Wade - A vote of NO CONFIDENCE, sack him ?

Remove this Banner Ad

behindthescenes

Debutant
Jun 3, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Surely it is about time that Mr Wade's position was opened up for discussion by all Tasmanian football clubs power brokers and that his position become re advertised. This means that other suitable applicants can apply and he would have to again apply for his own position, I very much doubt he would get it. Football Tasmania need to start getting it right, Mr Wade is not respected by the footy public regardless of whether you like him or not. Does he have a never ending contract with Football Tasmania ? Who agrees / disagrees ?

Surely it is about time that Mr Wade's position was opened up for discussion by all Tasmanain football clubs power brokers and that his position become re advertised. This means that other suitable applicants can apply and he would have to again apply for his own position, I very much doubt he would get it. Football Tasmania need to start getting it right, Mr Wade is not respected by the footy public regardless of whether you like him or not.

Totally agree:thumbsu:

I think everyone knows my opinion on Wade, it's about time the AFL took notice of the football publics opinion of him and his cronies but I reckon he is doing what they want because if footy in Tassie remains in dissaray that is one more nail in the coffin for a Tassie AFL team.

here is a Facebook group which Wade would love

http://www.facebook.com/search/?o=6...09589&ref=search&sid=1003415226.1479593782..1

Surely it is about time that Mr Wade's position was opened up for discussion by all Tasmanian football clubs power brokers and that his position become re advertised. This means that other suitable applicants can apply and he would have to again apply for his own position, I very much doubt he would get it. Football Tasmania need to start getting it right, Mr Wade is not respected by the footy public regardless of whether you like him or not. Does he have a never ending contract with Football Tasmania ? Who agrees / disagrees ?

I totally agree.
Wade has made blunder after blunder for as many years as you care to remember yet he is still retained in his position as General Manager.
AFL Tas must realise this state league will not last much longer unless they get rid of him.
After all the hollow promises made to clubs that the state league would
be different this time around we are not even at the end of the first season and all the old familiar arguments are on again.
What Wade did to Devonport is like waving a red rag at a bull.
Just read todays Advocate to see the leveel of anger and outrage on the Coast.
Wade is not respected or trusted by any of the Northern clubs and most of the southern clubs from what I have heard and read.
He will never be able to throw of his allegiance to Clarence and treat all
clubs impartially. We need to get some one in the job with no bias preferably someone from interstate if necessary.

Well done BTS, lets all get behind this. If Wade goes I know heaps of people will get back involved with football in this state and we will finally have something positive to look fwd too. Alot of people have had enough of these promises only to have the rug pulled out from hem at the last minute. I hope Devonport come down and Win..

I think everyone knows my opinion on Wade, it's about time the AFL took notice of the football publics opinion of him and his cronies but I reckon he is doing what they want because if footy in Tassie remains in dissaray that is one more nail in the coffin for a Tassie AFL team.

here is a Facebook group which Wade would love

http://www.facebook.com/search/?o=6...09589&ref=search&sid=1003415226.1479593782..1

It just seems whenever we make a decision which is different to their opinion they want to sook about it." Wayne Povey

Wayne Povey is that vain he hides in the bushes on a beach not far from the cricket ground and sneaks cigaretts into him. Poor bugger. So if you see him wondering along the beach in your travels please offer him a dart. He would be for ever greatful.

Lets all do what ever it takes to get rid of Wade.

Scott Wade you must be sitting back there and rubbing your hands together seeing the demise of the Burnie Dockers... you are the one thing that will make sure this TSL wont survive

you obviously dont know wade very well and all the comments he has made about northern clubs .. his main interest is only for southern clubs .. who is the idiot

you obviously dont know wade very well and all the comments he has made about northern clubs .. his main interest is only for southern clubs .. who is the idiot

& why would you be saying that. North Hobart lost all finals footy, Glenorchy were on top & got nothing for it, the only club laughing is Clarence who made money from 3 matches at Bellerive & spent a fortune over the cap with no questions asked. Also Wadey pushed hard for Ulverstone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe it has a little to do with the early statewide days... dunno about you but 90% of the old supporters from Burnie absolutely hate Clarence with a passion guess the hatred between the two clubs evolved and still exists ... and wadey still holds that feeling.

maybe it has a little to do with the early statewide days... dunno about you but 90% of the old supporters from Burnie absolutely hate Clarence with a passion guess the hatred between the two clubs evolved and still exists ... and wadey still holds that feeling.

