Play Nice USA President Donald Trump -Game On

Remove this Banner Ad

Yanks think that cheese comes in a can and that you spell colour without a u. Doesn't make it right.
The so called left today just has to mention racism,sexism,lgbtq ad-nauseum to get their leftist credits .

Right now Trump has as much chance of controlling leaks from the intelligence community as you or I do. He's the President elect, not the President. Give the guy a chance to get into office before you start criticising him for not doing things you can only do from inside the office.

Sorry mate it was just a pee pun. Leak as in take a leak.

I'm not a fan of the guy but he has won the election. I don't think his promises can be kept and his media work is unpresidential, his actions have worldwide ramifications. I
just hope he surprises me.

I do get concerned with the prevailing alt right attitude he has tapped into. Whether it was intentional or not it has fostered a lot of hatred world wide.

I think it is a sign of the times though, to have an opinion it appears that you are either one side or another with no room for compromise or consideration of a grey area.

Extreme views be it left or right are dangerous, but unfortunately they are the only views people are interested in

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry mate it was just a pee pun. Leak as in take a leak.

I'm not a fan of the guy but he has won the election. I don't think his promises can be kept and his media work is unpresidential, his actions have worldwide ramifications. I
just hope he surprises me.

I do get concerned with the prevailing alt right attitude he has tapped into. Whether it was intentional or not it has fostered a lot of hatred world wide.

I think it is a sign of the times though, to have an opinion it appears that you are either one side or another with no room for compromise or consideration of a grey area.

Extreme views be it left or right are dangerous, but unfortunately they are the only views people are interested in

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am not a fan of Donald Trump, the man, either. I think he is the ultimate produce of American pop culture - crass, obnoxious, materialistic and rude. Ironic that Hollywood don't like him since they are largely responsible for creating the kind of culture in which such traits can flourish!

(Anyway, that's irrelevant now since most of the Hollywood A-List are in Canada these days ... aren't they??)

As to whether Trump's promises can be kept ... he is no different to any other politician. We'll have to wait and see. But I DO remember a certain US President saying, at his inauguration, that we would look back and say it was the day the temperature began to fall and the oceans began to recede. Not sure how that's going! Remember a President who said he had "contained" ISIS? Turns out he contained it to planet earth! LOL As for Obama Care, which was supposed to fix the healthcare system ... all I know is friends in the US who employ people say they have had to cut staff hours in order to afford it. Anyway, Trump will be like every other politician. Some of what he promised will get done, and some won't.

I'm sympathetic to the charge that Trump's "media work is unpresidential". Two thoughts ... Trump is the first politician to take the media on. We've not seen this before. When the media push, Trump pushes right back. It will be fascinating to see how the media react to this. Initial impression is that they are going to kick and scream. So then the media themselves become the story. Interesting. Second observation is that Twitter enables Trump to cut out the media as the Priestly Class who mediate between power and the people. The media, and I speak as an ex journo, HATE this. So whilst Trump's tweets are often jarring and inappropriate ... the media will make more of them than they ought because the media are directly threatened by them. It's important to keep that little agenda in mind.

As for Trump fostering hatred, i'm not so sure about that. Middle America doesn't hate immigrants, Middle America hates open slather immigration. Middle America doesn't hate certain races, but they hate every issue being viewed through the prism of race. Middle America doesn't hate Muslims, but they hate the lack of honesty about the role certain interpretations of Islam are playing in fostering violence. Further, Middle America hate being called haters ("deplorables") for simply disagreeing with the Democrat narrative.

On a side note, I've just spent a week with two couples from the US (one a white couple; the other an African American couple) who, whilst not liking Trump personally, are very impressed with the cabinet he is assembling. They are cautiously optimistic that Trump's administration will be a positive one for America and for the rest of the world.

I love you Only Forwards. Moreover, I believe you have great self-awareness. But implying that we should pursue a relationship with Communist China over our natural Western ally is ... "either trolling or stupid".

We have a relationship with them.

All I said was we pursue a greater allegiance with them.

Not that we forego all others.

