2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but last year he had some excellent performances in AFL. How can he lose that skill level in 1 off season at 25 years old
A few were very bullish on him at the start of this year. He broke lines (and probably still can) but then the ball still ended up back in opposition hands. Can get away with it for a couple of games but with any continuity he was always going to get found out. Now just a break glass utility until end of year delist.

A few were very bullish on him at the start of this year. He broke lines (and probably still can) but then the ball still ended up back in opposition hands. Can get away with it for a couple of games but with any continuity he was always going to get found out. Now just a break glass utility until end of year delist.
He did have some turnovers last year too but some games he was hitting targets and performing really well. Just very strange he could lose his skill in 1 off season at 25

He did have some turnovers last year too but some games he was hitting targets and performing really well. Just very strange he could lose his skill in 1 off season at 25
Maybe he found some skill for a handful of games last year? Tell you what though we desperately need a line breaking HBF with elite disposal.

What was wrong with the old system? Used to love watching two competitive WAFL teams play each other with a handful of Eagles players running around.

There's no way the benefits of having a stand-alone team are outweighing the negatives at this stage. Players would be much better off simply being allocated to WAFL clubs like they used to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burgiel needs to string together several weeks of just actually playing in a row.

The Eagles felt it was more beneficial to have 2s playing a similar game style and player's similar rolls to the AFL side. Good in theory however hasn't worked weather that's onerous restrictions or a result of the injury crisis the Eagles endured over the last 3 years I'm not sure. Probably a bit of both.

What was wrong with the old system? Used to love watching two competitive WAFL teams play each other with a handful of Eagles players running around.

There's no way the benefits of having a stand-alone team are outweighing the negatives at this stage. Players would be much better off simply being allocated to WAFL clubs like they used to.
Players can play in the position WCE want.

I'm also guessing other teams dont want a player/s that they cant rely on being there every game either.

Because apparently we have to follow what other teams do…. That seems to be the most compelling reason most like to parrot out.

Heaven forbid guys with designs on playing midfield have to be competitive against each other and play on one another….

Lord help drafted guys if they have to spend some time outside the eagles system and have to deal with different team mates and meet new people…

Oh and someone once didn’t get played where the eagles wanted him played so they threw the toys out of the cot…

Take your pick what excuse you want to use.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Because apparently we have to follow what other teams do…. That seems to be the most compelling reason most like to parrot out.

Heaven forbid guys with designs on playing midfield have to be competitive against each other and play on one another….

Lord help drafted guys if they have to spend some time outside the eagles system and have to deal with different team mates and meet new people…

Oh and someone once didn’t get played where the eagles wanted him played so they threw the toys out of the cot…

Yeah I personally can't actually remember any instances of players being played drastically out of position.

I know some players had to play reserves at certain points, but I don't see that as an issue if they aren't up to league standard.

Gov played as a ruck/forward for Claremont before he became an AA defender for us. Didn't seem to be a major issue for his development.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Your selling the club short, at the time they actually decided this was best for development.

There won't be any Eagles VFL/ AFL reserve team for the next 25 years, if at all due to traveling teams and players longevity in the game.

Would you be happy with Oscar Allen coming back through the Beagles and having to fly every 2nd week, sitting on a plane?

Not going to happen unless Doc Emmet Brown, is contracted by the Beagles to redesign the Delorean as a bus.

Yeah I personally can't actually remember any instances of players being played drastically out of position.

I know some players had to play reserves at certain points, but I don't see that as an issue if they aren't up to league standard.

Gov played as a ruck/forward for Claremont before he became an AA defender for us. Didn't seem to be a major issue for his development.

Not sure that’s the best example, Gov didn’t play an AFL game for the three years he was at Claremont, he finally debuted midway through 2014 after the alignment with East Perth kicked in.

The Eagles felt it was more beneficial to have 2s playing a similar game style and player's similar rolls to the AFL side. Good in theory however hasn't worked weather that's onerous restrictions or a result of the injury crisis the Eagles endured over the last 3 years I'm not sure. Probably a bit of both.
Quite simply, part-time WAFL players don't have the capability or capacity to play an AFL system effectively. It just gets picked apart by teams playing a more traditional style (which is one of the pleasures of watching WAFL)

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back