crowie

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2004
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
N. Forest, NY Mets
I'm pretty sure that Geelong aren't going to comeback against the Lions.

I've gotta say that I am very happy with our possie ATM. I'm not surprised like most other people, I didn't think we would be this high but i knew that we had it in us.

The biggest improvement this year is our consistency. I'm also very proud of our 2nd tier players.

Keep sneaking up boys. :)

outback jack said:
such a shame we didnt win last week, we would had a nice little break. Its really tight lose two or three games and you're out of the 8
This is my concern as well. But we have Fremantle at home and Hawthorn away to finish the round of 15. I think expectations would be to win these games.

Then revenge time against the Bulldogs at home will see us seal a finals spot.

crowie said:
I'm pretty sure that Geelong aren't going to comeback against the Lions.

I've gotta say that I am very happy with our possie ATM. I'm not surprised like most other people, I didn't think we would be this high but i knew that we had it in us.

The biggest improvement this year is our consistency. I'm also very proud of our 2nd tier players.

Keep sneaking up boys. :)

Blo*dy Hell, I am.
Who could have foreseen the massive improvement in Hudson, Mattner, Rutten, Bock, Shirley. It also can't be underestimated what the Thompson trade has done for the club.

If you say you are not surprised you are kidding yourself, nobody thought we could possibly be up in the top 4. How can you say you knew they had it in them after last seasons rubbish?

The Hawthorn game is a slight worry because its at York Park, wont be an easy game there. Freo were absolute crap this evening, and with the game at Footy Park we should flog them by 10 goals at least.

RoosterLad said:
If you say you are not surprised you are kidding yourself, nobody thought we could possibly be up in the top 4. How can you say you knew they had it in them after last seasons rubbish?

The Hawthorn game is a slight worry because its at York Park, wont be an easy game there. Freo were absolute crap this evening, and with the game at Footy Park we should flog them by 10 goals at least.

I don't feel surprised, before the season I was thinking between 7th-14th. But the more the season goes on the more I realise how good this team is. We should have also snatched at least one more game from West Coast, Brisbane and Geelong. Our only two genuine losses were against the Bulldogs and Melbourne.

We showed glimpses of this team last year against Richmond, Port Adelaide, Hawthorn and Melbourne. Did you not see those games? Sure we played like absolute sh.t after that but there were some signs before it.

Lets aim to stay there.

I can't see the premiership side coming from outside the top three. I don't like the prospect of finishing fourth and playing West Coast at Subi.

But we'd be licking our lips in week one of the finals were we fixtured against Melbourne or Geelong at the MCG. Or better yet, Football Park.

DaveW said:
Lets aim to stay there.

I can't see the premiership side coming from outside the top three. I don't like the prospect of finishing fourth and playing West Coast at Subi.

But we'd be licking our lips in week one of the finals were we fixtured against Melbourne or Geelong at the MCG. Or better yet, Football Park.

melb at footy park would be nice.

MrChristo said:
Had a dabble at you guys last week for the flag @ 14's....

Pretty sure I'm the only non-Adelaide supporter that rates you! You've impressed me no end so far, and if you finish 2nd or 3rd (as I expect), you'll give it a huge crack.

A sincere good luck! :D

Don't suppose you'd wanna share some of that wealth should we pull off the unthinkable would ya ;)

I know I am bloody surprised. I'm pretty sure I had us 12th ot lower.

I couldn't see us kicking a winning score. I didn't anticipate we would have a defence that stops everyone else from kicking a winning score as well.

It's still too early to start drinking the bath water but so far they have done us proud.

still pinching myself , who would have thought we would have done this well to date. Don't want to put the mockers on but having few injuries makes a difference.

Goodwin is like a new recruit we have not seen much of him the past couple of seasons, much the same could be said of good Burton and bad Burton. Also good to have Hart back but did he do his hammy again against Richmond?

The step up of some of the others has been just what the doctored ordered with Huddo, Rutten, Bock, Mattner and Skipworth a credit to themselves and to the coaching staff.

Roo must breath a sigh of relief when Scotty T has his name mentioned. Finally a player that has the ability and hardness that can ease the burdon on roo.

Things are looking so bright that I got to wear shades :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SpringChoke said:
Blo*dy Hell, I am.
Who could have foreseen the massive improvement in Hudson, ... , Bock, ...
Moi with these two. :)

It certainly is surprising where we are at the mid-season break.

Basically, from last year, we have been given 3 free rebounding backline generals in Hart, Torney and Bassett, the latter thanks to Rutten, the former 2 thanks to injury, and 2 free A grade midfielders in Goodwin and Thompson. We didn't lose anything from Stinger leaving as Shirley has stepped straight into Stinger's role and is doing as good a job as Stinger did.

That in essence in terms of personnel is where our improvement has come from since last year. Add to that the new gameplan, the self-belief the players have and the tight-knit group and it's actually no surprise we are where we are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back