Toast Welcome to the SUNS, Jed Anderson

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

It's official. Jed Anderson is now a Sun!

Born in Katherine but raised in Darwin, 28 year old Jed Anderson now joins our growing list of NT players at the club after seven seasons with North Melbourne. He comes from solid footballing stocks with his grandfather, Jimmy Anderson, a member of the NT Team of the Century as well as an NTFL life member. Jed's brother, Joe Anderson, spent four years on Carlton's list and managed 17 AFL games. Jed is a proud indigenous man from the Warramunga mob and he has three children to date with two sons and a daughter. For anyone that's curious about father-son possibilities, Jed's oldest son Elijah was born in 2013 which would mean he would become draft eligible in 2031 and his second son Jasiah is two years younger. So should Jed reach 100 games with us then his first son will become father-son eligible for us in the same year that Kai Rischitelli will in 2031. Anyway, seems like Jed still has plenty of good footy ahead of him given his age and I think he'll be a good leader for the young indigenous boys at the club.

Go well, Jed!

It's official. Jed Anderson is now a Sun!

Born in Katherine but raised in Darwin, 28 year old Jed Anderson now joins our growing list of NT players at the club after seven seasons with North Melbourne. He comes from solid footballing stocks with his grandfather, Jimmy Anderson, a member of the NT Team of the Century as well as an NTFL life member. Jed's brother, Joe Anderson, spent four years on Carlton's list and managed 17 AFL games. Jed is a proud indigenous man from the Warramunga mob and he has three children to date with two sons and a daughter. For anyone that's curious about father-son possibilities, Jed's oldest son Elijah was born in 2013 which would mean he would become draft eligible in 2031 and his second son Jasiah is two years younger. So should Jed reach 100 games with us then his first son will become father-son eligible for us in the same year that Kai Rischitelli will in 2031. Anyway, seems like Jed still has plenty of good footy ahead of him given his age and I think he'll be a good leader for the young indigenous boys at the club.

Go well, Jed!

Stoked to get him but I'll eat Andrew Walkers hat if he plays 100 for us at 28yo.

Better chance of his kids joining the Suns academy.

There's alot of pissed off North supporters right now.

Its ridiculous we didn't sign him up again but have Hugh bloody Greenwood.

You've got a player with heart anbd courage who doesn't hold back here. I'd have him back in a minute.

There's alot of pissed off North supporters right now.

Its ridiculous we didn't sign him up again but have Hugh bloody Greenwood.

You've got a player with heart anbd courage who doesn't hold back here. I'd have him back in a minute.
Is his kicking as bad as they say though

As an ex North supporter with strong family ties to the Club I keep half an eye on their progress(or lack of)
I've always rated him
I think it's just another case of a decent player being squeezed by list management, salary cap and just coming out of contract at the wrong time
Hopefully we're the beneficiaries on this occasion rather than the losers as we have been recently with Greenwood Bowes Brodie etc

We effectively traded him for Hugh Greenwood.

Just at a fraction of the price and two years younger.

I see this as an absolute win

Few people wanted Sam Berry this off season.

Sam Berry from wish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back