Universal Love We Fly As One..............Into The Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Doggies win so looks like Tigers beating North next week is our best chance of a home final now if we manage to hold up our end of the deal

Docklands is a s**t hole. I hate the place.

MCG is the second best stadium in Australia. After AO. Not a parochial statement, have been to the G four times since AO was redeveloped and felt the facilities, atmosphere and viewing are far better at AO.
I've attended the MCG once, in 2012, and felt that the cleanliness, facilities and viewing weren't that flash. To be fair, I was sitting behind the goals on Level 1 of the Great Southern Stand. I like the colosseum feel and the history of the ground. AO is a dime piece - that Brisbane supporter who said Spotless and Etihad are better must be legally blind.

MCG is great when its nearly full. I have been to 3 Anzac Day games and a GF there.

Have also been to games against low drawing teams there. Completely different experience. Much easier to get food and drinks then tho!

MCG is a fantastic venue, and I really rate Docklands too -

Only been to AFL @ Adelaide Oval once and it was Rnd 3 against Melbourne this year and I got soaked on the hill and caught a bad cold and an ear infection for the flight home - Not the best introduction....

anyone who complains about Docklands Stadium is a spoilt moron

Viewing is definitely better at AO than the MCG. I was sitting by the 50m line in last years prelim towards the back on the ground level. As soon as the footy came anywhere near that place or a goal was scored, people would stand up and you couldn't see a thing. I've sat in the pockets at AO in a similar spot and had no problems whatsoever. Far better angled seats here and you feel far more on top of the action:thumbsu:.
The angle of the seating bowl is very important, hence one of the problems with Waverley Park and Footy Park. The upper tiers of AO have a great angle whereby you feel 'on top of the action'. The other thing that shits me is lack of cleanlines - it's a sports facility, not a pigsty.

We need a Crows final at Adelaide Oval!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back