Victorian Aboriginal Football/Netball Carnival

Remove this Banner Ad

You can correct me if Im wrong but I thought Rumbalara beat Commella at Swan Hill in 1993. Cause we Warma were done by Worawa with the last kick of game by 1 point after Justin Murphy snagged one after the siren and then lost by 7 points to Rumbalara in game two who Im sure went on and won it.

You could be right, i only went off the source given in last years carnival record. I cant go by memory because i would have only been about 1 and 1/2 years old.

3873094641a8920981789l.jpg

Yeah wouldn't mind seein the stars list actually...

And I put money on lake condah only bringin the one team to melb this year, just because there's only about 10-15 people that really seems interested, you've only gotta look at their very own homegrown superstar Nat-rat leavin em to play with the eels. Fair enough its the same region an all but ya gotta help ya own out 1st.... In my opinon anyway

Love the point from a while back about div two teams steppin up aswell...

Yeah wouldn't mind seein the stars list actually...

And I put money on lake condah only bringin the one team to melb this year, just because there's only about 10-15 people that really seems interested, you've only gotta look at their very own homegrown superstar Nat-rat leavin em to play with the eels. Fair enough its the same region an all but ya gotta help ya own out 1st.... In my opinon anyway

Love the point from a while back about div two teams steppin up aswell...

Do you think that the will compete in Div 1 or Div 2 cause it would be a shambles if they pulled out of div 1 leaving only 5 teams.

Div 2 sides that think they would be competative in div 1 should be given the oppertunity to put a case that they will not be just making up the numbers. like first year teams and say a Coomella who may have been in the top two div 2 sides would be very competetive against say a Robinvale in Div 1 but cant progress because of the rules set out that only the winners of Div 2 can go up and first year teams that enter must play div 2.

who is he? where is he from ? where does he play?

hey goodie, is duds platschinda coaching nilma-darnum 2's along with one of his sons?
his name is kael bergals he's from warragul here in victoria and he plays for nilma darnum.

yep he most certainly does with his son brad and and his other son dave played most of the year to.

his name is kael bergals he's from warragul here in victoria and he plays for nilma darnum.

yep he most certainly does with his son brad and and his other son dave played most of the year to.

i gather he will probably play for Kurnai Wanik in division 2 if he is from Warragul. i know that all the Dow, Hood, Proctor,Pepper boys played for them last year. i gather he is related to one of the mobs from the region. i think that we (fitzroy stars young guns) are drawn to play them this year and i am spewing that i ain't playing, as i love playing against my relo's when i get the chance.

Dudsy coached at Moe Colts when i started my footballing career and brad and dave both played then. if you see them around the traps, tell them that Boony say's hello.

yes yes he is hahaha loves it did a very good job this year getting the boys into the finals.

if you hunt down pluggeroo on here thats brad hes a moderator over on the gippy board if you wanted to say g'day!

Essendon's Leroy Jetta has applied to play with Cummeragunja at the Carnival. With a chance that Jarrod Atkinson may play with them as well. Will be a good game against West Vic Eels with Andrew Lovett and Nathan Lovett-Murray playing for them. Four Bombers toe to toe will be very interesting. With the Bombers injury woes this season chances are only one of them will make it to the second day without hurting themselves.

anyone got any ideas about if Chris Egan is playing or not??

Would play for Cummera if anyone wouldn't he? Maybe Stars been in Melb a few years now.

But he wouldn't want to hurt himself if he wants to get picked up again, the grounds aren't up to VFL standard from what i'm told. Anyone with niggles or soft tissues issues will get exposed over two days. Just to risky for AFL players with many starting their pre - season two three weeks after the carnival.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would play for Cummera if anyone wouldn't he? Maybe Stars been in Melb a few years now.

But he wouldn't want to hurt himself if he wants to get picked up again, the grounds aren't up to VFL standard from what i'm told. Anyone with niggles or soft tissues issues will get exposed over two days. Just to risky for AFL players with many starting their pre - season two three weeks after the carnival.

Did he get de-listed?

My understanding is Chris Egan hate's the STARS so he might go play for West Vic as every other Indigenous AFL footballer is?...Chris was a good supporter of the club during the NFL but at the carnival, your with us or you hate us...We are the Collingwood of the Aboriginal Football Carnival, maybe thats why i love Collingwood and Stars? Because everyone who isnt with us hates us.:D lol.

Cant wait for the weekend, gonna be a great first division this year, Robinvale are probably the only side that shouldnt be there but i wish them all the best for taking up the challenge. Any team will be able to win it this year. It will come down to who plays best as a team, i dont think a side of AFL players can beat a TEAM.

A champion team is better than a team of champion's.

Also heard that Warma have been training 3 days a week. Could be a case of over working a side before a carnival because your not going to get any fitter training 3 days a week in the 2 weeks leading up to the carnival.

Have any teams put restrictions on thier players for not going out on the Friday and Saturday nights? I know the Stars boys havnt been told to stay home or been given a curfew over past years.

Also love the "E" teams creative thinking with WUNSYALUV, im guessing thats meant to be translated as "One's You Love".

Opening is at the Netball stadium (Across the road from the ovals at Barling Reserve) at 7.00 PM.

And for other's not involved in the carnival, entry is free and it is a drug and alcohol free event.

