Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

“ ohh,he won’t be in their next premiership team” What a ******* lazy throw away line that is. Pathetic. I’ll say that not one current player on Essendons list will be anywhere near a premiership. Maybe Zach Merrett if he manages to get to a more capable club other than the s**t storm he’s currently attached to. Feel so sorry for him.
But back to that shocking cliché, so ******* lazy and trotted out way too often. Only one team can win the flag. So lazy and unrealistic.

Heard Darcy say so-and-so ‘put his absolute head over the ball’ on Saturday night.

Even for a qualifier that is overused by most, it didn’t really belong in this sentence.
It’s called an adverb. 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m noticing that a great many people seem unable to manage the consonant digraph 😉 of th.
I’ve lost count of the commentators, reporters, politicians and other talking heads who say “New Souf Wales” (Queensland Assistant Police Commissioner I’m looking at you), “helf” etc. How come?

I’m noticing that a great many people seem unable to manage the consonant digraph 😉 of th.
I’ve lost count of the commentators, reporters, politicians and other talking heads who say “New Souf Wales” (Queensland Assistant Police Commissioner I’m looking at you), “helf” etc. How come?

If they were Londoners you'd be forgiving.

Cockneys to be specific.

Perhaps it's the Norfication of discourse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back