Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think anyone really calls Florida the east coast do they? It's the south.

Just New York and Philly, happy I called it there.
Washington is amazing. You should have gone tgere

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Anyone been to Greenville, South Carolina or Asheville, North Carolina? They are meant to be the next popular cities...

I am going in Aug/Sept this year for 3-4 weeks. Plan so far is to fly into Alanta from LA and hire a car and head to Asheville, Greenville and head to Clemson for their first college football game. Continue on to Charleston and Savannah for a few nights each. Make my way to Tuscaloosa for an Alabama game.

Head to Nashville for a week and bit and catch a Titans game.

This will be my 4th in the states. Favourite city is Nashville so always spend most my time there.

Itinerary keeps changing...any other ideas? Will most likely be sticking to the south. I have previously done Texas and New Orleans.

Anyone been to Greenville, South Carolina or Asheville, North Carolina? They are meant to be the next popular cities...

I am going in Aug/Sept this year for 3-4 weeks. Plan so far is to fly into Alanta from LA and hire a car and head to Asheville, Greenville and head to Clemson for their first college football game. Continue on to Charleston and Savannah for a few nights each. Make my way to Tuscaloosa for an Alabama game.

This will be my 4th in the states. Favourite city is Nashville so always spend most my time there.

Itinerary keeps changing...any other ideas? Will most likely be sticking to the south. I have previously done Texas and New Orleans.

What's your favourite thing about Nashville? I'm thinking of including it in my upcoming trip

Two and a bit weeks for myself in September/October, have a mate playing for Arkansas State, so watching a game of his. Few days doing some PD at the college, then to Nashville to see Vanderbilt play. Hanging on the NFL schedule to come out for when the Titans play at home to try and cushion the blow of the price of accommodation by getting an Airbnb.
Then to Louisville for a few days, hitting the bourbon trail, day trip to Cincinatti, then finish off again in Nashville before flying out of Memphis.
Also a night in Lynchburg wedged in for the Jack Daniels distillery and a bit of a taste of rural Tennessee, visit to Shiloh battlefield, will get to Tupelo then Oxford to have a look at Ole Miss.
Have previously been to Memphis a couple of times, favourite place in the US, looking forward to seeing how Nashville differs.

What's your favourite thing about Nashville? I'm thinking of including it in my upcoming trip

I just love the vibe. Everyone there is there for a good time. All the bars on broadway have live music and rooftop bars.

The people are really friendly and of course the fried chicken and bbq.

Also no pressure to sightsee - they have a Johnny cash museum and country music hall of fame.

Two and a bit weeks for myself in September/October, have a mate playing for Arkansas State, so watching a game of his. Few days doing some PD at the college, then to Nashville to see Vanderbilt play. Hanging on the NFL schedule to come out for when the Titans play at home to try and cushion the blow of the price of accommodation by getting an Airbnb.
Then to Louisville for a few days, hitting the bourbon trail, day trip to Cincinatti, then finish off again in Nashville before flying out of Memphis.
Also a night in Lynchburg wedged in for the Jack Daniels distillery and a bit of a taste of rural Tennessee, visit to Shiloh battlefield, will get to Tupelo then Oxford to have a look at Ole Miss.
Have previously been to Memphis a couple of times, favourite place in the US, looking forward to seeing how Nashville differs.

I use Nashville for my annual pilgrimage to Makers Mark distillery (Loretto Kentucky). I love Nashville as well. My favorite southern city.

Hanging on the NFL schedule to come out for when the Titans play at home to try and cushion the blow of the price of accommodation by getting an Airbnb.

Incase you havn't been before...

Do you research when selecting seats, I went to a titans game 2 years ago and it was early afternoon and if i remember correctly the river side of the stadium gets the sun. No shade what so ever and it was fairly uncomfortable to watch. One of the worse stadiums i have been to.

I can't help you but i'll be jumping on the North Carolina bandwagon for my next trip later in the year.

Don't think i've heard a bad word about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Planning some variant of the grand circle road trip probably starting in November this year with some friends. At the moment looking at something like Vegas (just to fly to and hire a car), Zion, Bryce canyon, capital reef, arches, canyonlands, mesa Verde then not sure whether to loop back through say monument Valley, grand canyon or maybe chaco canyon, petrified forest, grand canyon.

Like is there much stuff around monument Valley or is it pretty safe to skip it for something else? Anyone been to alberquerque (maybe after mesa Verde) would it be an alright like halfway through stop do not much and recover point?

Going to Nashville in November to see the NE Patriots play the Titans (NFL).

Anyone been there and things to do?

I am heading to my first NFL game Titans vs Texans - week 2.

Things to do:
Country Music Hall of Fame
Johnny Cash Museum
Grand Ol Opry

Food:
Peg Leg Porker (dry ribs)
Martins BBQ
Acme Feed & Seed
Hattie’s B Chicken
Arnold’s Country Kitchen
Merchants

Just cruise along Broadway the main strip and bar hop. Listen to the live music. Also most bars have rooftops.

To get away from the touristy broadway head to midtown or East Nashville or Germantown.

Things to do:
Johnny Cash Museum
Grand Ol Opry

Food:
Martins BBQ
Acme Feed & Seed
Hattie’s B Chicken
Arnold’s Country Kitchen
Merchants

Just cruise along Broadway the main strip and bar hop. Listen to the live music. Also most bars have rooftops.

To get away from the touristy broadway head to midtown or East Nashville or Germantown.

Titans v Eagles for me

Things to do:
Johnny Cash Museum
Grand Ol Opry

Food:
Martins BBQ
Acme Feed & Seed
Hattie’s B Chicken
Arnold’s Country Kitchen
Merchants

Thanks.

Will hire a car after and go to Memphis and Chattanooga (just love the name) afterwards.

PS: my late Dad was a great Johnny Cash fan so will definitely check it out.

So I've booked 3 & 1/2 weeks in October/November.

LA for a few days (even know I've already been there)
Got a wedding in Palm Springs (so I'll be there for about 5 days)
Going to spend a couple of days in Temecula (wine region in South Cali)
San Diego for about 4-5 days (Spending Halloween there).

However I have about a 9-10 day gap in the middle. I am travelling with a 3 year old and a 6 month old and don't want to go anywhere I have already been (so rule out San Fran, Vegas ext). I also don't want to fly any further than say 3 hours with the kids.

I am tossing up between spending time in Austin and San Antonio. Or Portland and Seattle with maybe Vancouver.

Any
recommendations on which would be better? or any alternative ideas?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back