Upper Murray FL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Any merger talks are dead in the water. The comp will be 4 teams max next year. More and more families will be driving out of the district for better sporting opportunities which in turn means more money goes with them. The mind boggles..

And one of the teams that’s against the whole thing is the one team that’s tried in vain to leave the league and to merge with other clubs in the tdfl in the last few years. Go figure.
Is that the same team that committed 100% to the UMFNL whilst having discussions with TDFL Clubs?

Who's going to win the flag this year?

Are Tumba odds-on to lift the cup?
Can Cudgewa spring an upset on the minor premiers and be the first club through to the big dance?
Or can Bullioh take the spoils from third after their training run against Federals on the weekend?
Bullioh didn’t impress me that much on the weekend even though it was a big margin. Away from home they could struggle against the others. Tumba had a pretty weak bottom 6 players when we played them but it will change in finals no doubt. I think Cudgewa has the most class but a weaker back 6. Taking all that in I’ll say
Cudgewa
Tumba
Bullioh.

Bullioh didn’t impress me that much on the weekend even though it was a big margin. Away from home they could struggle against the others. Tumba had a pretty weak bottom 6 players when we played them but it will change in finals no doubt. I think Cudgewa has the most class but a weaker back 6. Taking all that in I’ll say
Cudgewa
Tumba
Bullioh.
I think if Cudgie can get enough ball to Brockley and Morey they will kick a big enough score to win.
Tumba still the Faves for me though

The Tumbarumba president is delusional if he thinks adding another team will change anything, his line of thinking is selfish and idiotic. Who the hell wants to be involved in a four team competition? The pattern up there is a team spends some money, climbs from the depths of despair for a year or two and then falls again. (The exception Bullioh because they’re closer to town) Look at Corryong, they won a premiership not so long ago but relying on so many travelling players is unsustainable, and now they barely have a team. This should be the leagues last season, it’s easy sitting on the top of the ladder and throwing out ridiculous scenarios with no thought for Federal/Walwa and other clubs that have basically collapsed. Shut up shop - form one team and be done with it. Let someone like Darryn McKimmie take charge, he seems to be the only one with any logic up there. And who ever floated the idea of Wahgunyah joining needs some geography lessons.

The Tumbarumba president is delusional if he thinks adding another team will change anything, his line of thinking is selfish and idiotic. Who the hell wants to be involved in a four team competition? The pattern up there is a team spends some money, climbs from the depths of despair for a year or two and then falls again. (The exception Bullioh because they’re closer to town) Look at Corryong, they won a premiership not so long ago but relying on so many travelling players is unsustainable, and now they barely have a team. This should be the leagues last season, it’s easy sitting on the top of the ladder and throwing out ridiculous scenarios with no thought for Federal/Walwa and other clubs that have basically collapsed. Shut up shop - form one team and be done with it. Let someone like Darryn McKimmie take charge, he seems to be the only one with any logic up there. And who ever floated the idea of Wahgunyah joining needs some geography lessons.
Your associated with Glenrowan or was?

Your associated with Glenrowan or was?
Mont Waters thinks getting a new team in to replace Federal is a good idea? Then try’s to entice players by saying you don’t need to train, what a load of pure rubbish. What about Federals’ future, how do they bounce back? How do Walwa bounce back? How do juniors get a game? Then waffles on about kids playing scratch matches against their Dads because there’s no u/14s like it’s a good thing. Yeah that must be great for junior development, talk about a selfish outlook. The history of all the clubs can be preserved if people could see past their own noses.

Mont Waters thinks getting a new team in to replace Federal is a good idea? Then try’s to entice players by saying you don’t need to train, what a load of pure rubbish. What about Federals’ future, how do they bounce back? How do Walwa bounce back? How do juniors get a game? Then waffles on about kids playing scratch matches against their Dads because there’s no u/14s like it’s a good thing. Yeah that must be great for junior development, talk about a selfish outlook. The history of all the clubs can be preserved if people could see past their own noses.
I must say Geoff you talk some trash on some other local leagues forums but you are 100% correct in this instance imo. The positive spin put on things by waters and others is cringeworthy.

I don’t know why Tumba doesn’t make the jump to the Farrer league 🤷‍♂️
Hmmm maybe it’s because seniors don’t have to train much in the umfl? Or the under 14’s that get to play with their dads?

On another note what do we think Corryong are up to for next season. In my opinion they are in a worse situation that Federal. I hear Demarte and the few he bought up aren’t coming back. They have fewer junior footballers and netballers than Federal. Can they be honest with themselves as to where they’re at? Or do they think if Federal go into recess they will get a few to cross over? ( not many will imo)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's too late to try and start forming the Upper Murray Eagles for 2023 because, even now, you are behind the eight-ball to get everything sorted out (committee, players, coaches, etc.) because every other club in the region is shoring themselves up for 2023 doing those things right now.

There is the very real danger that the whole shebang collapses over the summer and the league is no more.

Cue a mad scramble by Bullioh to try and get into the TDFNL and Tumba will have little option but try and get into the Farrer league, which makes the Eagles concept harder to get off the ground.

Hmmm maybe it’s because seniors don’t have to train much in the umfl? Or the under 14’s that get to play with their dads?

On another note what do we think Corryong are up to for next season. In my opinion they are in a worse situation that Federal. I hear Demarte and the few he bought up aren’t coming back. They have fewer junior footballers and netballers than Federal. Can they be honest with themselves as to where they’re at? Or do they think if Federal go into recess they will get a few to cross over? ( not many will imo)
What’s Evan Nicholas’ and his dads views on the state of the league? The longer they leave the merge the harder it’s going to be as clubs will struggle more and the numbers in support will drop. Bullioh are ignorant to think they’d survive in the TDFL alone, they want to appear to stand alone but would be banking on the support of Corryong people and anyone else up that way.

What’s Evan Nicholas’ and his dads views on the state of the league? The longer they leave the merge the harder it’s going to be as clubs will struggle more and the numbers in support will drop. Bullioh are ignorant to think they’d survive in the TDFL alone, they want to appear to stand alone but would be banking on the support of Corryong people and anyone else up that way.
I don’t think Bullioh are the main sticking point to the league continuing.
Tumba and Cudgewa are

Last edited:
Tips for tomorrow everyone? I’m tipping Cudgy by 5 points.
Morey and Hall both didn’t play last weekend and Cudgie still kicked a decent score.
Read for Tumba probably the key player for them with his mobility around the ground.
Basically playing an extra running mid by having him in the Ruck.
Cudgie do carry some heavy bodies where Tumba don’t.
Can the running game beat the Blues?
I think not, Cudgie by 20 points for me

Looking like no one is giving the Roos a chance. I reckon roos home by 15 points. Read, Waters, Lampe and the Clayton boys too strong. Go you the blue boys in the last game of the UMFL. Tumba to Farrer league next year.

The final curtain drops for the UMNFL.
Well done Tumba after their win over Cudgewa.

Who's where next year - Tumba to Farrer? Bullioh? Cudgewa? Corryong? Federals?
UM Eagles in 2024?

View attachment 1505154
Corryong and Federals in a World of Hurt.
The Demons I believe are worse off than the Swans.
Tumba to Farrer League to me is a good move.
They appear to have a strong list that could challenge for a while if they can keep everyone together.
Bullioh will Apply to join TDFL again I’d imagine.
That leaves Cudgie to make a call on their future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back