Forgive me. I thought you were arguing that we should focus on an alliance with China whilst Trump was in office.

My suggestion would be that while they are looking at what is in their best interest, that we do the same.

Trump has made a lot of noise that his administration will look inwardly rather than outwardly.

From a trade perspective I see no real issue with strengthening ties.

Im sure someone will be along soon to throw up all the reasons it's a bad idea.

What your saying makes a lot of sense in that yes his willingness to take on media is an admirable trait but I still think it needs to be done in the correct manner, some of his comments, tweets, press statements have been embarrassing for the position that the is about to hold. By all means disagree and voice your reasons as to why you disagree. All he had to say re: the document was "It's a complete fabrication and I will be speaking with my lawyers regarding an appropriate recourse, no other comment will be made" but he chose infantile tweets to respond.

Putting aside his responses to the media, his comments regarding mexicans and the wall plus the furore over his supposed mocking of the disabled reporter would not have happened if he put forward a considered, logical, factual argument. I hate political cadence as much as anyone but it seems all he does is rant.

Regarding the hatred comment I said he tapped into the alt right 'movement', the alt right movement does in my opinion foster hatred, just look at Australia
One nation pollies saying things like there should be a blanket ban on muslim migration, different cultures wont assimilate, all that reclaim australia crap is just narrow minded. I support properly controlled immigration and our role in assisting refugees repatriate to escape danger, I also think education and inclusion is vital for these refugees to feel part of the country. I think marginalising religions based on the action of extremists fuel the threat of terrorism where as the alt-right seems to think it will stop it. Again it's what I'm getting at when I say no-one appears to look at the grey area.

With regard to policy I think I read scrapping Obama care will mean a vast majority of people will lose their ability to get medical attention. However, if the republicans do not agree and they have been elected it is their prerogative. However with Trump making claims like he will build a wall and make the mexicans pay is not a policy matter per se, it is a claim with no basis or plan. Or he will put Hillary in jail. To me he seems to make simplistic statements that have no thought or substance behind them.

Anyway hope I have explained my part ok.

I spose I just want people to be excellent to each other.

My suggestion would be that while they are looking at what is in their best interest, that we do the same.

Trump has made a lot of noise that his administration will look inwardly rather than outwardly.

From a trade perspective I see no real issue with strengthening ties.

Im sure someone will be along soon to throw up all the reasons it's a bad idea.

James Packer is on Big Footy? lol

Regarding the hatred comment I said he tapped into the alt right 'movement', the alt right movement does in my opinion foster hatred, just look at Australia
One nation pollies saying things like there should be a blanket ban on muslim migration, different cultures wont assimilate, all that reclaim australia crap is just narrow minded. I support properly controlled immigration and our role in assisting refugees repatriate to escape danger, I also think education and inclusion is vital for these refugees to feel part of the country. I think marginalising religions based on the action of extremists fuel the threat of terrorism where as the alt-right seems to think it will stop it. Again it's what I'm getting at when I say no-one appears to look at the grey area.

Regarding a supposed ban on Muslim immigration ... it would stop jihadist attacks. Look no further than Japan for proof. But the logistics of such a policy? Nightmare.

Regarding different cultures not assimilating ... all cultures are not equal as anyone who has travelled well knows, and therefore, it should be uncontroversial to say that some cultures are less desirable/compatible than others. A mature society could have such a discussion. We are unable to because on the one hand, certain segments accuse anyone who makes the comments I have just made as being racist. And on the other hand, certain people would take the comments I have just made and use them to demonise individuals. Both reactions are wrong and make conversation almost impossible. So we are stuck with a problem we cannot, indeed, dare not discuss.

Regarding the "marginalisation of religions" (your words, not mine) I think one must distinguish between religions and the religious, or, if I may, between the ideology and the person. A religion is nothing more than an idea. Some ideas are terrible and should be marginalised. For instance, child marriage is a terrible idea propagated by Islam. Such an idea should be marginalised. There are other ideas within Islam that also ought be marginalised. The difficulty, however, is that we are unable to differentiate between ideology and people ... so criticising Islam (an idea) is assumed to be the same as bigotry against a Muslim (an individual). Whilst ever that confusion remains, frank and honest discussion is impossible. One ought to be able to criticise Islam whist fully respecting the equality of a Muslim before the law.

