Western Region Football League Team (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloomfield spends too much time at the moment on the half forward line. His form has tapered off and he is not kicking goals. is a class act but should be given bursts on the ball

Bloomfield would be the only youngster in the comp who gets a genuine tagger each week!!
And more often than not he beats the player he is on.
A standout for rookie of the year i would think!

Bloomfield would be the only youngster in the comp who gets a genuine tagger each week!!
And more often than not he beats the player he is on.
A standout for rookie of the year i would think!

Bloomfield is a middle rung player, I can't imagine why any club would waste a stopper on him, we certainly did not and he would have been lucky to get 5 kicks. Please do not rate him up there with other young talent in our competition.

What is the criteria for the rookie of the year, is it like the AFL you can have played senior footy but under a certain age and amount of games??.

Bloomfield spends too much time at the moment on the half forward line. His form has tapered off and he is not kicking goals. is a class act but should be given bursts on the ball
Maybe Harro who sees him ever week knows he's not upto going on the ball and winning the hard contested ball.

Bloomfield is a middle rung player, I can't imagine why any club would waste a stopper on him, we certainly did not and he would have been lucky to get 5 kicks. Please do not rate him up there with other young talent in our competition.

What is the criteria for the rookie of the year, is it like the AFL you can have played senior footy but under a certain age and amount of games??.

Middle rung player what a joke!
You are obviosuly from colts, and have only seen him play 1 game on a ground that is smaller than a hockey field. Bonnett was actually on him that day and did wear bloomfield like a glove, but dont be potting a young star of the comp when you have only seen him in one game. Would be clear favourite for rookie award! Those comments might come back to bite you :cool:

You are obviosuly from colts, and have only seen him play 1 game on a ground that is smaller than a hockey field. Bonnett was actually on him that day and did wear bloomfield like a glove, but dont be potting a young star of the comp when you have only seen him in one game. Would be clear favourite for rookie award! Those comments might come back to bite you :cool:

Danny Ocean is from Hoppers Crossing mate, he has said so many times don't know why you would say he's obviously from Colts

Just because bloomfield got beaten easily against us, does not mean the colts boys would pot him. He was beaten by a very good player, who has beaten most players he has played on if not all.
Bloomfield looks like a class act and we would definately have a player assigned to him in rd 17 and if we meet in the finals, nothing to bite us on the ass buddy.
Perkins is the best young player in the comp just turned 20 kicked nearly 50 goals and missed a few games and showed alot of courage playing injured in certain games.
Someone said eary that this years young talent is not as good as last year's i disagree, depth wise anyway.

So montebruno wasnt sent to man him up regardless where he lined up?

Danny Ocean is from Hoppers Crossing mate, he has said so many times don't know why you would say he's obviously from Colts

My mistake and should have asked where danny was from first, I was wrong and have a red face now.
I said that because the game he played against the colts was the worst game he has played for the year. I think danny might be a little jealous that bloomfield is not playing at hoppers considering thats where he lives. He is a better young player than anyone his age at hoppers by a MILE!

Just because bloomfield got beaten easily against us, does not mean the colts boys would pot him. He was beaten by a very good player, who has beaten most players he has played on if not all.
Bloomfield looks like a class act and we would definately have a player assigned to him in rd 17 and if we meet in the finals, nothing to bite us on the ass buddy.
Perkins is the best young player in the comp just turned 20 kicked nearly 50 goals and missed a few games and showed alot of courage playing injured in certain games.
Someone said eary that this years young talent is not as good as last year's i disagree, depth wise anyway.

Correct.

Bloomfield has been a fantastic player all year, was beaten against the colts by a very good player who has a lot more expieriance in senior footy then shaydon, Danny Ocean don't you remember round 4 at hoppers crossing? Bloomfield was Albion's best in one of the cats worst games for the year. That's why use had him tagged in the last hit out correct me if I'm wrong??
Also agree that perkins is the best under 21 year old playing in the wrfl apart from bloomfield who I see everyweek & see do a great job everyweek.

