Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LANCE COLLARD!

Remove this Banner Ad

Young Buddy’s family is moving to Melbourne in the new year. From what my very reliable source at the club tells me, St Kilda had zeroed in on him as their first pick because they expected Wilson to be long gone as he was one of the ‘elite 8’ in this draft. So the Saints had done a lot of background work regarding pastoral care for the young fellow.

Shock horror and excitement when Wilson was available at the Saints first pick. To get Buddy at 28 was amazing. The Saints also really liked Phoenix Gothard at pick 28, which would have been a bolster until GWS went bang at pick 12 or whatever he was.

Footnote: It was funny to read stavro#4 saying the Saints under no circumstances wanted him, then when he was drafted Stavro was proud of the club, 😂
has anyone informed the family they are being relocated to Melbourne ?
i think your source has there wires crossed here ....

our club is fairly comfortable that they have the tools in place to retain players we want to retain... its very rare we get a player wanting to leave St Kilda that we dont feel comfortable losing ...
the trick to retaining players is setting up that social group of mates with them, getting them playing games regularly and keeping a stability in the club..

player who leave are guys who are long term injured so spend time isolated from the group, guys who dont build strong relationships in the group and guys who see instability as an issue to them being a consistant AFL player

our club is fairly comfortable that they have the tools in place to retain players we want to retain... its very rare we get a player wanting to leave St Kilda that we dont feel comfortable losing ...
the trick to retaining players is setting up that social group of mates with them, getting them playing games regularly and keeping a stability in the club..

player who leave are guys who are long term injured so spend time isolated from the group, guys who dont build strong relationships in the group and guys who see instability as an issue to them being a consistant AFL player
Im pretty sure the club knows how to handle the situation without bringing the whole family , its going to be tough going keeping Lance happy let alone the whole family so i very much doubt they are coming over , well on a full time basis

I feel having Lance at the club is going to be great getting Nas out of his shell and improving his leadership skills.

Im pretty sure the club knows how to handle the situation without bringing the whole family , its going to be tough going keeping Lance happy let alone the whole family so i very much doubt they are coming over , well on a full time basis
exactly ... i think the club are also a lot more open to allowing the players to visit home more often now days .. i know a few of the boys would stay back in Perth or Adl after the game and return back a couple days later

I don't think the club can bring the family without the money going under the salary cap.

exactly ... I think the club is also a lot more open to allowing the players to visit home more often nowadays. I know a few of the boys would stay back in Perth or Adl after the game and return a couple of days later
Auntie Kat, Alan Murray, Nathan Lovett-Murray, and Tony Brown have established a great support network for our indigenous lads.

In addition, we've got Nas, Brad Hill, Liam Henry, Riley Bonner, and Isaac Keeler to make him feel right at home.

I'll back the aforementioned groups to create an environment Lance will enjoy, and where he'll feel supported and secure. Also, consider he's joined a club that is on the up.

We've got what is arguably the most talented group of under-23s in the competition, great coaching and development staff, and a strong administration that appears to be supporting the football department in a drive towards a premiership.

Don't forget we've also got the best supporters in the AFL and a burgeoning membership.

If we can't hang onto him with all that in our favour, I doubt it is possible for any club that is not based in WA to do it.

Auntie Kat, Alan Murray, Nathan Lovett-Murray, and Tony Brown have established a great support network for our indigenous lads.

In addition, we've got Nas, Brad Hill, Liam Henry, Riley Bonner, and Isaac Keeler to make him feel right at home.

I'll back the aforementioned groups to create an environment Lance will enjoy, and where he'll feel supported and secure. Also, consider he's joined a club that is on the up.

We've got what is arguably the most talented group of under-23s in the competition, great coaching and development staff, and a strong administration that appears to be supporting the football department in a drive towards a premiership.

Don't forget we've also got the best supporters in the AFL and a burgeoning membership.

If we can't hang onto him with all that in our favour, I doubt it is possible for any club that is not based in WA to do it.
Riley Bonner is not indigenous

That would come as quite a shock to his mob, especially his grandmother.

Born on Ukerebagh Island near the NSW-Queensland border, Bonner was the son of an Indigenous Australian mother and an English immigrant father. His grandmother, who belonged to the Ugarapul people, played a crucial role in raising him after his mother's death.

And this:

Indigenous kids that may get drafted this year. (2015)

Callum Ah Chee W.A. Born 9/10/97, 182 cm, 71 kg, Fwd/mid
John Shaw, W.A. 8/7/97 177, 75. mid.
Wayne Milera S.A. 14/9/97, 185, 75, Mid/Fwd
Riley Bonner. S.A. 7/9/97. 191, 80, Fwd/Def.
Kieran Agius, S.A. 1/10/97. 187. 84, Fwd

but it doesnt just extend to the indig boys .... yes statistically speaking they tend to be more likely to get home sick but the club over the last 10- 15 years i feel have been in a fairly strong position in regards to keeping players at the club that they want to keep... the only ones i can really think of that we lost that we were not keen to push out the door would be Luke Ball, Jamie Cripps Josh Bruce and maybe Coffield ...

Born on Ukerebagh Island near the NSW-Queensland border, Bonner was the son of an Indigenous Australian mother and an English immigrant father. His grandmother, who belonged to the Ugarapul people, played a crucial role in raising him after his mother's death.

And this:

That's Neville Bonner, a former Australian politician 😂😂

Little known fact. A young Riley Bonner had dreams of following in big brother Tony’s footsteps as a Park Ranger 😉

FOVbkRl.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And this:

Where did you get that from?

Where did you get that from?

I'd like to hear what evidence you have to support your claim that he's not. Happy to admit I'm wrong, conscience.

The best thing is we've picked up a good player for nothing. I think it will prove to be yet another shrewd pick-up from SA by our recruiting and list management teams.

It makes the virtual sacking of Chris Toce even more puzzling, although Dalrymple from the Swines is an upgrade.

Last edited:
D'oh! How embarrassment, as Effie used to say. My bad.
Mistake on my part. Must be more careful when cutting and pasting and not double-checking the facts. The other part of the post is genuine.

Source is BF veteran poster, border barry. That's the best I've got, conscience. Over to you!

D'oh! How embarrassment, as Effie used to say. My bad.

Mistake on my part. Must be more careful when cutting and pasting and not double-checking the facts. The other part of the post is genuine.

Source is BF veteran poster, border barry. That's the best I've got, conscience. Over to you!
Not a problem, Billy. I've educated millions over the journey, so just stick close to me and pick up some tips along the way and you'll be just fine 😎

Not a problem, Billy. I've educated millions over the journey, so just stick close to me and pick up some tips along the way and you'll be just fine 😎
And totally corrupted, no doubt. Looking forward to it.

Now does anyone know if Riley Bonner is indigenous? More importantly, can they supply the supporting evidence?

And totally corrupted, no doubt. Looking forward to it.

Now does anyone know if Riley Bonner is indigenous? More importantly, can they supply the supporting evidence?
He's a bit tanned. That's all I've got.

Still, that's the clubhouse leader ATM. Glad you're on my side, George.
Please investigate if his family name comes from a long line of Boners, too.

Tanned, implying he is well-hung? Aren't you running the ragged edge of danger in terms of racial stereotyping?
😄😜
You're the only one turning things gay around here, Billy Elliot 😎

The Port Adelaide FC list of past and present indigenous AFL/VFL players dated May 2023,does not have Riley Bonner on that list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back