I therefore think your comment is SO true that we live in an age where people seem incapable of finding common ground. We have, on the one side, those who believe that to criticise an idea is to hate the people who hold that idea - therefore ideas cannot be discussed. And we have, on the other side, those who believe that if an individual holds certain ideas they can be vilified and treated as less than human. Both extremes are dangerous.

.....And more than half the bunny's here duly jumped up and believed the bullshit cos it fits their 'theory's' on Trump.
Honestly the brain dead unwilling to think and question are welcome to the asylum that the legacy media have created the rest of us are awake to the relentless propaganda.
I wouldn't normally do this but you did make a thing of another poster's typo, so "theories" and "bunnies".

You just choose different propaganda to believe. That's your right, but don't look down your nose at the rest of us thinking you are "awake" and everyone who disagrees with you is "brain dead". And then have the face to call other people elitist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their jobs are gone. He can't bring them back. Trump got their votes. Now he can get on with the job of ******* them over like every Republican and Democrat has.

If you think his election was mainly about jobs, you're as ignorant as the KKK and David Duke who endorsed the ****.

Actually, Trump talked constantly about the economy and what he would do to turn it around. Of course, if you only get your news from the mainstream media you would not have realised this since they focused only on Trump as a caricature. Clinton hardly talked about the economy at all.

As for "Their jobs are gone. He can't bring them back" Ford and Chrysler workers may disagree with you. And Trump isn't even in office yet.

But yeah, KKK .....

Ha! Gave this very album a spin today for the 1st time in years. POTY!
I've got a 12" picture disk single stashed away somewhere.

c573f664082d50d066ca5904e7212bb0.jpg

I wouldn't normally do this but you did make a thing of another poster's typo, so "theories" and "bunnies".

You just choose different propaganda to believe. That's your right, but don't look down your nose at the rest of us thinking you are "awake" and everyone who disagrees with you is "brain dead". And then have the face to call other people elitist.
The brain dead comment (as you well know )was about the people that jumped on the 'pissgate' story as soon as it broke believing it to be true, is it elitist to look down my nose at zombies? i'd say not just common sense....but what propaganda do i believe ? i look at a story if i'm interested i'll look deeper and look for any evidence for whatever is being put forward as 'news' i have zero interest in any propaganda only the truth.

And my thing on another persons typos was in response to his own crack at me for the same.

Actually, Trump talked constantly about the economy and what he would do to turn it around. Of course, if you only get your news from the mainstream media you would not have realised this since they focused only on Trump as a caricature. Clinton hardly talked about the economy at all.

As for "Their jobs are gone. He can't bring them back" Ford and Chrysler workers may disagree with you. And Trump isn't even in office yet.

But yeah, KKK .....
Just the other day Ford announced they would not move part of their operation to Mexico and would indeed put on another 700 workers in their Detroit plant. about 3 months ago Trump had a meeting with those same guys (Ford) and told them if they moved they would pay a huge tariff on every car brought into the states...looks like the heavy-handed Trump might be working after all..

The brain dead comment (as you well know )was about the people that jumped on the 'pissgate' story as soon as it broke believing it to be true, is it elitist to look down my nose at zombies? i'd say not just common sense....but what propaganda do i believe ? i look at a story if i'm interested i'll look deeper and look for any evidence for whatever is being put forward as 'news' i have zero interest in any propaganda only the truth.

Saw a guy wearing a "Knights of the Southern Cross" tshirt at Westfield today. Was it you? Just askin'.

Just the other day Ford announced they would not move part of their operation to Mexico and would indeed put on another 700 workers in their Detroit plant. about 3 months ago Trump had a meeting with those same guys (Ford) and told them if they moved they would pay a huge tariff on every car brought into the states...looks like the heavy-handed Trump might be working after all..
God, you are naïve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back