Player Watch #37: Connor Menadue

Remove this Banner Ad

Too much is being made about his weight, He is only 5kgs off where a 'normal' kid would be at his age

Many will be suprised in 2017 how much weight he has gained and is a regular in the team, Kid is a class player

2016 is when our team will become genuine top 4 and its around 2016/2017 that players like McBean/Lennon/McDonugh/Menadue/Ellis (c) Will be permanant fixtures in our line up that doesnt have Foley,Newman,Grigg,Chaplin,Petterd in the lineup

Back on topic, He will gain 4-5 kgs a year

Too much is being made about his weight, He is only 5kgs off where a 'normal' kid would be at his age

Many will be suprised in 2017 how much weight he has gained and is a regular in the team, Kid is a class player

2016 is when our team will become genuine top 4 and its around 2016/2017 that players like McBean/Lennon/McDonugh/Menadue/Ellis (c) Will be permanant fixtures in our line up that doesnt have Foley,Newman,Grigg,Chaplin,Petterd in the lineup

Back on topic, He will gain 4-5 kgs a year

Seriously, I hope he makes it! Terrific if he becomes a star. But he does need to get more bulk on his frame. He looks lighter than Fyfe, Murphy at equivalent ages, lighter than WHE. Fiora type body is not to far a stretch. So not alarm bells yet but it is hard for some to put the weight and development on so RFC should not be backwards in coming forward and helping the kid in this area!

Seriously, I hope he makes it! Terrific if he becomes a star. But he does need to get more bulk on his frame. He looks lighter than Fyfe, Murphy at equivalent ages, lighter than WHE. Fiora type body is not to far a stretch. So not alarm bells yet but it is hard for some to put the weight and development on so RFC should not be backwards in coming forward and helping the kid in this area!

Yeah a bit lighter than Fyfe but also a bit taller than Fyfe at draft age, Fyfe put on another 4 cm in height after he was drafted so Mendaue might get to 190 cm. He'll whack on some weight and if he can get to 85kg and retain his speed and endurance he'll be a machine. He is such a good kick too, he is perfect for us, won't get much senior footy next year if at all but year after that should be primed

Yeah a bit lighter than Fyfe but also a bit taller than Fyfe at draft age, Fyfe put on another 4 cm in height after he was drafted so Mendaue might get to 190 cm. He'll whack on some weight and if he can get to 85kg and retain his speed and endurance he'll be a machine. He is such a good kick too, he is perfect for us, won't get much senior footy next year if at all but year after that should be primed

Like him to use his left side more if he has it. But don't wish to get too picky yet. We just need that body to develop for starters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont see why so many care about his weight.

He has two pre seasons to go through before he starts his second season. To be honest if he puts 6kgs this season I wouldnt mind playing him as a speedy high half forward.

How heavy is Charlie Cameron? Jeff Garlett? Im sure there are many more players who have been around 75kg and made an impact.

Last edited:
Dont see why so many care about his weight.

He has two pre seasons to go through before he starts his second season. To be honest if puts 6kgs this season I wouldnt mind playing him a speedy high half forward.

How heavy is Charlie Cameron? Jeff Garlett? Im sure there are many more players who have been around 75kg and made an impact.

I reckon youre spot on, if he puts on some size this off season, and has good form in the vfl there's no reason he can't play some games, there are lighter frames in the afl

I reckon youre spot on, if he puts on some size this off season, and has good form in the vfl there's no reason he can't play some games, there are lighter frames in the afl
Correct. You dont need to be massive if you dont get caught.
Whilst I agree he should get to 80kg-83kg in a few years. There is no reason why he couldnt make an impact earlier.

Super sub maybe for his first season.

Correct. You dont need to be massive if you dont get caught.
Whilst I agree he should get to 80kg-83kg in a few years. There is no reason why he couldnt make an impact earlier.

Super sub maybe for his first season.

For sure, even as that high half forward you said, or even half back

Really looks like the exact type we were all hoping for going into the draft and probably would have gone a lot higher if he wasn't so light. Love the fact he is described at being so consistent, hard to do when you're one of the smaller blokes. Reckon he will be the big win out of this draft and once he hits 77-80kg in a year or two we are going to have a beast with this guy!

I would imagine the club would be looking at getting Connor to around 78-80 kg's within the next couple of seasons. Hopefully won't lose his pace & agility with the extra kg's. Hopefully then he can hold down a spot in the team after that. Good luck to the young guy in the mean time.

Looks like he will be living with Reece Conca, Club has insisted
Pity Darrou isn't on the list anymore he could of moved in with him for free food off his parents . Maybe they can get Relton Roberts to be his dietitian over the phone ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back