AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodoro was clearly laughing at the family's reaction. That Carlton supporter who thought Dodoro was laughing at his club was just a bit paranoid.

Was just about to post this. Are you people slow?

I do like Rogers face after they announce who they are going to select at Pick 19.

Dodoro was clearly laughing at the family's reaction. That Carlton supporter who thought Dodoro was laughing at his club was just a bit paranoid.
Of course he was, but it's fun to imagine he was laughing because we got Laverde and Carlton didn't take him.

These are all the games highlights in which Laverde played for Western Jets, wearing #9

When I get time I will post the exact time Laverde is in the highlights

Last edited:
Good pick. Slide or no slide he was rated inside the top 20. Good ball user, good mark, good enough pace. Good side step. Good pick .

Reminds me a LOT of Scott Pendlebury. I don't often say this but I think this kid is going to be something special.
If this is the pick we got from the Ryder deal, then I think we have just won.

Reminds me a LOT of Scott Pendlebury. I don't often say this but I think this kid is going to be something special.
If this is the pick we got from the Ryder deal, then I think we have just won.
He was our Supplements scandal pick, Langford was our Ryder pick.

Im hoping he is competing with the likes of J.Merrett and Gleeson for best 22 games next year in a full strength side if our mindset is speed which it seems to be with Hirdy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We obviously wanted both but had wind that carlton would probably take Langford if available

Never going to take either at the first 2 picks. Think that may have been somewhat obvious.
Whether Carlton's decisions were right or wrong is for another debate.

Laverde got to where he wanted to go and that may be up for discussion in years to come. We'll see.

Yes, Blaine Boekhorst :D
i-see-what-you-did-there-and-i-like-it.jpg

Just needs to grow his hair.

View attachment 97886
How well is he going to fill out. Hes probably going to be a big bodied inside midfielder.

Surely his quads (Maybe just the photo) are challenging Dysons in his first year.

Looks a great size does Laverde and looks to already be filling out with extra weights work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back