rowland was also the best guitarist in the world at one point.

Pop Crimes was pretty ****ing awesome too.

Autoluminescent might just be the greatest thing ever recorded though.

Interesting. Good one. At what period do you think he was the best guitarist in the world?

The tail end of the birthday party era. He was doing things with a guitar nobody had even contemplated. It's truly criminal he is not appreciated more in Australia. Not your typical Australian sound either, truly innovative. One might've guessed I'm quite the fan

The tail end of the birthday party era. He was doing things with a guitar nobody had even contemplated. It's truly criminal he is not appreciated more in Australia. Not your typical Australian sound either, truly innovative. One might've guessed I'm quite the fan

Leaping Lindner I think we found the guy behind you in the "Rowland S Howard is the greatest musician that ever lived" list.

Can't argue with that. Although I would add that whilst it was different I think his guitar work was just as amazing when he was in These Immortal Souls, or around that time. Which is impressive considering he had vocal duties as well.

Can't argue with that. Although I would add that whilst it was different I think his guitar work was just as amazing when he was in These Immortal Souls, or around that time. Which is impressive considering he had vocal duties as well.

Agreed, I just prefer the sheer energy in the birthday party era though.

Agreed, I just prefer the sheer energy in the birthday party era though.
Of course. As do I, but as far as his guitar work is concerned his whole career is flawless in my opinion. But as a band, whilst Junkyard as an album is immense I can't go past Munity/The Bad Seed as my favourite release.

Big Boi's debut album has become massively underrated and was probably a good 5 years ahead of its time. It's so dense and throws so much at you, it's like a club version of TPAB.

And this is still one the biggest jams of the decade:

Big Boi's debut album has become massively underrated and was probably a good 5 years ahead of its time. It's so dense and throws so much at you, it's like a club version of TPAB.

And this is still one the biggest jams of the decade:

Great call, I came at it as an OutKast fan and was suitably impressed. Apart from a couple of radio hooks (Follow Us etc.) the album is really listenable and enjoyable. A shame that his follow up projects haven't been as much of a hit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe I haven't stolen the sign yet*.

*i'm not going to steal it.

Last edited:
Not yet, but I've been told I made some sense.

I'm heading back in April and will spend a night at Chateau Todwina so hope to see it then.

And get drunk with Pat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back