Warnock

Remove this Banner Ad

Faizza

Senior List
Oct 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't normally post, i'm usually just a reader on these forums but i have to see whether i'm the only one with these feelings.

Not basing this just on tonights game as i thought most of the team played pretty ordinary however Warnock over the past 3 rounds i have found to be quite useless out there. Not trying to bag him i just don't think he brings anything to the table that Carlton needs. Yes he is tall but that is about it.

I've noticed he is quite lazy be it not chasing, not running to position and instead of leading, standing flat footed pointing to the stars. Its the simple things we are taught in junior footy that he is not doing.

I understand he missed a whole season last year but come on, these are the basics. I would like to see Ratts give Hampson or even Jacobs a go as i think Hampson especially has more of a future at this club.

Once again not basing it on just tonights game, i just find him very lazy.

I think more rusty and lacking confidence than anything else... but trying to palm the ball down when he had the front position was just painful... turnover goal... ****

go for the ****ing mark and force them to try and spoil you and win the ball back... dont just hand the ****ing thing to them on a plate...

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

He's played very little football over the last two years and really has only played some 25 matches of AFL football.

Still learning though no doubt at the moment is struggling. Covers ground well enough but has no presence at all and can't mark to save himself.

Needs a run in the twos. Let him refine his ruck work and body positioning and hopefully learn to impose himself and be more involved around the ground.

I'd bring in Hampson, who impressed me last year with his speed and attack on the footy. Very fast for a big man which makes him very good defensively and I think of all our ruckmen he provides the most when up forward.

Unfortunately he appears to be injured at the moment so I'd bring in Sauce for Warnock. Sauce might lack skill and polish but he has more presence in a contest and is a better tap ruckman at this stage.

looked like a player who hasn't played for a number of seasons.

Looked a bit soft at times, needs to use his size. He's 140 ft 12, take a mark...not hard just stand up and put your hands up no one will come near it.

Thought he worked incredibly hard at the stopages, diving and tackling everything.

Will no doubt get better, don't think he'll ever be a super star, but he looks like he'll be a solid contributor for many more years to come.

****ing useless... card me if u want too, but he is and hampson is the goto man... u can possibly put walker in that box too... i am a member and it just so happens i travel heaps and got back friday for 6 days and this was the only game i get to see live til rd 12, and last night watching that s**t made me depressed!! how boring was it?? not one really looked interested in winning... its going to be a long season if we play like that all year:mad:

When you are nearly 7ft and have front position why would you not @ least try and mark?????

Answer: He was having a moment of fear.

Warnock Shits Me

Contesting centre bounces is his only trick

That one hand marking attempt last night was terrible

It's Kane Ackland all over again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warnock to Bullants and bring back Hampson.

Hampson is injured at the moment. Didn't play at all yesterday for the Bullants. But Warnock will take a little time - he has missed so much senior footy that perhaps a few games with Ants is what he needs to get his confidence up.

I like bringing Jacobs in. But it'd be intersting if they bring him at the expense of Warnock. Against Adelaide whose ruck stocks aren't great, you might want Warnock in there so he could monster Maric.

Hampson is injured at the moment. Didn't play at all yesterday for the Bullants. But Warnock will take a little time - he has missed so much senior footy that perhaps a few games with Ants is what he needs to get his confidence up.

I would agree a stint with Bullants wouldn't hurt 206 at this stage. He has missed so much football & work on the training track, that I think he needs to go back to the VFL to get some match conditioning, as well as some confidence. He has shown small glimpses of what he is capable of, so I wouldn't be writing him off, or comparing him to Ackland & McLaren, just yet. It was only 3-4 years ago that most people were writing Aaron Sandilands off as being a giant with little skill, ability or heart. I blame the invention of the microwave oven for this societal expectation that things be ready almost immediately.

We always thought Warnock was lazy, but it's a fact that the huge 200+cm ruckmen take time to develop.
(this i think was Freo's logic in picking up Kepler Bradley:rolleyes:)
Sandilands only started to stick marks last year, at age 26, and he still drops a lot that he should take.
Sandi has 123 games experience, and for a long time centre-bounce taps were all he was good for, and it has been well documented that his taps rarely went to advantage back then.
Freo put a few pre-seasons into Warnock, and 25 games experience, but it'll take a while yet before he steps up IMHO.

Personally, I'm pissed that Warnock left us. His height and agility are enormous attributes and given a few years on the park I reckon he'll be a gun :thumbsu:.

get him to the 2s and get him to work on his marking and being abit more imposing in pack situations. Definitely dosnt get involved enough.

In saying that, not many opportunities against essendon when it came to marks, in general our disposals sucked.

Really want to see Hampson back.

I like Hampson, but it's a laugh if you think Hammer is going to take the marks you're bagging Warnock for dropping.

Even Kreuzer was failing to hold his marks last night.

Warnock hasn't even had a full pre-season, so he's clearly short of a run.

And Carlton can't be blamed for a building falling on the guy's foot and shoulder after he walked in the door. :p

Warnock wasn't any poorer than Leuenberger last week.

Warnock will be OK. He's no Ackland. Should go back to the ants for a few weeks and find some form.

Bring in Sauce. His time to shine.

Does anyone know what is Hampson's injury. He's not listed as injured anywhere and I was wondering why he wasn't playing for the Ants' game yesterday.

Warnock has shown enough for Carlton to persist with. If we drop him, Hampson and Sauce will come in and do nothing - maybe they'll play one good game out of 5.

Warnock has huge upside and we should show faith. Warnock is coming back from LTI. Stack that up against Sauce and Hammer who dont have the same excuse - just ave/poor players...then Warnock is ahead for the time being!

Maybe sauce is worth a game but Hammer cant mark and has little game sense (a common problem with a few teammates). If it was the 100 metres sprint, i's say bring Hammer in but its not.

Persist with Warnock until round 11 unless he really drops his head. Sauce next crack at the title. Send Hammer to the AFL youth acedamy to learn the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back