List Mgmt. Welcome Brady Hough (Pick 31, 2021 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Still a long ways to go, but just pointing it out.

He doesn’t have any name recognition at the moment in broader AFL media, his performances have gone under the radar, partly because we are so bad.

Even with his job on Greene we got done by 10+ goals. Hard to talk up a young defender in a team that gets pumped week in and week out, even if he is performing his role well.

Looks like he'll be our next Shep. We sorely need lockdown medium/small defenders and Hough's job against Greene, Weighman and Papley showed that he's the one who can do it.

Bear in mind, we're getting pumped and yet he still shuts down his man despite the lack of pressure upfield and the oppo constant entries. He's taller as well so he can also keep up against those smaller medium type forwards like J.Elliot in the air and he's show that he can keep up against those crafty forwards. I'm excited to see how he does against those speedsters like Bolton, Charlie Cameron and such.

Looks like he'll be our next Shep. We sorely need lockdown medium/small defenders and Hough's job against Greene, Weighman and Papley showed that he's the one who can do it.

Bear in mind, we're getting pumped and yet he still shuts down his man despite the lack of pressure upfield and the oppo constant entries. He's taller as well so he can also keep up against those smaller medium type forwards like J.Elliot in the air and he's show that he can keep up against those crafty forwards. I'm excited to see how he does against those speedsters like Bolton, Charlie Cameron and such.
He had Cameron’s measure last year IIRC.

Looks like he'll be our next Shep.

Shep looked hopeless when he started, a regular whipping boy, thank fk we stuck with him.

I mention this for 2 reasons:

1) Hough is playing brilliantly, not just for a young kid.

2) In time, hopefully 20-year old Chesser can win over the haters like Shep did.

Shep looked hopeless when he started, a regular whipping boy, thank fk we stuck with him.

I mention this for 2 reasons:

1) Hough is playing brilliantly, not just for a young kid.

2) In time, hopefully 20-year old Chesser can win over the haters like Shep did.

Looks like we've recognised Hough's best position much quicker than we did with Sheppard.

Looks like we've recognised Hough's best position much quicker than we did with Sheppard.
If he’s a fraction as good as Shepp we’re doing well. Admittedly I’m totally biased towards Shepp - of the three who missed the flag I felt sorriest for Shepp - consistent, effective, courageous and generally underrated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back