We are mending, agree?

Remove this Banner Ad

nobulltiger

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Recent games have shown signs of our 2013 form returning, not all there for 4 quarters but it's coming back.

I expect us to finish out the year beating the teams we would naturally be expected to win against, and pull off at least one upset against a lower top 8 or contending for 8 side.

I'd expect us to have one hell of an off season, will be optimistic here saying we will do better than 2013 next year.

Cheers to optimsticism.

Next year. They really should try and incorporate those words into our theme song somehow.

We could also steal a line from that Green Day song 'Wake me up when September ends' :(:)

Recent games have shown signs of our 2013 form returning, not all there for 4 quarters but it's coming back.

I expect us to finish out the year beating the teams we would naturally be expected to win against, and pull off at least one upset against a lower top 8 or contending for 8 side.

I'd expect us to have one hell of an off season, will be optimistic here saying we will do better than 2013 next year.

Cheers to optimsticism.
Who are you and what have you done with the real nobulltiger ?

Expecting us to hit full form next week after we've already lost 10 games and the pressure is off. Our team can play, we just haven't dealt mentally with the pressure of expectation. So once finals are mathematically gone, I expect us to release the shackles and play excellent footy.

I really liked what Dimma finally said on SEN interview this week.
Along the lines of we concentrated on certain areas of our gameplan (didnt change gameplan just tried to improve certain aspects) preseason which took away from other areas which is the reason why we started so poorly.

Shame it took them until the round 8 bye review to realize what the problem was, but hey, at least they think they've nailed the problem.

Gives me hope we can get back to where we were at the end of last season, and continue from there, knowing we wont make the same mistake at the start of next season.

Cheers to optimsticism.

Sorry nobull.....I just cant do it any more. I am spent. I have always held on to the "next year" philosophy. It is what has kept me going all these years. While I hope you are right I just cant invest any more emotion at this point. I have been pushed passed the tipping point and unfortunately there is a great big massive fat bloke at the other end of my see-saw that just wont let me get back up

Sorry nobull.....I just cant do it any more. I am spent. I have always held on to the "next year" philosophy. It is what has kept me going all these years. While I hope you are right I just cant invest any more emotion at this point. I have been pushed passed the tipping point and unfortunately there is a great big massive fat bloke at the other end of my see-saw that just wont let me get back up

Um, the big fat bloke actually wouldn't be letting you get back down. But anyway.

I'm having faith in next year if the team can be competitive and improve for the rest of this year.

If next year is a fail, for sure I'm gonna completely put my feet up on being optimistic as I am now.

Um, the big fat bloke actually wouldn't be letting you get back down. But anyway.

I'm having faith in next year if the team can be competitive and improve for the rest of this year.

If next year is a fail, for sure I'm gonna completely put my feet up on being optimistic as I am now.

Good Point....must mean I am the big fat bloke.....That's even more depressing

Yeah-ish.

We have been on form and then totally cold all year. Only played one really solid game against a set of witches hats at GWS. (Loved that game, glad I went). So I suspect we are going to play well and crap against teh Swans, and lose. But hopefully aftert hat we can turn it on against lower teams and work on next year's season with an early tough pre-season starting about now. Play some youngsters, work on the game plan and individual players weaknesses, give certain guys responsibility they wouldn't normally get etc.

Along the lines of we concentrated on certain areas of our gameplan (didnt change gameplan just tried to improve certain aspects) preseason which took away from other areas which is the reason why we started so poorly.

Shame it took them until the round 8 bye review to realize what the problem was, but hey, at least they think they've nailed the problem.

Gives me hope we can get back to where we were at the end of last season, and continue from there, knowing we wont make the same mistake at the start of next season.
It's round14 and we are still playing a man down unless there is a late change tonight. Yeah it's a positive we competed against Freo but the fact is we all know we can play better football than that . This year has been a total disaster , for me I think it's worse when the club has provided the coaching staff with everything the other dud coaches never had.
You can't mend this season it's been an absolute joke and the fact we will not be playing finals this year is an absolute blight on the coaching staff IMO .
I never thought we'd be top 4 this year but we have the list to cruise into the final 8 this year comfortably especially with the crap Carlton , Essendon and Norf the teams we were always going to be up against to make finals have rolled out this year.

