Bumped We don't play footy to lose - autopsy vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the effects of a win on the playing group are over stated, but at the same time f off if you're just going to whine about us not adding to that egregious consecutive loss record.

It's not like our pick vanishes, we still have pick 2 who will be a great prospect.
We still might end up with pick 1 if WC can win (Simmo exiting WC like a ******* boss).
Even if the season ends with us second last we might still get "the best rated draft prospect in years!!" anyway.

Anyway... multiple records broken today, and POSITIVE ones for a change.

Go Roos!

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

Lazzaro played his first game in his preferred position, best game by a mile.

Phillips had a wonderful first half, endurance let him down but that will build.

Powell looked like the Cunnington/Pendels-type, slow it all down and dispose cleanly.

Xerri did his job in the ruck, no issues with him and Goldy going into next year.

Ford and Goater are athletic beasts and both looking like footballers, so glad they’re ours.

Larkey the in form AA key forward and looking like a club Captain, sticky hands and kicking straight, fantastic work rate all day.

Scott just runs and runs and runs, excellent game.

PC had a great game and his field kicking was excellent, build that tank son please you’ll be a magnificent medium forward.

Sheezel is a magician, will win the BnF and get the AA40 nod, best first year player I’ve seen,

Dawson looked pretty great didn’t he!? He can play next year no doubt.

TT should have his eyes on being the most damaging player at the club next year, well within his grasp and if we fly up the ladder with him at the helm, his dreams of being a superstar of the AFL is as well.

Clarko’s system has started to show through, and we’ve got some boys who are going to be ready to run it next year.

Wonderful way to end the year, no need to worry about #1, there are plenty of avenues to Reid, and other elite talents.

Kill to have been in the rooms post-game, enjoy it boys and i hope a few of you enjoyed it at home as much as I have.

Lets go get ‘em in ‘24 fellas!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can‘t believe some of you lot are disappointed or even ambivalent about a win.

What the * do you watch this sport for if not wins? Good draft picks every year? You’ve had that for 4-5 years, maybe I’m just not some nerd who loves to toil over draft points, rules, percentages and who’s liking who’s instagrams but sounds like a crock of boring ass s**t.

Winning feels better, and this team needed it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back