Game Day WB v West Coast Rd 23 - the Ennui Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 23. This always used to be the final round but thanks to AFL marketing (Gather Round) we have another game to endure next week. And it's at Kat Park. Thanks, AFL.
It's starting to feel like this mostly joyless season is already too long.

So what is par today against the weakest West Coast side in history? What would be enough to satisfy us out-of-sorts Dogs fans? What would shift us from high dudgeon to low dudgeon? Heck I might even settle for medium dudgeon at this stage.

Would a 5 goal win be enough? Or does it need to be ten? Would a 3 vote performance from the Bont be enough of a sweetener?
Do we need the extra percentage after the Giants' joyride against the Bombers yesterday?

Dog forbid we actually lose the game. Heads would explode. The VUWO redevelopment would be reduced to a smouldering ruin.

I'll be following the game from time to time but can't really be bothered watching any more.

Go Dogs ... I suppose.

Western Bulldogs v West Coast Eagles

Sunday 20 August, 1.10pm AEST
Marvel Stadium

B: Alex Keath, Liam Jones, Taylor Duryea
HB: Bailey Dale, James O’Donnell, Ed Richards
C: Jack Macrae, Bailey Smith, Bailey Williams
HF: Cody Weightman, Aaron Naughton, Caleb Daniel
F: Rory Lobb, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Rhylee West
R: Tim English, Adam Treloar, Marcus Bontempelli

Int: Caleb Poulter, Laitham Vandermeer, Anthony Scott, Oskar Baker

This is one of the strangest games I can remember in two decades of following the club .

We’re playing a state league side , seemingly on the verge of sacking their coach . Word is that the Eagles hierarchy would be furious if he even tried to win & gave up the coveted number one pick .

The Bulldogs are in a state of flux. Anything other than a massive win would be seen as failure , but supporters can’t but feel that the match is kayfabe (look it up)

I’ll dip in and out on the radio today .

I am really struggling to get up for this one. That is all.
There’s going to be nothing enjoyable about this game.

We win by 10+ goals and I won’t enjoy it because it should be expected against a diabolical team and will paper over the very evident cracks.

We don’t win by 10+ goals and it means we have some very serious immediate issues.

Can't say I am excited at all. We should win and win well against a state league side.

Just do not trust this playing and coaching group to progress anywhere after this. Too consistent in throwing away opportunities in ways that are eerily familiar with no apparent adjustments.

Always like to see us win and play finals, this does not change, but there is no trust with the group this season

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't say I am excited at all. We should win and win well against a state league side.

Just do not trust this playing and coaching group to progress anywhere after this. Too consistent in throwing away opportunities in ways that are eerily familiar with no apparent adjustments.

Always like to see us win and play finals, this does not change, but there is no trust with the group this season

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
This bit especially

Last time out v West Coast we won by 101 points, and that was in Perth.

Though of course that was so long ago, Anthony Albanese had only been PM for a week, the Queen was still alive, and we’ve somehow managed to play Hawks, Freo and GWS 4 times each since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're playing the last quarter of Round 1 2015 at the ground. Bevo's first match as coach. Memories of a year of low expectations and good results!

Hoping to see Smith play 100% Mid time, hard tag on Tim Kelly need to see him get some Grunt and natural flow back.

After over five years, I am here. A bit tired but roaring to go. 1990 scarf on and lucky Chicago Cubs cap on my head.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fur, fleece or polyprop?
Never anything that used to lead a life.

I opted for warm coat. 1st mistake. It's quite warm here at footscray station. Plenty free tickets given out by the looks of it

Gee whiz guys so many misery guts on here.

Imagine if we barracked for Essendon.

Forgo the beers while you are watching the game today in exchange for a tall glass of concrete to harden the %$@& up!
Just telling it like it is.
Would you rather we fibbed and pretended we were enjoying the season?

Never anything that used to lead a life.

I opted for warm coat. 1st mistake. It's quite warm here at footscray station. Plenty free tickets given out by the looks of it
Figure hugging or loose? Waist or full length?

A discussion about your wardrobe choices is likely to be the most interesting thing that happens on here all day.

Are you wearing shoes? If so, dress shoes, runners, steel caps or flip flops? Rubber, synthetic, leather or alligator?

Hat? Cap, beanie or beret and if it's a beret is it raspberry?

Adorning jewellery and bling?

Glasses? Designer, prescription or $2 shop?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back