West Coast are the most underrated team right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's sleeping on us.

Best Coast going to show us again why they are one of the most successful teams since the birth of a national comp.

Even though we just lost the GOAT ruckman and a top 10 GOAT full back, we're priming for a top 8 position.

We got the Brownlow medalist himself, Priddis.

Expect a HUGE season from Chris Masten.

Keep the eyes peeled for Yeo (Adam Hunter v2)

Schofield will continue his rise to stardom.

The Kennedy/Lecras/Darling FWD tandem is the best in the game.

Mcginnity is whatever you need him to be. Essentially a beefed up Rowan Jones.

All the pieces are here.

Adam Simpson is the final piece. With more time with the Best Coast under his belt, expect his gameplan to shine bright.

Don't sleep on us. Please don't.

You lost me right here - Masten is a dud.

That said, I definitely think the Eagles are underrated. They took some time to find their feet but ultimately finished the season in some pretty impressive forms. I reckon they'll make finals this year and quite possibly win one. Most of their important players are in their peak or young, so they've got a few period to look forward to in the next five years or so, I think.

Midfield is average. Record against top 8 sides is a pretty bad indictment. Good group of talls though. 7th-12th depending on injuries and the small things.

Yep spot on.

Best Coast going to show us again why they are one of the most successful teams since the birth of a national comp.

Even though we just lost the GOAT ruckman and a top 10 GOAT full back, we're priming for a top 8 position.

All the pieces are here.

Adam Simpson is the final piece. With more time with the Best Coast under his belt, expect his gameplan to shine bright.

How embarrassing.

The eagles have a elite forward line and sound defence. Our current midfield is perfect as a support midfield to a few stars.
Hopefully a couple of our kids turn out to be A grade midfielders

I'm guessing Freo alias
Only 22 posts at the time of the thread being set up but an analysis of a search on them shows a West Coast supporter. A very, very 'up' West Coast supporter but almost certainly ridgy didge. We all have someone do this to us and quite often a newbie. Fans of 17 other clubs going "Phew!"

I think west coast will finish in the top 8 and at least get a home final.

However i do tend to think this about west coast every year.
iirc they couldn't even beat a single team that finished in the top 8 last year. Will be lucky to sneak into the finals.

iirc they couldn't even beat a single team that finished in the top 8 last year. Will be lucky to sneak into the finals.

We haven't beaten an eventual finalist for two years, actually. We have beaten a top 8 side in the past two years - Essendon in 2013 - but we know how that turned out.

That s**t's gotta stop this year.

We haven't beaten an eventual finalist for two years, actually. We have beaten a top 8 side in the past two years - Essendon in 2013 - but we know how that turned out.

Beating Adelaide over there late last year I guess was the best win.

Your avatar doesn't seem bothered.

Beating Adelaide over there late last year I guess was the best win.

Thrashing Collingwood too, but it turned out in retrospect they weren't that good last year.

Your avatar doesn't seem bothered.

I really should change it. As long as Adam Simpson remains coach, though, it will have to be Simpsons-related. I prefer a GIF. Ideas?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

.... I really should change it (avatar). As long as Adam Simpson remains coach, though, it will have to be Simpsons-related. I prefer a GIF. Ideas?
How about OJ trying on the glove at his trial while smiling? I tried with Jessica but nothing worked well enough.

OJ-glove_zps3f23a811.gif

And people call Carlton 'flat track bullies' .. Least we beat North Melbourne last year, a preliminary finalist :)

West Coast are bit of an unknown quantity for me (ironically a bit similar to my mob)

The top end talent is there, but the list drops away drastically in terms of talent. Bringing in (slowly) kids, who really its to easy to call either way.

Dom Sheed intrigues me. Has shown he can get plenty of the ball, but frankly, his disposal is pretty sub-par for a top 10 (okay 11) draft pick.

Hopefully he has worked on his kicking over the pre-season. Think he has the nous to be an extremely good player in this league.

