Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2003
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ferrari
So guys.... how do we think he will go?

I guess my hope for him is that he can finish in the points and steal some podium finishes... what are yours?

Is he capable of actually winning a race?

A lot of people in F1 believe that he can become the champion, so I guess the answer is yes if you agree with people like Stoddard.
Webber has the ability to work with the engineers to improve the cars performance, he's also very focused and calm under pressure, all qualities needed to become the best. Unfortunately for him, and the rest of the teams, the Ferrari's are that far ahead of the rest of the field there is no contest.

I'd be disappointed if he didn't consistently finish in the top 6. I can't see him competing with the Ferrari's, but he should be aiming at challenging the Renault's and Maclaren's.
Everyone else are just making up the numbers imo.

I believe he can win at least one race, he's been putting down some impressive times in testing and the Williams garage seems to be right behind him which is what you need just to challenge to win races let alone the title. I think he will score at least 5 podiums and finish in the top 4 of the Championship. If he can do that then I think he's had a good start to his Williams career given where the team was last season.

It all depends on the car Williams provide him with. I expect Ferarri to be far superior to everyone again, especially as they haven't comitted to limited testing during the season.

With only a single set of tyres for both qualifying and race the good drivers should come into their own at the end. This is where Mark is advantaged, he is very smooth and could conserve rubber. I believe this will advantage Schumi more, but drivers like Sato drive the car far too hard and will be cactus by race end.

What is the penalty if they replace an engine inside two races? Is it the same as last year (ie drop 10 places on the starting grid).

Should be able to get a win this year, but will be difficult to get on the podium regularly as Ferarri, BAR and McLaren will be very strong also.

Can't wait... bring it on!

All depends on the car Williams give him- Ferrarri won't be beaten, Williams will be fighting behind McLaren and BAR for second place.

Bombers_Forever said:
All depends on the car Williams give him- Ferrarri won't be beaten, Williams will be fighting behind McLaren and BAR for second place.

Don't forget Renault, they have easily been the most successful of the 'new' teams and they've had a great history in racing. I can see them being number one if Ferrari ever drop the ball.

webber is a racers racer, and with the single tyre this year will c this come to the fore...

all the good drivers will end up at the pointy end of field and webber is in that class...

williams obviously believe that mark is the man and with a half decent car under him i reckon he will give those red machines a run for their money starting with melb.........vroommmm

Snickers said:
Button will win the championship.
BAR don't have the car for him to achieve that. A driver's success these days is more down to the strength and budger of the team as opposed to their raw ability. It is simply not a level playing field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back