Two sleeps to go. I'm on the Cummera bandwagon, all the way!!!
Is there a best under 21 player for the carnival??

Don't know but we got 14 of 'em. and the rest are under 25. Good Luck GG24. I know it hasn't all been plain sailing for the Cummera crew. Like everyone I guess we have a solid 25 now, had to leave a couple out and coach Djars is drilled the boys well and we now look forward to another crack at the title.

Chris Egan trained with us tonight, looks like he's playing for Cumra...Also heard Nathan Lovett-Murray, Andrew Lovett, Leory Jetta and Jarryd Atkinson have been told by Matthew Knights none of them are aloud to play, its not confirmed but if true then the Eels would be crying.

Don't know but we got 14 of 'em. and the rest are under 25. Good Luck GG24. I know it hasn't all been plain sailing for the Cummera crew. Like everyone I guess we have a solid 25 now, had to leave a couple out and coach Djars is drilled the boys well and we now look forward to another crack at the title.

Yeah good luck to you'se too Cuz.
If you get a chance to check out any of our games Daim, you should watch out for young Ashley Miller and Levi Power. Niether of them are built big at all but they go well, an if there is a best under 21 award i'm tipping one of those two to get it.
Who do you think will get a look in from your team(s)??

Yeah good luck to you'se too Cuz.
If you get a chance to check out any of our games Daim, you should watch out for young Ashley Miller and Levi Power. Niether of them are built big at all but they go well, an if there is a best under 21 award i'm tipping one of those two to get it.
Who do you think will get a look in from your team(s)??

Both Ash and Levi have good frames to build on, I know that they both didnt many games at Easterm Rangers, but ash has another year, not sure weather levi will get another because of the injury. But the one I think will come though in the next few years will be Robert Power.

The VFL boys jump out at me mainly Williamstown reserves premiership player Josh Young, Bendigo Bombers Reserves B&F Rex Taylor and BB 150 Year Medalist Corey Wanganeen. Braydon Williams had a good year with the Stars as did Wade Austin. Of the U/18 boys young Joey Briggs from Deni Rams and Jarrad Day Echuca United finshed 2nd and 3rd Respectativally in the Murray FL 3rds B&F this season and Aaron Harrison Div2 U/15 Schoolboys rep Central Murray.

What a grand final that was for the carnival yesterday. West Vic Eels leading all day till D.T puts the Stars in front with probably less than 2 minutes on the clock. After the Young Guns lost the granny i was pretty scared that we wer'nt going to be taking any trophie home, but after being 36 points down only a few minutes prior to 3/4 time the STARS fought back hard to win by 2 points. Well done STARS 4 state championship's in a row, looking forward to Geelong in 2009.

I would also like to apologise to anyone who took offence to any of my post's on this thread over the past 2 weeks or so, i was just trying to build up abit of tension for the carnival.

Played my first carnival this year, and to play for the Young Guns was the biggest honour of my life so far. To play with all them blokes was absolutly amazing, and after we lost it i did shead a tear or 2, but there is always next year boys.

Thank you to VAYSAR and the Fitzroy Stars Football Club for making this carnival so great and so memorable.

P.S. Choice of venue was great, atmosphere was awesome having everyone together like that.

Division 1 awards:
Jock Austin Best Finals Player: Darren Turner JNR (D.T) (Fitzroy Stars)
Ron Edwards Best Overall Player: Kaelun Brown (K.B) (Fitzroy Stars)
Darren Turner Most Goals In Carnival: Rohan Best (Fitzroy Stars)

George Atkinson State Championship History

1986 - Fitzroy Stars
1987 - Fitzroy Stars
1988 - Rumbalara
1989 - Rumbalara
1990 - Echuca (Warma)
1991 - Rumbalara
1992 - Worawa
1993 - Fitzroy Stars
1994 - Dandenong (Bunnerong)
1995 - Fitzroy Stars
1996 - Bunnerong
1997 - Fitzroy Stars
1998 - Fitzroy Stars
1999 - West Vic Eels
2000 - West Vic Eels
2001 - Fitzroy Stars
2002 - West Vic Eels
2003 - Fitzroy Stars
2004 - Gippsland
2005 - Fitzroy Stars
2006 - Fitzroy Stars
2007 - Fitzroy Stars

------------------------------

Total George Atkinson State Championship's: 22

The Breakdown:

Fitzroy Stars - 11
Rumbalara - 3
West Vic Eels - 3
Dandenong / Bunnerong - 2
Echuca - 1
Worawa - 1
Gippsland - 1

sorry to correct you on one of these but rumbalara won in 93. it was played in swan hill and as the fitzroy stars and cummera cobined that year and i played in that side i know we definately didn't win that one.

George Atkinson State Championship History

Year - State Champions Venue

1986 - Fitzroy Stars - ?
1987 - Fitzroy Stars - Echuca-Moama
1988 - Rumbalara - Mooroopna
1989 - Rumbalara - ?
1990 - Warma Turtles (Echuca) - Melbourne
1991 - Rumbalara - Echuca-Moama
1992 - Worawa - Melbourne
1993 - Rumbalara - Swan Hill
1994 - Dandenong (Bunnerong) - Morwell
1995 - Fitzroy Stars - Dandenong