Not sure about that. My mail is that he is hated at Clarence as he was a key player towards the end of the statewide league when the club was on its knees (like most other clubs).

Anyone see these articles in the Advocate today??
AFL Tas emails given the boot
Footy fans entitled to know the full story
Apparently Scott Wade is annoyed at emails being leaked to the media, so he's banned AFL Tas from using emails for sensitive information. From now on, if he wants to say something secret to the 10 club presidents, the three regional managers will call them.

This is from Martin Agatyn's column:

And, before anyone goes pointing the finger at the two Coastal presidents for leaking information to us, I can assure AFL Tasmania it's not down to them.

All club presidents have a duty to share information concerning their club with their board of directors and in some cases their coaching staff.

So straight away, there's already a bigger circle of people involved "in the know".

If one of them wants to share the information with the public via the media, then who are we to argue?
And, just for the record, the latest leak about the Burnie reserves didn't even come from anyone associated with a State League club - the grapevine was working well enough that day without their help.
And this:

The Advocate sports department prides itself on its network of contacts, particularly where football is concerned, and we acknowledge no-one else in Tasmania is more passionate about football than Coastal fans.

The Advocate has continually led the media agenda on the Tasmanian State League from the outset, even becoming the first media outlet in the state to reveal plans for the competition two years ago.

We will continue to report on it fearlessly - it will take more than banning group emails to stop us.

In the meantime, I'm sure our professional relationship with Scott Wade and AFL Tasmania will continue as normal despite this latest development.

We recognise it's his job to block sensitive issues from us and he realises it's our job to find them out.

Consequently, we would urge everyone from club presidents down to continue to share information with us, as we don't believe in censorship.
It's the people's game and the people have a right to know.

I understand he doesn't like people leaking to the media... but this isn't Soviet Russia. People are going to talk about things if they don't like them. What Wade and AFL Tas need to realise is it's healthy for people to talk about issues. If no one ever questioned those in charge, then how would they know if they were stuffing up?? Because they do stuff up - everyone does. They need to worry less about people getting grumpy in the media and more about making sure the clubs are onboard with their plans.

Anyone see these articles in the Advocate today??
AFL Tas emails given the boot
Footy fans entitled to know the full story
Apparently Scott Wade is annoyed at emails being leaked to the media, so he's banned AFL Tas from using emails for sensitive information. From now on, if he wants to say something secret to the 10 club presidents, the three regional managers will call them.

This is from Martin Agatyn's column:

And this:

[/i]
I understand he doesn't like people leaking to the media... but this isn't Soviet Russia. People are going to talk about things if they don't like them. What Wade and AFL Tas need to realise is it's healthy for people to talk about issues. If no one ever questioned those in charge, then how would they know if they were stuffing up?? Because they do stuff up - everyone does. They need to worry less about people getting grumpy in the media and more about making sure the clubs are onboard with their plans.

It seems that AFL Tas just want to bully their way past the clubs to get what they want. & thats the problem, supporters like us that actually pay to watch &/or sponsor the footy are given no clue as to what the plans for the future of footy are. I'm not even sure the clubs know what the plans are!! Destroying the reserves would be the DUMBEST thing ever in Tasmanian football. If Burnie have created such a mess for themselves then they should go back to the NTFL. I've just about had enough of those who rule football & use it for their own benefit. I include our polititians throwing $millions at Hawthorn. That should be spent on getting our own team that would play in L'ton & in Hobart, BUT NOT ON A VICTORIAN CLUB.

State league clubs lose faith in football administrator

TASMANIAN State League presidents have lost confidence in AFL Tasmania's administration of the competition less than a year after the rebirth of the statewide concept.
A meeting of the 10 club presidents at Ross on Thursday night is expected to discuss, among other issues, moving a motion of no-confidence in AFL Tasmania general manager Scott Wade.

State league clubs lose faith in football administrator

TASMANIAN State League presidents have lost confidence in AFL Tasmania's administration of the competition less than a year after the rebirth of the statewide concept.
A meeting of the 10 club presidents at Ross on Thursday night is expected to discuss, among other issues, moving a motion of no-confidence in AFL Tasmania general manager Scott Wade.

It looks like at last this man will be taken to task. How many more chances can he be given after the latest debacle about trying to publicly
praise Burnie for pulling their reserves side then privately bagging them.
Which version does the footy public believe ?
It also raises the question on how many times has this sort of thing happened before ?
This State league is already on shaky ground and the second season hasnt even started yet.
There will be a lot of people around Tasmania watching the outcome of Thursdays meeting with great anticipation.

