Official Team Thread West Coast Wonders Season 20 Official Team Thread - Congratulations Wooljay, Best & Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Curious to hear EVERYONE's thoughts on this. It may divide a few teammates, but I think it will allow us to get to know each other much better too...

Tomato sauce: fridge or cupboard?

Fridge for mine.
It's supposed to be cupboard then fridge when opened.

It says so on the bottle.

Fridge? Fridge?

Why would you want cold sauce? WHY?

Because it beautifully contrasts the heat of your meal, leaving you with a PERFECT feast. No waiting for that bad boy to cool down, just chuck it straight in your gob! If you have lukewarm tomato sauce - it does nothing to help you in eating your meal. In fact, it makes eating the meal a dangerous feat, as you have to be constantly worried about the bacteria that may have crept into it! It's horrifying.

Because it beautifully contrasts the heat of your meal, leaving you with a PERFECT feast. No waiting for that bad boy to cool down, just chuck it straight in your gob! If you have lukewarm tomato sauce - it does nothing to help you in eating your meal. In fact, it makes eating the meal a dangerous feat, as you have to be constantly worried about the bacteria that may have crept into it! It's horrifying.

I would rather die of a bacterial infection, than eat a beautifully hot pie with cold sauce smothering it!

I would rather die of a bacterial infection, than eat a beautifully hot pie with cold sauce smothering it!

How DARE you? :eek::eek::eek:

And to think I just ate a LOVELY meat pie with LOVELY cold sauce.

Meh.

Honestly, I have zero to little sympathy.

I just don't understand how people haven't realised it's real life trolling.

The more fuss you make of it, the bigger it'll become. The more symbolic spears, the louder it gets.

It's quite sad that the accusation of racism in Australia (and now division in the country) could have possibly been avoided but is now being constantly thrust into the limelight. You can't really do anything but laugh at the irony of it all.

Whatever. Not really the thread for it. Just one of those things where I'm just shaking my head as to how poorly this is being played out and how bad this could become.
It's bullying. It's got to the point where it has now hurt him and if there's a time to stop the disgraceful behaviour, it's now and yet you sit here and have no sympathy for him.

The pressures on these AFL players is beyond ridiculous nowadays. I feel sorry for all of them. People think they're untouchable but all it will take is one player to end his life as a result of mental illness and then people will wake up to just how vulnerable they really are. Sadly, that will be too late already for one person.

And if you sit there and say "He just needs to harden up", then think about would you say that to someone suffering from depression? You can't just tell people to harden up when clearly things have taken their toll.

I have the exact opposite reaction. I feel for Adam, his family and the club.

Whether it's racist or not, that's not the point. The booing has gotten to the point now where Adam is taking time away from the AFL, his job. If that isn't the biggest wake up to all of these bullshit "footy fans" then I don't want to be a footy fan anymore.

He's a champion of the game, an inspirational human and someone who I admire.

It's bullying. It's got to the point where it has now hurt him and if there's a time to stop the disgraceful behaviour, it's now and yet you sit here and have no sympathy for him.

The pressures on these AFL players is beyond ridiculous nowadays. I feel sorry for all of them. People think they're untouchable but all it will take is one player to end his life as a result of mental illness and then people will wake up to just how vulnerable they really are. Sadly, that will be too late already for one person.

And if you sit there and say "He just needs to harden up", then think about would you say that to someone suffering from depression? You can't just tell people to harden up when clearly things have taken their toll.

I have the exact opposite reaction. I feel for Adam, his family and the club.

Whether it's racist or not, that's not the point. The booing has gotten to the point now where Adam is taking time away from the AFL, his job. If that isn't the biggest wake up to all of these bullshit "footy fans" then I don't want to be a footy fan anymore.

He's a champion of the game, an inspirational human and someone who I admire.
I've contested someone's label of Adam Goodes as "weak" and a "coward" for wanting to take time off. I don't believe that at all and I can 100% understand his desire to want to take time off. Booing would affect the player. No doubt.

But the reason I can sit here and have no sympathy is because I personally believe Adam Goodes has perpetuated the situation, as much as the media has, and as much as every booer has.

I have no problem with booing. Not that I would boo in the first place, but if I was, I would personally re-evaluate the decision to boo, because yes, it is obviously personally affecting Adam Goodes.

But that doesn't mean I think Goodes shirks all responsibility for the situation he now sees himself in.

Team sheet will go up tomorrow, guys. Just making sure of it with the leadership group and have to refine some of the planned rotational policies. Keep the banter up - it's what will get you a better position in the line-up in future.

Team sheet will go up tomorrow, guys. Just making sure of it with the leadership group and have to refine some of the planned rotational policies. Keep the banter up - it's what will get you a better position in the line-up in future.
What about bribes;).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The team sheet will go up tonight, fellas. Just a few important things to note first.

Midfield rotation policy: There are 2 relatively set on-ball positions, and they belong to PVF and LicoriceAllsorts at this stage. The third we will be giving a fair few of you a run-through throughout the season. There may be rotations on the wings, as they were fairly sought after - though we try to avoid making too many changes per week. Through active posting, there's a fair chance you will find yourself rewarded with a shot there.

Forward/backline rotation policy: A lot of people stated they wanted to play in the forward line; however, there was a rarity of you who wanted to play in the backline funnily enough. :p There are spots to be filled, so players will be rotated through there and the forward line throughout the year, so don't be too distressed if you start there.

Interchange: Unless people are consistently inactive, the bench probably will not remain the same two weeks in a row throughout the season. It's tough to decide this week, as so many people have been active, but just know if you do end up on there that you'll be off it the following week. Plus, the bench isn't all bad, as you could end up anywhere.

And that's essentially it. If any of you have any questions, let me know. The sheet should go up within the next hour or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back