Useless topic but excitting!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Used Houli to a tee tonight, gave him the ball in space and he used it very well. There may well be games early in the season when he doesn't have much space, so he will be tested then. Hopefully he comes through, as he does the basics well, and we currently have a few who don't.

Good to here i liked the idea of picking him up, a bit of experience and some good game time will help him a lot.

Did DEA and Astbury play?
Like that Astbury kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sounds as though Port played a pretty strong squad is that correct? We had so many players missing, it seemed like we beat them with a much weaker squad?

It sounds as though Port played a pretty strong squad is that correct? We had so many players missing, it seemed like we beat them with a much weaker squad?
they had some out too.
Boak was one who I rate highly.

From my count, missing from Port's best 22 were:

Salopek, Brogan, Surjan, Ebert and Rodan

That's a few but I would say we were missing a lot more talent and experience, especially in the backline.

That's a few but I would say we were missing a lot more talent and experience, especially in the backline.

Agree, Jack + Lids alone probly make up for that lot :p

Gray and Hartlett weren't there either I don't think.

Personally I don't rate Port's list. Not average - but not the building of a premiership team by any stretch of a very big imagination.

A win is a win. I'm more happier about the performance of Houl and Vicks.

We didn't play a strong side by any stretch of imagination. It was probably a C team, which was better than the D & F squads we put out in the first round of the NAB Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back