News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

As I posted in your rumour thread the other day, no idea why you guys have chased Hampson, regardless of your needs.

Poor kick, absolutely cannot mark, and has lost his speed and leap since doing his PCL. As others have said tho, there probably won't be much around by pick 30 anyway. Bit of a nothing trade, but at least a trade got done!
You were't a Port supporter last year(2012) were you?

I'm pretty sure that is spot on.... well sort of anyway. We traded the Tambling compo pick to the gold coast for their nathan bock compo and pick 26 in that year. We drafted Todd Elton with pick 26. We then used the compo pick on McIntosh the next year as you said. Then we used our 2nd pick (33) on McBean...
My bad, this is right!

Only took up football when he was 16, the potential is huge.

Sounds like the sort of thing that would have been posted on the Carlton board years ago.

Potential is a dirty word. If the bloke can't learn the basics of footy after all those years at a profesional football club he never will. Shaun is very lucky to have been born tall and athletic.

Sounds like the sort of thing that would have been posted on the Carlton board years ago.

Potential is a dirty word. If the bloke can't learn the basics of footy after all those years at a profesional football club he never will. Shaun is very lucky to have been born tall and athletic.

Just ask Mr. Potential Jarrod Waite!

just hope the Carlton poster was wrong when he said Hampson lost his speed and leap after his PCL otherwise we were f... over on the trade.

Anyway TV can't play CHF and permanent forward so it is not McBean V TV.It might be Maric v Hampson for starters and then maybe McBean v TV v Hampson for Ruck/forward spots.

Or it might be Griffiths v TV v Hampson .

McBean might end up with more ability and run his own race-early days

Well clearly the club think he can play as a permanent fwd and frankly I think he is better as a fwd than ruck. I also think we don't play a traditional CHF anyway so that makes it harder. It all comes down to team balance so this is why I said tv v sh. On hampson we did a medical, like all clubs do, and he passed it so I wouldn't worry about his knee.

Last 3 years we have been into Shaun Hampson - Blair Hartley
2009 Port offer Carlton #9 for Shaun Hampson - Blair was at Port

Looks like Blair has been in love with Hampson for 4 years now

HF: Martin - Vickery - A.Edwards
FF: Hampson - Riewoldt - S.Edwards

Would Be Extremely Hard To Match up on this foward line

Where did you hear this? We don't hear much from blair and would be interested.

Well he was still listed as injured at seasons end so my point was how can one say that he has lost his leap and speed if he hadn't recovered yet.
Sorry, that was tongue in cheek. You stated Hampson did the knee in July, and asked when the Blues supporters expected him to be recovered and back to full fitness... my response of August was a p*55 take ;)

I'd imagine a good pre-season and he'll be over most of the lingering effects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on Bevan. Shave a CMs off his height and we would find him cut up next too a porterhouse steak.

You know you're onto a winner when his spouse is the biggest upside.

Maric, Vickery, McBean, Hampson...how can we fit them all in.

Hampson has never shown much. Too soft and nice for my liking and also a bit injury prone. For him to become successful he has to drop this pussy "Mr Gale" tag and become an aggressive and angry ruck man. Stop being a hand bag and grows some plums kid. You gotta start being The Man.

I think BH has pushed this "Moneyball" angle to the limit and it's time to start recruiting some genuine talent. I hope this one doesn't turn out to be a bust.

Sorry, that was tongue in cheek. You stated Hampson did the knee in July, and asked when the Blues supporters expected him to be recovered and back to full fitness... my response of August was a p*55 take ;)

I'd imagine a good pre-season and he'll be over most of the lingering effects.

ahhhhh...all good!:)

He'll end up better than Maric if his body holds up IMO. His 2012 was looking very good before injury (13 games, averaged 18.5 hitouts and kicked 15 goals while sharing duties with Kreuzer), and he's at just the right age to start hitting his prime. Some of the stuff he pulls of in the below video is ridiculous for a guy of his dimensions (4:59 :eek:)

Maric, Vickery, McBean, Hampson...how can we fit them all in.

Hampson has never shown much. Too soft and nice for my liking and also a bit injury prone. For him to become successful he has to drop this pussy "Mr Gale" tag and become an aggressive and angry ruck man. Stop being a hand bag and grows some plums kid. You gotta start being The Man.

I think BH has pushed this "Moneyball" angle to the limit and it's time to start recruiting some genuine talent. I hope this one doesn't turn out to be a bust.

If you mean recycles, at what cost? Surely not if you need to sell the farm for it to eventuate. I think there is a heap of improvement to come from within.

something we must consider though is that Vickery will likely take rucking duties in the forward 50 to give the other two a chop out... But that means he'll be rucking 80% of the time;)

As for the talk of supposedly paying overs for Hampson, here is the list of pick 28's for the last few years:
Tim obrien- hawks
Fraser mcinnes- west coast
Ryan lester- Brisbane
Mitch Duncan- cats
Shaun mckernan- crows
Marlon motlop- port

... Hardly anything to write home about.
Yes, it's possible that you can unearth a good player at this stage or even later in the draft but if the club thinks he's better than any player we're likely to get at that pick then it's a good pickup IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back