Warner; time he walked/was pushed off the plank?

Remove this Banner Ad

In his last 24 Test knocks he has made just 4 fifties.

He has been a liability overseas for a decade. He has yet to make a ton in Pomgolia or BanIndia. He averages at Mitch Marsh levels v qual Oppo.

Now he is a kerplunk on home decks where he was a Flat Track Bully.

Aside from the fact he is an odious Twerp, his form demands his sacking from the Test Team.

Hell yes. We have two aging openers which is a problem, one of them is very high performing. The other has performed pretty poorly for years and is a massive disruptive flog.

If we let them decide when they retire we could wind up with two brand new openers with little experience.
That would break the habit of at least my lifetime where CA tries to hold an aging team together for as long as possible and then wonders why the inexperienced replacements take a while to find their feet.

I feel Renshaw is the perfect replacement at this point in time.
  • In good FC form.
  • Has been to India already and did okay-ish, probably learnt a lot from his experience there also.
  • Is used to batting with Uzzie at the top of the order and for Queensland.

Maybe give Warner a send off at the G on boxing day (people have short memories but he has had an exceptional career as an opener). Get Renshaw in for the Sydney test to get him settled back into the line-up ready for India.

Yep I would knife him. Renshaw in vs SA (who we should beat) to settle in before India/England away which will be a different proposition.

The reality is he will have too many credits in the bank in the selectors minds and it will be after a string of failures overseas he gets dropped and someone will be thrust into test 3 in India or test 2 in England or something like that.

Best hope is perhaps for a public spat to really blow up.

Deserves a proper send off.

Not sure why he wouldn’t want that on home soil.

I’d be comfortable with carrying him to Sydney and have his farewell in front of his home ground.
Fired out of a barrel in front of a packed house opening morning with Renshaw replacing him to get settled in for a game before leaving for India

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel Renshaw is the perfect replacement at this point in time.
  • In good FC form.
  • Has been to India already and did okay-ish, probably learnt a lot from his experience there also.
  • Is used to batting with Uzzie at the top of the order and for Queensland.

Maybe give Warner a send off at the G on boxing day (people have short memories but he has had an exceptional career as an opener). Get Renshaw in for the Sydney test to get him settled back into the line-up ready for India.
Exceptional? He is absolutely s**t away and only scores runs on the roads we produce here.

Yep I would knife him. Renshaw in vs SA (who we should beat) to settle in before India/England away which will be a different proposition.

The reality is he will have too many credits in the bank in the selectors minds and it will be after a string of failures overseas he gets dropped and someone will be thrust into test 3 in India or test 2 in England or something like that.

Best hope is perhaps for a public spat to really blow up.
A string of failures overseas? Are you taking the piss? That is pretty much his whole career overseas and the last 2 years has been abysmal.

Mate how ******* long is your piece of string - must be one of those 20 year ones.

A string of failures overseas? Are you taking the piss? That is pretty much his whole career overseas and the last 2 years has been abysmal.

Mate how ******* long is your piece of string - must be one of those 20 year ones.

That is what I think will happen, not what I want to happen. I completely agree with you, but it's not my string.

As long as Harris is in the squad, Warner can keep his spot as far as I'm concerned.

Hoping that Renshaw comes into calculations soon though, and those in the Shield keep making consistent runs (Hunt, Ward etc.).
Would be ironic if warner gets pushed out due to his sandpaper comments and gets replaced by Bancroft lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back