VFL Game Day VFL Round 18: Collingwood v Essendon, Sat 9/8, 1:10pm @ Victoria Park (17 point loss)

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately, last week's shellacking at the hands of Williamstown almost ended our season- we're now languishing in 11th, 6 points and 24% behind eighth placed Geelong. We'd need a miracle to make finals from here.

The Pies are seventh and a further game ahead of Geelong.

This will be the second time we've played them this season- we lost the earlier fixture the day after Anzac Day at Windy Hill by 25 points, with Kyle Martin starring with six goals.

Patrick Ambrose's injury could well mean that Ariel Steinberg is promoted to the seniors, and Jake Melksham is not without a shot of being promoted to. Quite likely, even. So the crux of the matter is, our depth is now being severely tested and the VFL side is suffering for it.

Anyhow, the game is at Victoria Park, which is now a really good place to watch footy. It's a public reserve and entry is free to all- there are no ticketed gates at Victoria Park.

It's right near Victoria Park station, which is on the Hurstbridge and South Morang lines.

Could be a nice opportunity to get along and see them!

Wonder if we'll get a look at Bowe or Milham.

There could be a few new faces given that the KPP stocks have taken such a battering in the last few weeks.

Anyhow, the game is at Victoria Park, which is now a really good place to watch footy. It's a public reserve and entry is free to all- there are no ticketed gates at Victoria Park.
So it is free to go to the game?

Entry is free to all.
Oh okay I'll definately try to go then. Never actually been to Vic Park, driven past it though. How does Collingwood/the VFL make a profit out of the game then? Are they solely relying on the canteen/kiosk?

Jack Package, it's not the first time he's (Gleeson) been named recently though, is it?

He's just not played when named. Let's hope this is different.

Yes, and i continue to get irrationally over excited.

Don't ruin this for me mate

Darcy Moore is on the bench though.

Will be interesting to see how he goes given this will be his first senior game
He's a forward though, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it's good that some of the highly touted Draft Picks are playing as the 23rd man in the VFL. Think some have been too sacred to show their face - Or they've got bad advise from player managers.

I'll hopefully make it down and provide a report.

Are there any players you want me to pay particular attention to?

Very strong Coll side- interesting to see how our boys go! Lets hope some of the more senior guys (TB, Jetta, Melksham, Hardy, Merrett) have super games!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back