Unacceptable I just hope we have our FREO Ross Lyon moment in the coming months and we mend into someone that knows what they are doing. Happy for Dimma to stay on as backline coach so we are not throwing money away. If he doesn't like it then he quits and he gets a little not a lot . It's just so sad because he's such a lovely guy but he can't pick a team and he can't coach on match days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's round14 and we are still playing a man down unless there is a late change tonight. Yeah it's a positive we competed against Freo but the fact is we all know we can play better football than that . This year has been a total disaster , for me I think it's worse when the club has provided the coaching staff with everything the other dud coaches never had.
You can't mend this season it's been an absolute joke and the fact we will not be playing finals this year is an absolute blight on the coaching staff IMO .
I never thought we'd be top 4 this year but we have the list to cruise into the final 8 this year comfortably especially with the crap Carlton , Essendon and Norf the teams we were always going to be up against to make finals have rolled out this year.

Unacceptable I just hope we have our FREO Ross Lyon moment in the coming months and we mend into someone that knows what they are doing. Happy for Dimma to stay on as backline coach so we are not throwing money away. If he doesn't like it then he quits and he gets a little not a lot . It's just so sad because he's such a lovely guy but he can't pick a team and he can't coach on match days.

Im satisfied for now that they know what the problem is and are working hard to not so much fix our season, but fix our game as a whole back to the level of last season.
I've said since the 3 or 4th game that our season was shot and Dimma had dropped the ball big time.
He has admitted now that he screwed up the preseason so now Im happy to back him to fix things and not let this happen at the start of next season.
If we come out in March 2015 playing static football without any intent like the start of this season he's a goner!

:thumbsu: Let's ******* hope so. 3 wins for a season could leave some scars.

1 good quarter against Essendon
2 good quarters against North
3 good quarters against Freo
4 good quarters against Swans???

Been thinking the same thing, although I'd say zero good quarters against Essendon. I sincerely hope that was the rock bottom game, because although it was the worst performance I have seen out of the Tiges in quite some time, we all know it can get worse. Geelong, 2007, anyone?

There were glimpses against North and Freo, IMO, that were better footy than I've seen out of the Tigers this year. That includes the wins against the Cheats, Lions and GWS. You can play dreadful footy and still beat bottom 4 teams.

Oh, dear! Nothing wrong with being optimistic, especially if you barrack for Richmond.

But to beleive the bullshit that Dimma comes up with is over the top in my humble opinion. Great guy, all of that, but nothing he has done or said would convince me that he knows anywhere near enough about coaching to be a senior coach. Not in the AFL anyway. Assistant, yes, but his match day coaching, selection policies and choice of assistants just don't cut it.

Oh, dear! Nothing wrong with being optimistic, especially if you barrack for Richmond.

But to beleive the bullshit that Dimma comes up with is over the top in my humble opinion. Great guy, all of that, but nothing he has done or said would convince me that he knows anywhere near enough about coaching to be a senior coach. Not in the AFL anyway. Assistant, yes, but his match day coaching, selection policies and choice of assistants just don't cut it.
And if you listened to the SEN interview you could have been mistaken for thinking the interview was with TW, speaking through a filter.
Too much spin & PR for my liking!

I like the optimism in this thread, but, it still won't stop me dick punching myself tonight was we get rolled by 15 goals.

I like the optimism in this thread, but, it still won't stop me dick punching myself tonight was we get rolled by 15 goals.

That sounds painful. Why would you do that to yourself?

OUCH !! babie very OUCH !!!
If we get rolled by 15 won't that be enough pain for the evening Cap't ??

OUCH !! babie very OUCH !!!
If we get rolled by 15 won't that be enough pain for the evening Cap't ??

Currently drinking to medicate. It will hurt less.

Cheers to optimsticism.
Feel free to shoot me down, but I hope we don't turn it around, finish bottom four, and dimmwit gets the flick.

I'm not going to sit through this shite in 2015, because it will be another directionless season wasted under Hardwick.

We need a mini rebuild, starting this preseason, and it wont happen under Hardwicks tenure, the deluded fools are talking about some bullshit warchest.. Its the complete wrong way to go, unless they after a superstar like Fyfe, but he wont come to us in a million years..

Feel free to shoot me down, but I hope we don't turn it around, finish bottom four, and dimmwit gets the flick.

I'm not going to sit through this shite in 2015, because it will be another directionless season wasted under Hardwick.

We need a mini rebuild, starting this preseason, and it wont happen under Hardwicks tenure, the deluded fools are talking about some bullshit warchest.. Its the complete wrong way to go, unless they after a superstar like Fyfe, but he wont come to us in a million years..

Unfortunately, that is the reality of where we are. When stars have a choice they 'normally' choose a club with prospects. Its why Judd sais thanks but no thanks without even a meeting when he was deciding on a club.
When you have a star thinking about where he is going to go next year and they listen to a coach say he just doesn't have the answers for half a season it would certainly make you raise your eyebrows if that said club came knocking on your door.....wouldn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back