Player Watch Welcome to Richmond - Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

His ruck work is quite good to the point if nank gets injured then Kosi should be the ruckman or Samson Ryan ruck and Kosi supporting him …… people will say it should be Naismith but Naismith is 31 and not the future while Kosi is 23 and is the future
If he’s the future we are farked

we are f*cked
this guys agent has to be a fraud
3 year contract all to stink it up in the fwd line
can koshitty ever take a mark??? plays like his legs are made of paper mache
Can’t mark, can’t kick ,can’t bowl

I would have thought he would have loved to be playing forward / ruck backup, but probably not no.1, Lynch would be a handy foil. But I doubt we will ever play Lynch, Balta and Kosi together. Lefau maybe due to his ability at ground level and pressure etc.

I'm not getting carried away by Lefau, but he has shown a lot of attributes as a forward. He leads to the ball, he has a great spring, seems to have very good hands, he is a straight kick and good at ground level. I'm keeping a lid on it, but he has really started to look like a forward.

I'm not down on Kosi, I thought he was okay on the weekend. Led to plenty, dropped a few, but confidence might fix that a bit. Rucked well. Showed decent mobility. But he does seem to lack some class.
Have you watched him at VFL he is s**t there too

Watching those highlights I think I can see why Koschitzke might be dropping a lot of marks. He appears to be grabbing at the sides of the ball. A really good example of the best way to mark a footy in your hands in Naitanui at about 3:25 in this clip...

He doesn't grab at the sides of the ball but just puts his hands behind the ball, his two thumbs touching, his palms are facing the ball.

1713342734698.png

You can see in the next still his hands remain behind the ball, nearly the whole football is showing on top of his hands, one grab, perfect...

1713342847397.png

Compare that with Koschitzke, hands apart looking to grab the sides of the ball:

1713342932364.png

in the next still you can see he brings his thumbs together which is good but his hands are not almost flat behind the ball like Naitanui's, Kozzy is already trying to close his hands around the ball before it touches his hands.....

1713343157276.png

He holds the mark in the end but the ball bobbles due to him grabbing at the ball....

1713343250136.png

You can then see when he eventually holds it his hands are a lot further forward on the ball than Natainui's, with less of the ball showing.

1713343352433.png

If I could speak to Koschitzke I would say never try to catch the sides of the footy. Just put your hands quite flat behind the ball and let the force of the ball moving close your hands around the back of the ball. It is the same as taking a catch in cricket. The concept is not so much to grab the ball but to intercept its path by placing your hands behind and/or under the ball, depending on its trajectory.

Watching those highlights I think I can see why Koschitzke might be dropping a lot of marks. He appears to be grabbing at the sides of the ball. A really good example of the best way to mark a footy in your hands in Naitanui at about 3:25 in this clip...

He doesn't grab at the sides of the ball but just puts his hands behind the ball, his two thumbs touching, his palms are facing the ball.

View attachment 1962234

You can see in the next still his hands remain behind the ball, nearly the whole football is showing on top of his hands, one grab, perfect...

View attachment 1962239

Compare that with Koschitzke, hands apart looking to grab the sides of the ball:

View attachment 1962241

in the next still you can see he brings his thumbs together which is good but his hands are not almost flat behind the ball like Naitanui's, Kozzy is already trying to close his hands around the ball before it touches his hands.....

View attachment 1962243

He holds the mark in the end but the ball bobbles due to him grabbing at the ball....

View attachment 1962244

You can then see when he eventually holds it his hands are a lot further forward on the ball than Natainui's, with less of the ball showing.

View attachment 1962246

If I could speak to Koschitzke I would say never try to catch the sides of the footy. Just put your hands quite flat behind the ball and let the force of the ball moving close your hands around the back of the ball. It is the same as taking a catch in cricket. The concept is not so much to grab the ball but to intercept its path by placing your hands behind and/or under the ball, depending on its trajectory.

Shouldn’t practice Playing with the sides of his balls is what you really meant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you watched him at VFL he is s**t there too
Most tall forwards are shite in the VFL pretty much. I'm only slightly pumping his tyres because he's all we have at the moment and if he keeps presenting that is half the problem solved. Nice if he clunked a few, but like all average players they have a good game occasionally, let's hope it's this week.

View attachment 1962234

View attachment 1962239

View attachment 1962241

View attachment 1962243

View attachment 1962244

View attachment 1962246

Na needs to go back to basics aus kick style

Don’t even try and use your hands use your arms to force it into your chest that way it won’t bounce out 8 times a game that we see with him

I would send him back to the VFL to trial as a defender. Can't play him again as a forward.

Pardon the intrusion, but thought I would shed some light - he was originally drafted as a KPD and was selected as an AA fullback at the U18 carnival in his draft year. A couple of years ago after witnessing what you poor souls clearly are now also witnessing I asked the question of track watchers on our forum why he couldn't be swung back in defence again (he had started playing at Box Hill there before Clarko did his inevitable switch the KPP trick that so often never worked) and I was informed that he wasn't cut out to be an AFL-level defender and would only ever make it as a forward. Hopefully for your collective sanity he can come good - but outside of 6 goals in a practice match versus Norf and then soon after kicking 5.3 against Adelaide back in 2021 he has never really delivered much else.

People might not like it but Kosi probably comes straight back into the side after dominating the vfl ….. either Naismith makes way or Kosi and Naismith play alongside each other with Lafau

People might not like it but Kosi probably comes straight back into the side after dominating the vfl ….. either Naismith makes way or Kosi and Naismith play alongside each other with Lafau
He didn't dominate LM. Three of hi 4 goals were from turnovers above the ground and he was caught miles behind his opponent and was gifted three. His opponent had nearly 30 possessions . His best work was actually in the ruck playing a kick behind the play. Sadly he's just an ok VFL player at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back