"We can't wait to tell our side of the story!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

To be honest I'm not sure what it will tell us. All it will be is what we've heard already, they did nothing wrong, it was a witch hunt etc, I'm not sure what else Essendon would need to add. I'd like to hear more from ASADA and the AFL as to what they actually did uncover and why it wasn't enough to find them guilty.

To be honest I'm not sure what it will tell us. All it will be is what we've heard already, they did nothing wrong, it was a witch hunt etc, I'm not sure what else Essendon would need to add. I'd like to hear more from ASADA and the AFL as to what they actually did uncover and why it wasn't enough to find them guilty.
insufficient evidence... one day

pretty sure you'll get your wish

C'mon Lance - you can't believe that

No chance in hell the evidence is released.

Hird spent a million dollars trying to bury the evidence - do you think he will now petition the players to release it all?

As it stands - a finding of not guilty is all we know.

That is the best case outcome for all of this

The text transcripts et al don't paint a great picture

I'll tell you mine:

I'm a young tradie with a ute, a wife and a kid. Some campaigner rams into the back of my ute and nearly writes it off and pisses off. I report it. The cops tell me they are on to it. They find the car. It turns it was reported stolen an hour after the hit run. A friend was using it and he noticed it was gone. That's the story they give the cops. The owner had a record as a drunk driver. The cops pressured both blokes and the friend was close to cracking, but never did, and the owner was a smart arse type, "Prove it. Yeah, ya can't!" I was told all this by the cops. Bad luck, they said. I'm sure (and this is going back a way) that my insurance paid for it and I got slugged with the premium the next year.

Yep, "Prove it. Yeah, ya can't!"

C'mon Lance - you can't believe that

No chance in hell the evidence is released.

Hird spent a million dollars trying to bury the evidence - do you think he will now petition the players to release it all?

As it stands - a finding of not guilty is all we know.

That is the best case outcome for all of this

The text transcripts et al don't paint a great picture
you mean the texts that were presented out of sequence and out of context? Yeah right.

pretty sure you'll get your wish

Very difficult to imagine a club that destroyed as much evidence as they could then (spent $millions suppressing as much else as they could) releasing any information now.

Aint gonna happen.

EFC were up to no good - but in the absence of specific evidence got off.

They were found not guilty of any specific player being injected with TB4.

Is this because the tribunal knew some players were injected with TB4 but can't prove which ones?

If this is the case there is absolutely no way this info will see the public eyes!!!

you mean the texts that were presented out of sequence and out of context? Yeah right.

I'm a believer that context is everything

I simply don't believe the club and Hird would spend significant money burying the investigation - only to let it freely be disseminated afterwards.

That simply isn't logical.

Zero chance of that happening. Will be hidden behind the cloak of protecting players.

Have to wait for one of the players to retire and write a book.
Kyle Reimers come on down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EFC players were found not guilty of 1 specific charge.

This does not make them "innocent".

Sadly they will be seen as drug cheats that "got away with it" until evidence is made public that proves otherwise.

Yep there's absolutely no excuses now - we need a full and frank account of what happened at the club in 2012, and how it is that they are still unable to tell us exactly what substances were given to the players. As I've said all along, the real crime in all this was a football club injecting its players with unknown substances - the fact that an banned substance may have been among them was always a sideshow. The fact that one of their players is having to take the club to court to gain access to his own medical records gives you a pretty good indication of how wrong things were down there.

I think the AFL, and the football public at large, now have the right to demand a full account without the club hiding behind its lawyers. The evidence presented to the tribunal by ASADA should be released as a starting point, and the football department should be prepared to provide an explanation for all the evidence contained there. The club should not simply be able to wash its hands of this mess and to rest content with the finding of "insufficient evidence". Now that the players are safe, they should start tearing the place apart to find out exactly what was going on. The EFC members, for example, should now be demanding of everyone still at the club from 2012 - including the coach - to explain exactly what they knew about the program, what their responsibilities were, and how these may have been neglected during the course of the program. The club has suffered a lot during the last 2 years purely because of the lack of governance at the club in 2012, and I would like to think the members would be interested in posing some pretty pointed questions to the club about how exactly it ended up in such a compromised position, and where the ultimate responsibility lay.

From ASADA's side, I would like a full explanation as to why the use of AOD-9604 wasn't prosecuted and what kind of advice they gave to the club about its status.

I'd love to know how Essendon can be sure that nothing 'illegal' was injected into players when they don't know exactly what drugs were used.

I'd love to know what the financials for the AOD project were all about.

I'd love to know why ASADA were so confident of making their case stick.

However, I am consigned to the fact that none of these questions will ever be answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back