Play Nice West Coast drugs scandal - Report ITT

Remove this Banner Ad

If it was that easy for all the world would be full of far less addicts.

Cocaine is also more addictive than tobacco. Plus remember drugs like ice and coke have probably cooked some of these blokes to the point where they can't just go cold turkey with ease. That certainly appears to be the case for Cousins. They've caused him mental health issues.
Yes I guess you're right when it comes to Ice addiction unfortunately. The secret is to never start so hope the kids at school are being educated not to even consider trying this stuff. It's such an evil drug.

I really can't believe anyone could be so moronic to equate systematic cheating to the random bounce of a ball.

You know we won the 'tainted' flag by a point, right? A bounce of the ball and were 0 for 2 and no one cares how much gear we were on.

You also don't need to prove a performance benefit to punish cheating.

True, but punishment is usually for breaking rules. Which rules did we break?

Carlton finished stone motherless last while being 25% over the salary cap yet they were still punished.

Freo did the same or close to it one year IIRC due to injury payments. Relevance?

Who knows what West Coast players were on at the time or if they got any benefit from it. Even without an investigation we know officials were helping players avoid drug tests based on the public comments of players (Ben Cousins in his autobiography claims he was doing it his whole career at the club).

Who knows indeed. How many players? What drugs? In game or not in game? I mean if it turned out that not a single Eagles player used drugs in the GF but a dozen of them snorted lines celebrating the game but one Swans player took some 'performance enhancing' illicet drugs pre-game to calm his nerves, which side was on the drugs?

Yes I guess you're right when it comes to Ice addiction unfortunately. The secret is to never start so hope the kids at school are being educated not to even consider trying this stuff. It's such an evil drug.

Problem is (and i know from experience) that you can tell someone not to do something til you're blue in the face, but it wont necessarily stop them. People, especially young people, think it will never happen to them..

Im not sure players living a party lifestyle and being drugged up is performance enhancing. Is there any evidence of the majority of players being on banned substances on matchday prior to the match? I see these as a drug addicition issue rather than a performance related issue.

Im not sure players living a party lifestyle and being drugged up is performance enhancing. Is there any evidence of the majority of players being on banned substances on matchday prior to the match? I see these as a drug addicition issue rather than a performance related issue.

ASADA confirmed they were aware of the rumours surrounding the Eagles in 2006, made an extra effort to target test them on match day as a result and returned zero positive results.

That should be the end of it.

The DHs (bartlett = clueless old FW thats so out of touch it laughable, lyon = dog and we all know why dont we Bill, Hall = another gutless dog for obvious reasons, walls = just has NFI and lives in a dream world, sheahan for being a dead set sheep), )trying so hard to strip us of a cup wont like the attached article...
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/west-coas...-boss-defends-2006-title-20170322-gv4fvb.html
thats-the-end-of-that-chapter-o.gif

Who knows indeed. How many players? What drugs? In game or not in game? I mean if it turned out that not a single Eagles player used drugs in the GF but a dozen of them snorted lines celebrating the game but one Swans player took some 'performance enhancing' illicet drugs pre-game to calm his nerves, which side was on the drugs?
I haven't made one comment in regards to players taking drugs. For the most part I couldn't care less.

Like with Essendon, the issue for me is the actions of club officials. The day Cousins missed training and was ultimately sacked, he was tipped off by someone at the club about the presence of drug testers (hence why he didn't show up). Subsequent comments by Cousins make it pretty clear it was a regular occurrence (avoiding testers). The Fletcher episode also shows officials prepared to cover for players.

Now maybe WC players were just incredibly clever when it came to avoiding testers but there's enough anecdotal evidence to suggest club officials were complicit in it. I've even heard claims that a player was taken from the ground in an ambulance as a ruse to avoid testers.

It staggers me that this leaked report shows that players and not officials were the focus of any "investigation".

You'd have to be pretty naive to believe West Coast officials didn't adopt the "whatever it takes" mantra back then.

There is not one person on here that can convince me snorting coke does not enhance performance. Taking it before Training would allow someone like Ben cousins to run a lot longer and harder than he would without it. Build up this artificial fitness base and go into games clean he could do what he did as a running freak.

There is not one person on here that can convince me snorting coke does not enhance performance. Taking it before Training would allow someone like Ben cousins to run a lot longer and harder than he would without it. Build up this artificial fitness base and go into games clean he could do what he did as a running freak.

dave123 take a look here you might respond here.

