Unpopular Musical Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Should of been called Cave Lane instead. About time he got some recognition instead of Howard hogging the spotlight.

I wasn't against it. Bad joke. There was a small group of people who didn't want the Port Phillip council to name it that, I don't know why...to do with the lettering?naming it after a dead junkie? I'm not sure but the slogan was "were against the sign".

Should of been called Cave Lane instead. About time he got some recognition instead of Howard hogging the spotlight.

The locals against the naming of the lane were in a very small minority, and they certainly didn't make themselves known to me.

I wasn't against it. Bad joke. There was a small group of people who didn't want the Port Phillip council to name it that, I don't know why...to do with the lettering?naming it after a dead junkie? I'm not sure but the slogan was "were against the sign".

The locals against the naming of the lane were in a very small minority, and they certainly didn't dare make themselves known to me. ;) The problem with the naming was the Office of Geographic Location refused the whole name as they now no longer allow two names to be used in naming streets,roads etc. Yes. I know they use to, but they don't anymore. The State Planning Minister has the power to overturn that and make an exception. The previous Planning Minister. Matthew Guy, refused to overturn the decision (BIG surprise)so we had to wait until we had a decent Government in this state again to make it happen.
Not only got both names but the initial as well :thumbsu:

Unpopular opinion verified. The sound of Rose Tattoo, in particular their slide guitar, is much more common than many critics and journos who simply write "AC/DC wannabe" about many rock bands that bear any similarity acknowledge.

If any local rock band from the 70s period has left a mark on the sound of other international groups, it is them.

Unpopular opinion verified. The sound of Rose Tattoo, in particular their slide guitar, is much more common than many critics and journos who simply write "AC/DC wannabe" about many rock bands that bear any similarity acknowledge.

If any local rock band from the 70s period has left a mark on the sound of other international groups, it is them.

Ooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Big Boi's debut album has become massively underrated and was probably a good 5 years ahead of its time. It's so dense and throws so much at you, it's like a club version of TPAB.

And this is still one the biggest jams of the decade:

Weak flow. Fun, but nothing special.

Bono once wrote a letter to Captain Beefheart asking if he would be interested in writing/recording together. The reply was hand written, and it said this:

Dear Bongo, No.

I'd heard that story before, but it's always a pleasure. The Captain: whadda guy! :)

Safe as Milk>>>Trout Mask Replica.

The best rap comes from Europe, mostly France. Majority of US stuff is mediocre.

There has never been a decent reformation/comeback album.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best rap comes from Europe, mostly France. Majority of US stuff is mediocre.

I love the Captain and all his work.

Trout Mask Replica is a funny album. I can listen to it one day and marvel at his genius and then listen to it six months later and wonder why he bothered so yeah I agree with the above.

Most of the time.

I love the Captain and all his work.

Trout Mask Replica is a funny album. I can listen to it one day and marvel at his genius and then listen to it six months later and wonder why he bothered so yeah I agree with the above.

Most of the time.
That's basically my thinking too.

Beefheart sucks.

I'd like to know what French and European rappers you're thinking of. Prima facie this is a ludicrous claim.

Wire's 2013 and 2015 albums were pretty good, as was MBV's 2013 efforts.

Beefheart sucks.

I'd like to know what French and European rappers you're thinking of. Prima facie this is a ludicrous claim.

Wire's 2013 and 2015 albums were pretty good, as was MBV's 2013 efforts.
-I enjoy him, but I admit he is an acquired taste.

-Not even close in comparison, apart from a bit of guilty pleasure in g-funk and the Wu, I only really like really minimalist low fi underground (wow that sounds pompous). Just basically collectives and indie guys on bandcamp that I find, I usually just find EU so much more enjoyable/pure, especially if in native tongue. P.S. nice latin.

-Not big on Wire or MBV.

Yeah, i was stretching. They do have a rotating cast and had one mother of a falling (Heh) out culminating in one album being named Reformation Post-TLC (traitors,liars,campaigners)
Mark E Smith IS The Fall as far as I'm concerned.

Wow, the mention of mbv got me to listen to that record for the first time since... the month it came out. Remember the song that sounds like a skipping CD? Man that was just plain s**t. This first song sounds really really nice though, pretty good stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back