My mistake and should have asked where danny was from first, I was wrong and have a red face now.
I said that because the game he played against the colts was the worst game he has played for the year. I think danny might be a little jealous that bloomfield is not playing at hoppers considering thats where he lives. He is a better young player than anyone his age at hoppers by a MILE!

we wouldn't want a bloke of his type at our club and please don't ask what i mean by that, you should know. I'm pretty sure Hoppers have had the rookie of the year twice in the last couple of years if I'm not mistaken.

we wouldn't want a bloke of his type at our club and please don't ask what i mean by that, you should know. I'm pretty sure Hoppers have had the rookie of the year twice in the last couple of years if I'm not mistaken.
Perkins should have won it last year, and i think even non Colts people would agree.

Yeah of course you wouldnt, you sound like a really intelligent footy observer if you really believe you wouldnt have bloomfield at hoppers. Get realistic danny, the more you post the more you degrade yourself on here :thumbsdown:

Keep potting him, it will come back to bite you wait and see.

Tedesco is'nt a top 5 first year player.

Bloomfield is clearly the best rookie.
Then you got blokes like Dumbelton at Spotty, Josh Raffery from Altona.

Last year I thought Jace Perkins should of won it, the youth of last year is better then first year players this year.
Bloomfield Yes. Dumbleton Yes.Josh Rafferty give us a spell mate.To Tedescos credit he has managed to come straight out of under 18s into arguably one of the strongest teams in the WRFL for some time and not only hold his place but contribute to that side.Ditto Dumbleton at Spotty.Rafferty would not be able to do this at Colts,Spotty or Hoppers so i wouldnt down play any young player who has made a mark at one of the stronger clubs in comparison to bumping up one of your mates from a pretty ordinary team.Bloomfield and Dumbleton top 5 whos the rest ?

Think the albion/spotty game tomorrow will be very close encounter.
Spotty will be missing their whole williamstown listed players.
Great opportunity for the cats to try and get themselves a top 3 positions
MY TIP DRAW

couldnt agree more that bloomfield is probably favourite 2 win rookie of the year, but it seems yous have forgotten the likes of sims from st.albans who ive seen in the best most weeks, pace from altona who has also been good... interested to hear every1s thoughts on sims and Dumbleton to blokes who have spent time in the jets program

Quote from WolfGang
Bloomfield and Dumbleton top 5 whos the rest ?

You said top 5 so how about Tim Jenkins from St Albans, i don't know what the criteria is for rookie of the year but i do know he is 21. I also think he might be in the top 5 for Barry Priest medal.

You said top 5 so how about Tim Jenkins from St Albans, i don't know what the criteria is for rookie of the year but i do know he is 21. I also think he might be in the top 5 for Barry Priest medal.

If Jenkins is qualified I would give him the nod just ahead of Bloomfield. I have only seen both of them play once but they were both very impressive.

From an Altona perspective I would say three of out best performed kids are Cross at FB, Barnaby HB/BP and Pace as a mid. All 18 years old, and all performing very well regardless of opposition.

Perkins is up there. Dumbleton is not bad either. In all seriousness though, can someone explain to me why Bloomfield is rated so highly? I've seen him twice now, and apart from kicking two very good goals at Albion, really didn't think much of him.

From an Altona perspective I would say three of out best performed kids are Cross at FB, Barnaby HB/BP and Pace as a mid. All 18 years old, and all performing very well regardless of opposition.

Perkins is up there. Dumbleton is not bad either. In all seriousness though, can someone explain to me why Bloomfield is rated so highly? I've seen him twice now, and apart from kicking two very good goals at Albion, really didn't think much of him.

I was impressed with Barnaby when we played Altona a few weeks back. He looks about 15. How old is he?

Quote from WolfGang
Bloomfield and Dumbleton top 5 whos the rest ?

I guess if Tim Jenkins was playing for a top 5 side, we would have heard his name a great deal more. Definately a contender for Barry Priest and if he qualifies ROTY he would feature in that as well.

What about Young from west, he has never played senior footy before this year and is only 19?

Think the albion/spotty game tomorrow will be very close encounter.
Spotty will be missing their whole williamstown listed players.
Great opportunity for the cats to try and get themselves a top 3 positions
MY TIP DRAW

.....massive game for the Cats but we do have the cattle to take it up to the Woodsmen even if the listed players were playing.

Cats by 10pts.

FlyingHigh where are you?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back