News vaguely harassment lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because with recent news headlines I was interested in the views of Freos own supporters.

All I was doing was browsing and reading, not throwing bait or being a dick, but then I came across one of the most ridiculous and outlandish posts I think I have ever seen online and felt the desire to respond.

Calling someone a "nutcase" ??

I'm aware of his views, I don't share them, but I'm not that high and mighty to judge others on an internet forum.
You, on the other hand ...........

Jesus Christ, this bloke (or whatever noun it goes by) is a nutcase.
Do you understand the stats on the % of women who have been sexually harassed?
I think Lach was basically pointing out that it is difficult for some men to relate to sexual harassment because they have never experienced it.
I also dont think its appropriate for you to come to our board and call one of our posters a "nutcase". If we did that over on the WC board, we'd be slapped with a ban. Toddle off....

There are conflicting reports in the media. No doubt both sides are leaking to the media to get their story across. The first article earlier this week was toned in the positive for Fremantle and was probably leaked by the club. Subsequent articles would have come from the woman's side.

As readers/supporters it helps to be able to separate the wheat from the chafe and apply some common sense probability.

1. The Comment. Both sides acknowledge that something was said. It was either about her attire or her assets. Gut says if it was as innocent as the dress then the club would have leaked what the comment was especially if it wasn't as bad as budding boobs. I am going with budding boobs.
2. Who it was said to. This is a big one for me. If it was said directly to her then that is creepy and deserved of the attention. If it got relayed to her by a third party then I think this media hype is unfair and some of it should be focused on who did the blabbing and what their agenda is. Who hasn't said something provocative about a work colleague (whether male or female) behind their back? There'd be a lot of unemployed people if Ross losing his job over this is the standard. 50/50 on this but I will give Ross and the club the benefit.
3. Ross self reporting the next day. How easy it would be for the club and coach to say this happened. I can believe that this is/was a fabrication and did not happen.
4. Ross following the woman during the course of the night. I have two issues with this. One: This should be the big story here not a comment about budding boobs. The way the articles have described it is the budding boobs comment is the main discretion and the alleged harassment the side dish. Surely if this happened, the incidents would be the other way around and we would have heard more about how many times he approached her etc, and the side note would have been the comment. Surely an old bloke chasing you around a function would be creepier than anything that he said in front of others. Something not right there. Secondly; I don't know Ross personally so maybe that will debunk what I am about to say, but from what I have seen of him in the media he doesn't strike me as the type. He would have to have been one very pissed individual to constantly persist with harassing/advancing on an individual at a work do in front of other staff. Surely we would have read about "Lyon Drunk at Club Function". This claim doesn't add up me and I call bluff.
5. The teasing by other Freo Staff. The "watch where you sit down"..."pregnant" comment has nothing to do with Ross. Are we supposed to believe that because Ross cracked onto the girl that all the other staff turned on her after the incident? Hmmmm.
6. 2 months pregnant. Not sure what this has to do with anything except buy public perception in favour of the woman. 90% of women don't show any signs of pregnancy within the first 3 months and not until after that in most cases. That's partly why you announce a pregnancy after 12 weeks; you wouldn't have to otherwise because it is obvious. Having watched a partner go through multiple births I can confirm that the boobs don't even enlarge at that point. Sounds like PR on her side and all it is does for me is make the woman sound desperate into trying to make this a bigger story than what it maybe.

I don't think the "pro-woman" articles do much for her to be honest. I am now suspicious whether we have a case here of an employee who did not get along with fellow work staff during the course of her time at Freo and the comment made by Lyon, which got around to her by a third party, was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Stand to be corrected but from what I have read so far that is my deciphered understanding.

Last edited:
That and the payment story is vastly different depending on the newspaper.

I atill favour the hatchet job theory. Exaggerated claims knowing that the nda closes down right of reply /set the record straight etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And replace him with who exactly?

I hear hird and bomber are available

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Throw enough money at Clarkson and reckon he would come.

If the pay out is rumoured to be $100,000 Ross did much more than say a single sentence

Throw enough money at Clarkson and reckon he would come.

If the pay out is rumoured to be $100,000 Ross did much more than say a single sentence
Nope, with the football dept spending cap, we couldn't afford the overs we'd need to pay, he'd go to any club in Vic first.

As for rumoured payouts, it is just that, unsubstantiated rumour. 2 newspapers with vastly conflicting accounts.

Nope, with the football dept spending cap, we couldn't afford the overs we'd need to pay, he'd go to any club in Vic first.

As for rumoured payouts, it is just that, unsubstantiated rumour. 2 newspapers with vastly conflicting accounts.

According to one report Lyon's comments were not sexual in nature and made in a group incl 2 assistant coaches and not directly to the woman. The truth is very hard to work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back