Player Watch #32 - Corey Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

You haven't even seen Ellis play yet, Cockatoo didn't do too much against Carlton either.
Cockatoo is another Nic Nat.Media build up as an excitement machine and stick with it.Not saying Cockatoo won't be a very good player but if the "star" treatment is given to Nic Nat i expect Cockatoo will as well.

Played a half three weeks ago, played a full game two weeks ago, another full game on the weekend. Apparently progressing really well, looking very composed off of half back and his skills are sublime. Got 19 disposals in his first full game and 12 disposals on the weekend. Word around the traps are a senior debut is imminent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has played a couple of the vfl games now, from all accounts he is smooth, classy, awesome user of the ball.
Doesn't get a heap of it yet but put that down to being only 18, having a massively reduced preseason and also having not played footy since like midway through last year.
Definitely will be a nice addition, and the foot appears absolutely fine.

He has played a couple of the vfl games now, from all accounts he is smooth, classy, awesome user of the ball.
Doesn't get a heap of it yet but put that down to being only 18, having a massively reduced preseason and also having not played footy since like midway through last year.
Definitely will be a nice addition, and the foot appears absolutely fine.

Glad the foot appears absolutely fine.

Glad he looks good from accounts.

Any progress updates would be terrific going forward from anyone in the know.

I am listening to Talking Tigers episode on the RFC website now getting what I was hoping for info wise at around the 12.40 minute mark.

Also glad to hear Short had a pretty good game

Last edited:
Played a half three weeks ago, played a full game two weeks ago, another full game on the weekend. Apparently progressing really well, looking very composed off of half back and his skills are sublime. Got 19 disposals in his first full game and 12 disposals on the weekend. Word around the traps are a senior debut is imminent.

Got 20 touches and 4 clearances off half back against Footscray according to the website.

Got 20 touches and 4 clearances off half back against Footscray according to the website.
I thought the VFL correspondent on the talking tigers podcast said 12 touches. I like yours better though.

why are they playing him at half back?? they do that with all our new players..

Got a beautiful left leg on him. Still managed to push forward in the 3rd and set up a goal for a teammate with a perfectly weighted pass and had a shot himself after the siren (which he just missed from outside 50). Didn't see a lot of him in the last but not sure of his stats. Should have saved no 33 for him. He's looks to be a ripper based on the small sample I saw on the weekend. Play him anywhere on the ground and he'll add to the team I reckon. Probably needs a few more weeks in the VFL though.

Got a beautiful left leg on him. Still managed to push forward in the 3rd and set up a goal for a teammate with a perfectly weighted pass and had a shot himself after the siren (which he just missed from outside 50). Didn't see a lot of him in the last but not sure of his stats. Should have saved no 33 for him. He's looks to be a ripper based on the small sample I saw on the weekend. Play him anywhere on the ground and he'll add to the team I reckon. Probably needs a few more weeks in the VFL though.
saw the 1st 1/4 on the weekend, his kicking is every bit as good as the hype says

Remove this Banner Ad

Back