Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

East have been pathetic all year up forward they have absolutely nothing up there and will not figure any way in shaping the contest. Supposed to be on the way up??
they have been on the way down for a long time now i dont know where that dribble comes from.

http://www.borderwatch.com.au/news/...-rules/max-rooke-heads-back-home/2580858.aspx

Dual AFL premiership player, Max Rooke is going back to where it all began . . . Casterton.
Rooke, who retired at the end of the 2010 AFL season after playing 135 games with Geelong, including the 2007 and 2009 premierships, has agreed to a one-off game with his original club in the Western Border Football League.
And he's bringing three time Brisbane Lions premiership player, Nigel Lappin with him.

Rooke and Lappin will play for Casterton in the Cats Round 9 home game against current WBFL ladder leaders, North Gambier on June 16.

Imperials kicked 34 goals at the weekend while the opposition was not strong that still is a bag of goals maybe a smokey this year. East ans South proved they wont count for much at all as the season goes on!

Is that the same Imperials side that South beat at Melville Oval only 7 days earlier?

Well the SACFL leaks like a sieve. They're targeting Tantanoola and Glencoe for a merger to take pressure off millicent and refocus the catchment area towards mt gambier. Kyby and Border districts to join the horsham district league and the establishment of a central junior league in naracoorte. No info on the wbfl structure but Ive been guaranteed there wont be a divisional comp.
I find it interesting that millicent has one of their long serving footballers on the review panel.

Good win by Millicent on the weekend with both sides missing key players. Portlands depth has been tested with nearly half the under 18's side made up of under 16's but still won by nearly 30 goals in the end.

Kyby and Border districts to join the horsham district league and the establishment of a central junior league in naracoorte.

I don't think the Horsham league sides were that keen on travelling to Edenhope/Apsley when they first proposed joining the HDFL. With Kyby/Borders being even further that might be too far to travel. Plus, I could never see Kyby & Borders merging.

I don't think the Horsham league sides were that keen on travelling to Edenhope/Apsley when they first proposed joining the HDFL. With Kyby/Borders being even further that might be too far to travel. Plus, I could never see Kyby & Borders merging.

Obvious fact here is the wimmera is not part of the review. I cant see any clubs wanting to merge. Hampden obviously believe this review is their saviour but I cant see what the sacfl/vcfl can change that is workable.

the saints, portland game must have been an close affair all day, whilst both sides had injuries it must have been a gr8 effort for millicent seeing portlands depth would be classed as far deeper, yeah ? And for other saints players to step up to the breach, considering goal wise both bennet and milera were kept to the minimum. But did here that when milera did have posession he used it well.

the saints, portland game must have been an close affair all day, whilst both sides had injuries it must have been a gr8 effort for millicent seeing portlands depth would be classed as far deeper, yeah ? And for other saints players to step up to the breach, considering goal wise both bennet and milera were kept to the minimum. But did here that when milera did have posession he used it well.

Portlands depth isn't what it used to be as I said before half the under 18's side was made up of under 16's players. More players are preferring the district leagues over wbfl.

Portlands depth isn't what it used to be as I said before half the under 18's side was made up of under 16's players. More players are preferring the district leagues over wbfl.
Do your research Hoffman. 3 Portland under 18's playing ballarat rebels, 3 playing seniors. Tell me what club in this district has that amount of underage players playing above their normal standard. The only ones gone to district clubs are the ones that are past it and probably wouldn't be getting a game anyhow. Apart from Bell the ones that have gone to Heywood hardly played last year.

Do your research Hoffman. 3 Portland under 18's playing ballarat rebels, 3 playing seniors. Tell me what club in this district has that amount of underage players playing above their normal standard. The only ones gone to district clubs are the ones that are past it and probably wouldn't be getting a game anyhow. Apart from Bell the ones that have gone to Heywood hardly played last year.

Bell is the biggest loss but james imbi played most of the season and winis half. I believe there were about half a dozen under 18's out injured as well plus I think a couple.filled in for millicent....correct me if I'm wrong!!777

Bell is the biggest loss but james imbi played most of the season and winis half. I believe there were about half a dozen under 18's out injured as well plus I think a couple.filled in for millicent....correct me if I'm wrong!!777
Obviously a Portland person with all those FACTS so u must be right.

Players playing above their grade? Well last Saturday Millicent had seven players who could still play under 18's, play A grade, two more played in the reserves. Eight of the under 18 side(out of only 15 unfortunately) play under 16, two more are under 14s. It was a flogging and Portland were sporting to lend some good players, at least there was a game.

@ Mr Finch re "I find it interesting that millicent has one of their long serving footballers on the review panel." I wouldn't read anything into that. If you were on that panel chances are that you played footy somewhere. He also happens to be a director of SACFL and the Sth East director so I guess he's qualified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the SACFL leaks like a sieve. They're targeting Tantanoola and Glencoe for a merger to take pressure off millicent and refocus the catchment area towards mt gambier. Kyby and Border districts to join the horsham district league and the establishment of a central junior league in naracoorte. No info on the wbfl structure but Ive been guaranteed there wont be a divisional comp.
I find it interesting that millicent has one of their long serving footballers on the review panel.

Dont know much about these things but how do they get teams like Tant and Glencoe to merge. Always thought Glencoe was pretty solid. I heard Nangas and the Doo are stuggling.

Dont know much about these things but how do they get teams like Tant and Glencoe to merge. Always thought Glencoe was pretty solid. I heard Nangas and the Doo are stuggling.

Nangwarry has been struggling for junior numbers but east has been helping them out as our junior numbers are pretty good. Look at south with 5 under 12 sides.

Have heard west have picked up between 2 and 7 players from cairns! Left there run a little late, or have these players fell in there hands through the connection with nick Martin? Has anyone else heard of this?

Ive seen two AFL Cairns players listed on the WBFL clearance board not sure of their quality but it wont do them much good at the moment they are really struggling.

went to 2 game sat, one midse and 1 wbfl, saw Pt Mac for a half and like what i saw but umpires are terrible. then went and watch west v east, what a shambles 2 new west recruits would be suited to playing in darwin as they could not handle wet weather. east will only make numbers up if they make finals. west lacked heart yes heart. looks if players only playing for money, young ransom and smith stand outs rest terrible.

lets get onto umpiring, 3 umpires 1 would not pay a decision, other not to bad but how the JE gets to umpire is unbeliveable or he should not do East game a bloddy disgrace abd west didnt help their cause at all.

i dont know what the umpire diredector tells them but maybe he should tape games to help improve them

There is no way Mr Finch, that Tantanoola ...or for that matter anyone else would want to merge with the Glencoe spudheads..Millicent will still struggle though to field 3 sides in the coming years..

Millicent have become cocky posting on their club website that they'll be taking on north gambier in the grand final. They obviously dont rate portland.

I watched North and Millicent on Saturday while Millicent have some quality big men they lack a lot of drive from their smaller running players they will need to improve before becoming a real serious threat IMO.

I watched North and Millicent on Saturday while Millicent have some quality big men they lack a lot of drive from their smaller running players they will need to improve before becoming a real serious threat IMO.

I do agree that they need some more drive from their running players... but they were missing a few on the weekend.. most notably John Agnew... will be a good inclusion if he can overcome his injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back