As mentioned by many in here, this shit bobbed up 10 years ago. Stupid campaigners need a story to start the season so they try to manipulate the dumb campaigners where they can. Just like the Claremont serial killer around Christmas. " they got him " they said. They need to create a stir to create publicity, get people talking, sell news papers, boost tv ratings by campaigners watching the news. It's all bullshit.

Where is stuff about the Claremont serial killer now? Why isn't he behind bars.

All a load of ****en shit.

The thing is lad is that with coke you have to keep having it as it wears off fast from what people say. Granted he could smash it at half time. But then the tolerance would build, he'd get immune to it and then couldn't function without it, which is what happened. You make a fair argument I'll giv you that. But, how many other campaigners and other clubs would have been doing the same thing? You'd be naive to think they wouldn't. It's a known fact that many of players have got on, high quality ones too. Not to mention all the ones we don't know about.

As mentioned by many in here, this shit bobbed up 10 years ago. Stupid campaigners need a story to start the season so they try to manipulate the dumb campaigners where they can. Just like the Claremont serial killer around Christmas. " they got him " they said. They need to create a stir to create publicity, get people talking, sell news papers, boost tv ratings by campaigners watching the news. It's all bullshit.

Where is stuff about the Claremont serial killer now? Why isn't he behind bars.

All a load of ****en shit.
Are you saying the alleged claremont serial killer is out on bail?

I am pretty sure he is still behind bars awaiting trial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't made one comment in regards to players taking drugs. For the most part I couldn't care less.

Like with Essendon, the issue for me is the actions of club officials. The day Cousins missed training and was ultimately sacked, he was tipped off by someone at the club about the presence of drug testers (hence why he didn't show up). Subsequent comments by Cousins make it pretty clear it was a regular occurrence (avoiding testers). The Fletcher episode also shows officials prepared to cover for players.

Now maybe WC players were just incredibly clever when it came to avoiding testers but there's enough anecdotal evidence to suggest club officials were complicit in it. I've even heard claims that a player was taken from the ground in an ambulance as a ruse to avoid testers.

It staggers me that this leaked report shows that players and not officials were the focus of any "investigation".

You'd have to be pretty naive to believe West Coast officials didn't adopt the "whatever it takes" mantra back then.

Why do you care exactly?

Drug use is not an issue but the club covering up drug use is cheating? Cool.

PED positive tests: 0
In-game illicit drugs positive tests: 0
Out of game illicit drugs positive tests: anywhere from 0-80, no player more than 2
Missed drug tests reported by ASADA: 0

I'll take WADAs interpretation over yours. Many recreational drugs are banned and tested on game day (due to their short term PED effects) .

There were no positive results

Not a single positive test on matchday and I am very sure we were targeted during that time.

Even if you accept all of Cousins, Kerr, Hunter, Chick and Fletcher being part of the druggie group - you still have almost 40 players who weren't part of it. Are people thinking Dean Cox and David Wirrpanda were part of the party culture too?

ASADA confirmed they were aware of the rumours surrounding the Eagles in 2006, made an extra effort to target test them on match day as a result and returned zero positive results.

That should be the end of it.
Not a single positive test on matchday and I am very sure we were targeted during that time.

Even if you accept all of Cousins, Kerr, Hunter, Chick and Fletcher being part of the druggie group - you still have almost 40 players who weren't part of it. Are people thinking Dean Cox and David Wirrpanda were part of the party culture too?

Probably confirms my point, it was a drug addiction issue of certain players. It's dissapointing, it wasn't handled great, it doesn't look good, but I don't think it has anything to do with ASADA/bans/stripping of winners

Probably confirms my point, it was a drug addiction issue of certain players. It's dissapointing, it wasn't handled great, it doesn't look good, but I don't think it has anything to do with ASADA/bans/stripping of winners

According to Jeff though the fact that Benny's autobiography said he missed tests and that we just don't know what those players did during that time is enough to strip medals and trophies.

With Elvis Presley and Lord Luton?

He's in prison. Due in court, via video link from PRISON, next week.
Bullshit. I swear it was him. Then he got on the piss with Craig Turley and Drew Banfield after their surf.

The day Cousins missed training and was ultimately sacked, he was tipped off by someone at the club about the presence of drug testers (hence why he didn't show up)
So what you're saying is the club tipped him off to not come into training that day, and then sacked him for not coming into training, and the club refused to act. Cool story bro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back