List Mgmt. Welcome Clay Hall (Pick 38, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

His face looks a lot like Oscar Allen.

Very confident young man, comes across strong and sure of himself - knows his place is in the footy world.
Speaks very well, no ummnns or eerrrs at all. Reckon he will be a great addition to our midfield. Suddenly, it's looking top-notch, just need to get time into these kids.

Love the fact that he's lowkey pissed he didn't get taken in the first round.

Will hopefully spur him to really stick it up the rest of the league when he gets his shot.

Speaks well but more than anything - gives me the vibes of being pretty boring. Not cliche or lacking genuineness - quite the opposite, but just seems like the type who's happy to play a role and not make the highlights reel - both on the field and not being the type that has to be life of the party etc.

Which is excellent. Reid/Ginbey/Hewitt all look to have different high-energy personalities, stars of the show etc. Need those Stenglein types around them that are good players in their own right but are happy if they've just stood in someone's way, or dummy led to free up Reid.

His highlights don't necessarily match that per se (was in the role of main mid in the champs) but just gives me the vibes of team player.

Like Ginbey he will get every ounce out of his talent. Is also an absolute team player and will look out for anyone and lead on the field. An absolute leader.

He interviewed better than any other player I've had the pleasure to in the last two years.

I had him 17th on talent but number 1 for leadership and hardness in the draft pool.

He was my pick for 31, for reasons I can't disclose we lost that pick. He was 100% going the pick after we drafted him.

I can't reiterate how happy I am to have Clay on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It means he can't disclose why the club he's working for didn't have the pick, and that Essendon would've taken him if we didn't trade up?

I'm fairly sure Phil was working with Dodoro. Didn't they give up pick 31 to move one spot in the first round?

So there must have been a reason they coughed up to jump one spot which can't be revealed, and it's been confirmed again if we didn't trade up Hall was going to be a Bomber.

I'm fairly sure Phil was working with Dodoro. Didn't they give up pick 31 to move one spot in the first round?

So there must have been a reason they coughed up to jump one spot which can't be revealed, and it's been confirmed again if we didn't trade up Hall was going to be a Bomber.
Sounds about right.

So basically Phil was busy banging his head on the wall while Dodoro was fist pumping jumping Geelong to pick the player the Cats weren't going to select

So basically Phil was busy banging his head on the wall while Dodoro was fist pumping jumping Geelong to pick the player the Cats weren't going to select

Yep! Despite that, we didn't take Hall at 30 so Phil would've momentarily had hope once more, before ROB swept the pie crumbs off his jeans and orchestrated a deal to leapfrog the Bombers and snare the best inside mid in the draft.

I'm fairly sure Phil was working with Dodoro.
Season 3 Hospital GIF by The Simpsons

Isn’t the reason the Bombers gave up pick 31 to the Cats was because they wanted to make sure they got Caddy? How much else could there be to it?!

I hope they learnt the lesson with Ainsworth. He too was a big body WA accumaltator midfielder who got all Australian honour in his draft year.

Do the opposite of what we did to Ainsworth when it comes to hall development

Isn’t the reason the Bombers gave up pick 31 to the Cats was because they wanted to make sure they got Caddy? How much else could there be to it?!

Correct but that move is a story within itself.

IMO O’Sullivan will be a better player than Caddy, but the Dodo 🦤 Bird had a hard on for Caddy and we all know that he likes to be too clever by half and the opportunity to appear to outsmart Wells, was a temptation just to great for him to resist.

Like Ginbey he will get every ounce out of his talent. Is also an absolute team player and will look out for anyone and lead on the field. An absolute leader.

He interviewed better than any other player I've had the pleasure to in the last two years.

I had him 17th on talent but number 1 for leadership and hardness in the draft pool.

He was my pick for 31, for reasons I can't disclose we lost that pick. He was 100% going the pick after we drafted him.

I can't reiterate how happy I am to have Clay on the list.

Is he 2nd to the ball?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back