wacky wookie thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel 10 with a modern commentary team would be good, that old bugger with the good calls from chan 7 (mind blank, not the other twat) would be a good start, as well as a few radio hosts would make a fantastic commentary team. Get a few biased commentators in there so they can have a bit of fun, and less know it all factual w***ers who couldn't tell their ass from their nose.

leo_barry_194298c-1942998.jpg
Best non hawks GF moment of my lifetime.

I still think (whichever one of the scott brothers it is) bumping into Nick Riewoldt like that is the DIRTIEST thing I have ever seen on a football field.

Only because Eddie McGuire made sure the situation was stripped of all context and made people forget that Riewoldt had pushed the trainer away and was moving back into position.

If Ten get the rights, Greg Rust will probably worm his way into some sort of hosting role. This is the worst thing that could happen for football.

For those who don't know, he's a bit like Basil Zempilas, but even less charisma.

If Ten get the rights, Greg Rust will probably worm his way into some sort of hosting role. This is the worst thing that could happen for football.

For those who don't know, he's a bit like Basil Zempilas, but even less charisma.

And yet is well respected in motorsport.

Just on that...how Ten can afford to do the deal with the AFL given how much they have forked out to have V8 Supercars?

How about:

Channel 7: Friday night and Sunday afternoon
Channel 9: Saturday afternoon and Saturday night
Channel 10: Thursday night
Foxtel: Four games exclusive and simulcast the other five

All games have to be in HD. I could live with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All games exclusive to foxtel please.

how about no
Agree. The split rounds and bye rounds have been so low key this season due to the lack on FTA coverage on the weekends. Think we get 2 games on some weekends, 3 on others that it really gets people into a routine of doing something else on their weekend.

AFL should * everyone off and make their own AFL.TV. The consumer should be able to buy an online footy only channel as with every other major sport.
Don't be stupid. Despite it's shrinking audience FTA teevee is essential. Online footy channel will come, but I reckons FTA/ STV/ IPTV will be the next mix, and a ten year deal would see FTA out

Wouldn't be bad, but please get rid of the 5 minute warning. We're not children ffs.
I wouldn't mind deregulating the commentary ie. you pay for the pictures but can choose who commentates, whether that be so-called professionals (!), or some clown calling it from his mum's house in templestowe. Imagine the comedic potential

AFL should * everyone off and make their own AFL.TV. The consumer should be able to buy an online footy only channel as with every other major sport.

Not a single sport in the world has an online only channel going into their key markets. They either show extra games not shown on pay tv or fta or are avalable only overseas etc.

Not a single sport in the world has an online only channel going into their key markets. They either show extra games not shown on pay tv or fta or are avalable only overseas etc.
Don't be stupid. Despite it's shrinking audience FTA teevee is essential. Online footy channel will come, but I reckons FTA/ STV/ IPTV will be the next mix, and a ten year deal would see FTA out
I'm not saying the games don't get shown on FreeTV I'm all for that, but there should be an online option so that you don't have to buy fox. The AFL should own the foxfooty channel and then on sell to fox. They would make so much more money in the advertisements.

NFL Game Pass definitely isn't. The only way Americans can (legally) stream an NFL game live is if they have a DirecTV (cable) subscription.

Yep and NBA only shows games not shown in your area. Everything that is, is blacked out. Since all AFL games are live on Foxtel in all areas they would all be blacked out. You can of course all games live on Foxtel GO.

Foxtel to get no games for the sake of the game.

Seven and Ten taking turns showing matches each round throughout the series and the finals until the end of the deal.

The problem Foxtel pay the most money to get all games live even against the CH 7 telecasts and lke a lot of people I only watch Foxtel because the picture quality is 100 times better.

I don't care what happens as long as the best commentary crew does the GF.

More important is how we can enjoy our favourites. There needs to be a blu-ray made for all finals in 1080p. I'm so at a loss how DVD is still the 99.9% delivery for name-a-game in the last 5-10 years of games that have been filmed at 1080i.

Blu-ray titles in movies hit the market in 2006. 8 years ago now....

Get with the times AFL media. Australia in general

====

I recently bought the 2010 Drawn GF and the 2011 GF blu-rays. The only currently available blu's. If you guys haven't experienced it, you don't know what you are missing.

I don't care what happens as long as the best commentary crew does the GF.

More important is how we can enjoy our favourites. There needs to be a blu-ray made for all finals in 1080p. I'm so at a loss how DVD is still the 99.9% delivery for name-a-game in the last 5-10 years of games that have been filmed at 1080i.

Blu-ray titles in movies hit the market in 2006. 8 years ago now....

Get with the times AFL media. Australia in general

====

I recently bought the 2010 Drawn GF and the 2011 GF blu-rays. The only currently available blu's. If you guys haven't experienced it, you don't know what you are missing.

The AFL would also make stupid amounts of money if they let us purchase digital download copies of games in HD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back