Mod. Notice Vale Grizzlym

Remove this Banner Ad

What a terrible shock. He would have only been 51 - far too young.

His stories, his enthusiasm for the history of the club, his moderation of this board was all memorable. His absence was really felt when he took some time away and I always hoped he'd come back to the board.

Always missed.

Vale Matt.

Love grizz always, so many good thoughts and memories.
and he can keep the lawnmower I don’t mind, I still laugh at the stories he told about his old man.
im buying you beers when I join you upstairs.

Last edited:
As others have said, the stories about Grizzly's dad had you hanging off his everyword whilst letting little a pee slip out..funny stuff.
You make a mental picture of posters even though in most cases we do not know each other.
When I read any of Grizz's work you could feel the warmth and at times it felt as if you were in the room with him.
I'm not suprised to read that Grizz reached out to people and showed empathy and kindness far beyond his role as a bigfooty mod.

RIP Grizzly

BF is poorer for his loss but it will always be richer for his contribution. The tales about his dad have always given me laughter tears and I've shared a few with non footy folks.
Thanks Grizz and may you RIP young man
Condolences to your family and friends

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Condolences to family and friends.

Only interacted with him on the forum and he went above and beyond whenever I needed help when first starting out as a moderator.

This makes me very sad - sincere condolences to his family and friends, I hope you all can eventually find some peace.

Always enjoyed seeing Grizz's name pop up in threads - he lent an aura of intelligence and comfortability in his thoughts that I loved to read. He will be missed.

Shocking news. Great guy, i’m here in this forum because of him.
Best wishes to his family, friends and anyone who had the pleasure of getting to know him.
Rip Grizz
Same here i stayed and started posting on this forum cos of Grizz. Never had the pleasure of meeting but will miss him. Missed him when he left and now really a shock that he is gone condolences to his family and i guess the hawthorn bigfooty community if not the whole of bigfooty will feel the loss of his presence

Vale Matt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back