Delisted #34: Jake Long - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

definitely got at least a couple inches on the old man

B3vK9YpIUAEI4rr.jpg

I think you might be right there hollywood23.

Dodoro seriously rates Long. It's hard not to get a bit carried away listening to his presser. He certainly wasn't afraid to heap the expectation on the boy. The quote was something like "we are as confident in Jake as we are in the two we selected in the national draft". Basically dismissed him playing AFL as though it is a formality.

I wonder if Jake is part of the reason we seemed to be so flippant with draft selections this year. Cannot wait to get down to Windy Hill early next year to see these boys in action.

Gotta love that 12 week 'ankle' 'injury' that kept him out of the national championships.

I'm not basing this on any exposed form but there's a decent chance he would have been the NT's best player, given the side would have had a fair few of the boys from the flying boomerangs side he captained a couple of years back.

Wondering how much school footy Long played in 2015. Private schools are ruthless with their sporting teams and you need a broken leg to avoid playing.

We will have an idea of how far Jake can go in year 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you might be right there hollywood23.

Dodoro seriously rates Long. It's hard not to get a bit carried away listening to his presser. He certainly wasn't afraid to heap the expectation on the boy. The quote was something like "we are as confident in Jake as we are in the two we selected in the national draft". Basically dismissed him playing AFL as though it is a formality.

I wonder if Jake is part of the reason we seemed to be so flippant with draft selections this year. Cannot wait to get down to Windy Hill early next year to see these boys in action.
gotta say, if you of all people are excited so much about this then that makes me start to get pretty damn frisky too!

Can we get some official measurements? And perhaps a player bio now that we don't have to keep it all hush hush?

gotta say, if you of all people are excited so much about this then that makes me start to get pretty damn frisky too!

Is that you Bubbles?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Kavanagh and Long come good there may be a fair bit of complaining about then and Heppell all pushing their way to our club with some dodgyness.

It's all fine and dandy until the AFL stick their beaks in and start asking questions though. I'd hate to see us lose more draft picks for playing fast and lose with the players we want to draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back