Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that he believes we are a chance for a premiership next year, like you said. We get it you don’t like him. It’s more about making his own history my view.
Oh, he's making his own history alright 🤣

Would be easier with a full list. Having what 15 players AFL and 10 in the VFL out injured makes it near impossible. Remove the same players from Geel and Sydney they would struggle as well.
We know this, but as i said earlier he got on the wrong foot with selections and the senior players by not selecting the best 23.He rewarded mediocrity and a lot of the injuries came bc they rushed players back.

We are a rebuilding team and we have no team.

Let’s go back 18-months and remove from the rebuilding Hawks: Newcombe, Day and Worpel as a starting point. So their midfield would be : Ward, Maginness, Mackenzie …. basically a bunch of inexperienced kids. (This is before we throw in another half dozen injured starting 23 players).

Taking out gameplan or motivation or anything else, how would we expect the Hawks to be performing week to week?

It’s absolutely impossible to judge anything at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We know this, but as i said earlier he got on the wrong foot with selections and the senior players by not selecting the best 23.He rewarded mediocrity and a lot of the injuries came bc they rushed players back.
Tail wagging the dog

I sometimes wonder if Yze got the job more because of he knew what to say given he failed a few times rather than based off his actual coaching.
Highly rated at every club he has worked at. So unlikely.

Says he doesn't want to crack into players until gets to know everyone on a personal level

But on day 1 before speaking to anyone tears down all the premiership stuff off the walls without knowing how it would go down

Doesn't make sense
I’m with ya on this
Might seem small, but it’s about the little things

All these people passing judgement on Yze when over 1/3 of the list are on the injury list and another half a dozen are playing sore are over reactionary fools. There isn't a coach in the league now, in the past or in the future that would be able to overcome that sort of injury crisis and have him team playing at a level that would allow them to compete with teams a lot closer to full strength than we are.

Right now he is on a hiding to nothing and it's either click bait journalists or trolls that are expecting anything more than what we're currently producing. Now last night Yze said it was unacceptable even allowing for the injuries, but eventually you reach a point when going through something like this where it all becomes too much and you get a blow out performance. I'd suggest that this won't be the last blowout loss we have during this injury crisis, Essendon could very well do something similar next week

Round 15 last year WCE with a similar injury list to what we're dealing with was flogged by 171 points as the Swans piled on 31 goals. It was the culmination at that point of a long hard season for the Eagles who had won just 1 game and were on a 10 game losing streak at the time, 2 weeks prior they had been beaten by 121 points and it was their 3rd 20+ goal loss in 5 games.

Says he doesn't want to crack into players until gets to know everyone on a personal level

But on day 1 before speaking to anyone tears down all the premiership stuff off the walls without knowing how it would go down

Doesn't make sense
Cool story, but it didn't happen like that at all. He spoke to the club and the players about doing it beforehand and they were in agreement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A clueless individual for a coach. Can’t even get his selections right then his matchups and game plan are under 8 stuff.
Keeping the throne warm for Newey.
Your last line is interesting, I've been thinking the same myself.

Highly rated at every club he has worked at. So unlikely.
I didn't want to judge him this early but when you see like last night, you can't tell me the players playing for him.
regardless of injuries the last two weeks have been unacceptable performances players & coaching.

All these people passing judgement on Yze when over 1/3 of the list are on the injury list and another half a dozen are playing sore are over reactionary fools. There isn't a coach in the league now, in the past or in the future that would be able to overcome that sort of injury crisis and have him team playing at a level that would allow them to compete with teams a lot closer to full strength than we are.

Right now he is on a hiding to nothing and it's either click bait journalists or trolls that are expecting anything more than what we're currently producing. Now last night Yze said it was unacceptable even allowing for the injuries, but eventually you reach a point when going through something like this where it all becomes too much and you get a blow out performance. I'd suggest that this won't be the last blowout loss we have during this injury crisis, Essendon could very well do something similar next week

Round 15 last year WCE with a similar injury list to what we're dealing with was flogged by 171 points as the Swans piled on 31 goals. It was the culmination at that point of a long hard season for the Eagles who had won just 1 game and were on a 10 game losing streak at the time, 2 weeks prior they had been beaten by 121 points and it was their 3rd 20+ goal loss in 5 games.
We're treading a similar path.

We're treading a similar path.
The issue with the injuries is that it doesn't just impact on games, but it also impacts training, as they're not able to run drills in the same way you would with 35 odd players running around, so while Yze may say that we're training hard it's not the same level of intensity as it could be.

The Newman for coach is pie in the sky thinking.

What evidence are you basing your assumptions on that he will be a better coach.

All you are doing is making a narrative to align with your preconceived notions that Yze is a bad coach because his idea's don't align with yours!

Eagles sorted out their injury and fitness issues and are now competitive,

We need to do the same in the off season

They haven’t got Louie on a contract till 2028

Cool story, but it didn't happen like that at all. He spoke to the club and the players about doing it beforehand and they were in agreement.
Where was that reported?

If they were all in agreement then good but wasn’t exactly the picture painted here when it happened

Tommy would have them running the dunes with Percy none of this camel shit

So he’s clearly not scared to ruffle a few feathers right off the bat. Says it right there he even felt like he was disrespecting people

How does that marry up with him not being able to deliver some home truths to the players because it’s too early in the relationship still. My whole original point

Keeping Balta forward despite the abortion down back is a huge positive for Yze in my opinion, not a negative. It shows he’s not trying to ‘save’ the scoreboard by making short term decisions.

Longer term our backline is in reasonable shape. Gibcus will return. Tresize and Bauer both have promise. Miller is looking really good. Young has regressed but may be ok. Vlastuin only 29yo etc…. and finding key sized defenders or securing them from other clubs is much easier than finding quality KPF’s.

So it’s about 2025 onwards. Let’s say Lynch never returns in any meaningful way. If Balta is returned to defence, then our forward line is Lefau, Kosi and Ryan. That’s horrific.

So will Balta be a better forward 2025 onwards having played another 12 games of 2024 there? Or spending time between defence and forward?

Every decision needs to be about 2025 onwards… Balta learning to play forward is one of those.

But Balta has shown he ain't no forward and never will. Brain and eyesight won't allow it. If Lynch is coked well we have no hope and might as well kiss 25 goodbyes also.

I Can see it now yze will not trade out any players for high draft picks cause he will be too focused on saving his arse short term.

We need to find the next Dusty reiwolt Rance cotchin which has to be done via draft in the next 2 years or we are screwed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back