Ok so the OP is obviously batshit insane but it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for West Coast to make a significant jump up the ladder. Their midfield isn't flash but if it can remain injury free and Nic Nat and Lycett form the duo I think they can be it can mask the dearth of A-graders well enough. The chemistry, positioning and understanding of the game plan are all more important factors than talent alone anyway and imho Simpson is a good fit for instilling those qualities.

Two stars at the bookends with some handy company (if Waters manages to ever get back to his AA year form their defence will be as good as any) joining them and it's a nicely balanced side. Need a couple to step up and become a classy outside runner (Rosa/Wellingham/Gaff/Sheed) and also a quality small forward to partner the Frenchman, like a Ballantyne type, say. Would also go a long way to regaining some kind of "stronghold" at Subi for them, against teams higher than them they've lost at home more often than not in the last couple of years.

West Coast fans, where does Yeo fit in? Obviously he's best 22 but during the layoff I've seen everything from small defender to outside mid to inside mid to small forward suggested for him, anything resembling a consensus with this bloke?

If they are the most underrated though then it's an impressive feat given they were the most overrated two seasons ago, that takes some doing.

I'm guessing Freo alias
My money is on him/her being a vic based Eagles hater or something. Seriously only people around here would start a Ben Cousins tribute Eagles troll account since people in WA have moved on from all that nonsense. In all honestly though we are not "underrated". Two years ago we were overrated, now we are just properly rated since everyone has realized overpaid hipster hacks like Masten and Schofield aren't going to take us anywhere. We could dramatically improve and shoot up the ladder ala 2011, but that is as unlikely as winning the lotto tonight.

Personally - I see this current crop of eagles players some what resemble the current Fremantle crop in the terms of natural team development.
If I recall a few years back there was about a year or 2 of Fremantle charging up the ladder to be a dark horse contender, this was suddenly squandered by injury which pushed them down deep on the ladder.

During this period they ended up fobbing Harvey off and got a new coach in Lyon.
During their first year with Lyon they were better than what they previously were the year before with Harvey, though still seemed quite far off. Nonetheless they seemed to excel in the last few games of the year.

Come the following year they had raced back up the ladder again with a new game plan and this time, everyone being able to click and find their noose on field.

In essence this this is a lot like the eagles campaign over the passed few. Finished bottom of the ladder, raced up the ladder for a year or 2 before being destroyed by injuries, started getting their best 22 on field and had a change of coach. During the first year finished a little higher than the previous year, but not enough to be considered a true threat. Now this year, if we are truly following the same mechanical evolutionary path, We should be a smokey and rise up the ranks deep into the finals.

Sure in terms of qualifications Lyon > Simpson, won't deny that for a second. But I'm particularly interested in this years season for none other than what I've stated, or at-least I hope it to be true.

My money is on him/her being a vic based Eagles hater or something. Seriously only people around here would start a Ben Cousins tribute Eagles troll account since people in WA have moved on from all that nonsense. In all honestly though we are not "underrated". Two years ago we were overrated, now we are just properly rated since everyone has realized overpaid hipster hacks like Masten and Schofield aren't going to take us anywhere. We could dramatically improve and shoot up the ladder ala 2011, but that is as unlikely as winning the lotto tonight.
You're a bit of a tosser champ.

Just having a quick read through one of your efforts in the 'Remake the AFL as it should have been' thread. To post that garage and then refer to 'vic based Eagles haters' as you have done above is the height of hypocrisy.

Only 22 posts at the time of the thread being set up but an analysis of a search on them shows a West Coast supporter. A very, very 'up' West Coast supporter but almost certainly ridgy didge. We all have someone do this to us and quite often a newbie. Fans of 17 other clubs going "Phew!"
We have a few veteran posters that do it after every win we have, l was thankful that we haven't had that many north threads over the summer.

All the pieces are here.

I think the eagles have a fair bit of talent but you think you have a better forward line than the Hawks ? Please watch some more Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back