Player Watch #43 Jacob Bauer

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if he could have a big pre-season and gain a spot in the 22
Im a fan, love the way he attacks it in the air. think he’s best chance is as a 3rd tall alonside Lynch, Balta or Gibcus/ ?

Won a couple of games in the 2s this year off his own boot and showed enough at the AFL level up to suggest in a good forward setup he’d be a handful

He gets mentioned as a kpf so he is pretty much in line to work with lynch next year. Has to have a huge pre season and lots of development coaches working with him

192cm. 3 cm shorter than Jack. 86kg. Needs to put on some muscle over the break.

He gets mentioned as a kpf so he is pretty much in line to work with lynch next year. Has to have a huge pre season and lots of development coaches working with him

192cm. 3 cm shorter than Jack. 86kg. Needs to put on some muscle over the break.
KFC has 24 nuggets for $10.95. Jacob should be spending 4-5 nights there per week

Im a fan, love the way he attacks it in the air. think he’s best chance is as a 3rd tall alonside Lynch, Balta or Gibcus/ ?

Won a couple of games in the 2s this year off his own boot and showed enough at the AFL level up to suggest in a good forward setup he’d be a handful
Yes definitely not the main guy up forward...play him loose...

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he makes it. He seems a bit limited to me, a jump and mark player. Good attributes but will need to add to his game at ground level to make it.

He will not play CHF and I think Lynch will play full forward. He may play half forward but so might another player more suited to a key post like Gibcus or Balta, or even someone from left field like Young. I think Cumberland will play become a good player so it won't be easy to get a gig up forward. Would be great if he got super fit, a bit bigger and turned himself into a CHF, but the odds aren't great. If an ageing great like Riewoldt couldn't do it, Balta maybe, Chol, Griffiths, CCJ and whoever else we have tried couldn't cut it, it's not an easy place to play.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he makes it. He seems a bit limited to me, a jump and mark player. Good attributes but will need to add to his game at ground level to make it.

He will not play CHF and I think Lynch will play full forward. He may play half forward but so might another player more suited to a key post like Gibcus or Balta, or even someone from left field like Young. I think Cumberland will play become a good player so it won't be easy to get a gig up forward. Would be great if he got super fit, a bit bigger and turned himself into a CHF, but the odds aren't great. If an ageing great like Riewoldt couldn't do it, Balta maybe, Chol, Griffiths, CCJ and whoever else we have tried couldn't cut it, it's not an easy place to play.
I agree but 3rd tall is his go and he should be able to exploit that match up if he gets fitter and stronger. Big IF.

A forward line of Lynch, Balta, Bauer, Cumbo and 2 super quick smalls would be a great balance and super dangerous.

I think he showed when played in defense in the VFL that he is more than capable at ground level and he found plenty of the ball. That game against Brisbane he was BOG playing back for 3/4s. Ended up with 24 disposals and 12 marks.

He still needs to lift his work rate. I think he will end up a 3rd tall, not sure at which end just yet. I really like him, huge potential.

I think he showed when played in defense in the VFL that he is more than capable at ground level and he found plenty of the ball. That game against Brisbane he was BOG playing back for 3/4s. Ended up with 24 disposals and 12 marks.

He still needs to lift his work rate. I think he will end up a 3rd tall, not sure at which end just yet. I really like him, huge potential.

This was obviously why he was sent back, but the fact he still looked lazy is my concern. Effort is purely above the shoulders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes definitely not the main guy up forward...play him loose...
He is only 191cm , but really launches himself at marking contests. If you’ve got TL and another KPF drawing all the attention then I can see him being dangerous And has a long leg , a decent set shot.

if He can improve his ground ball forward work, that will add to his chances of becoming a seniors player.

He is only 191cm , but really launches himself at marking contests. If you’ve got TL and another KPF drawing all the attention then I can see him being dangerous And has a long leg , a decent set shot.

if He can improve his ground ball forward work, that will add to his chances of becoming a seniors player.
From what I can tell...that seems to be his one wood! Could be a real distraction up forward causing issues for Cut Lunch!
We also have another player that only wants to kick goals up forward...his one wood as well...then is poor defensively!

I agree but 3rd tall is his go and he should be able to exploit that match up if he gets fitter and stronger. Big IF.

A forward line of Lynch, Balta, Bauer, Cumbo and 2 super quick smalls would be a great balance and super dangerous.
What about the GOAT?

I think this guy needs to play in Startup 22 with plenty of upside. Great marks and games will only improve playing seniors. Tresize might be the suprise packet next season. Both are great marks something we have been lacking.
Zackly...new Coach------>new desire to impress!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back