It looks like at last this man will be taken to task. How many more chances can he be given after the latest debacle about trying to publicly
praise Burnie for pulling their reserves side then privately bagging them.
Which version does the footy public believe ?
It also raises the question on how many times has this sort of thing happened before ?
This State league is already on shaky ground and the second season hasnt even started yet.
There will be a lot of people around Tasmania watching the outcome of Thursdays meeting with great anticipation.

For it all to be a success it needs strong, open book, clear and concise leadership starting right at the top and at all levels down.
I get the feeling it's too 'closed shop' with an 'old boys network' mentality.
That sets a poor image and doesn't endear itself the punters at all, or the players.

It can be very successful if it's marketed properly and managed well but it is quite concerning to see/hear some of the things going on and to be honest Wade has such a poor name in Tasmanian football with the clubs, players, fans and administrators alike it doesn't help matters.
All organisations need fresh blood and this is no different.

Where is the publicity for this league? Less than a month away and there's nothing at all.

For it all to be a success it needs strong, open book, clear and concise leadership starting right at the top and at all levels down.
I get the feeling it's too 'closed shop' with an 'old boys network' mentality.
That sets a poor image and doesn't endear itself the punters at all, or the players.

It can be very successful if it's marketed properly and managed well but it is quite concerning to see/hear some of the things going on and to be honest Wade has such a poor name in Tasmanian football with the clubs, players, fans and administrators alike it doesn't help matters.
All organisations need fresh blood and this is no different.

Where is the publicity for this league? Less than a month away and there's nothing at all.

Its become a real sad state of affairs. It seems to me & others that this AFL Tas lot are not really interested in community football at all. They seem to be hell bent on changing the very nature of club football. They SEEM to want some bunch of broke & compliant clubs that are only focussed on giving the elite footy youngsters a 'pathway' to mainland football. With each lad exported, & with each TSL sponsor & with government money as well, they fund their own massive administration & nice comfortable Incomes. Meanwhile the clubs are forced to do more with less & less volunteers. If they do have some plan then no one seems to have seen it. AFL Tas have form. They saw the mariners go from full to part time, oversaw the end of the last SWL, ruined & destroyed the Devils, all without any explanation to the football public. If the clubs & other community leaders dont start demanding answers, then footy really is stuffed. All I can think of is this must be part of Demetrious' plan to keep Tassie footy down so we have less of a chance to have an AFL Team. Clubs & government should DEMAND to see the books. Cooked or otherwise.

Its become a real sad state of affairs. It seems to me & others that this AFL Tas lot are not really interested in community football at all. They seem to be hell bent on changing the very nature of club football. They SEEM to want some bunch of broke & compliant clubs that are only focussed on giving the elite footy youngsters a 'pathway' to mainland football. With each lad exported, & with each TSL sponsor & with government money as well, they fund their own massive administration & nice comfortable Incomes. Meanwhile the clubs are forced to do more with less & less volunteers. If they do have some plan then no one seems to have seen it. AFL Tas have form. They saw the mariners go from full to part time, oversaw the end of the last SWL, ruined & destroyed the Devils, all without any explanation to the football public. If the clubs & other community leaders dont start demanding answers, then footy really is stuffed. All I can think of is this must be part of Demetrious' plan to keep Tassie footy down so we have less of a chance to have an AFL Team. Clubs & government should DEMAND to see the books. Cooked or otherwise.

To my mind, there appears to be way, way too much emphasis on getting young players drafted to the AFL and not enough emphasis on the clubs themselves, the fans and the actual league.
Too much of an emphasis on this latest buzzword 'pathways'.
It's fantastic when a player comes through the ranks and gets onto an AFL list and everyone is pleased for him doing that but there is MUCH, MUCH more to the league than that, but it appears that they don't want to talk about it nor do they want to promote it too much.
And that's a crying shame because I have no doubt that it could go very well.

The clubs really need to stick together if they want change and improvement, not knifing each other in the back like they did in the former Statewide League.

PS: Get rid of the name TSL while we're at it, State League what? Where's the words FOOTBALL in it?

I don't buy the paper, is the Advocate the only one doing stories like this?

Little has changed since SFL collapse
A FORMER Coastal football club administrator said yesterday he was not surprised to hear of clubs losing confidence in AFL Tasmania and its general manager Scott Wade.

The story ended with this slight exaggeration
Australia's largest online Australian Rules football forum, Bigfooty.com, also carried two pages of negative comments on the issue yesterday following the story in The Advocate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back