What are you watching No. 3 🎥🎦🎬

Remove this Banner Ad

Just re-watching the movie Yesterday.
I forgot the bit where he's frantically typing in Beatles related stuff on google and only getting Beetles. He tries ....Rolling Stones...still there...Childish Gambino...still there..
Oasis...gone! I missed that 1st time around.
Hilarious😂

Last edited:
I am rewatching the Fear street trilogy.

Went gangbusters on first watch (with part 1 being an ode to slashers from the 2000's, part 2 being an ode to slashers from the 1980's, and part 3 being a recontextualisation of all of it and a very modern horror masterpiece) but I want to see how all of it goes on second viewing.

3 Body Problem looks very promising. Made by the Game of Thrones people. Again from a complex book series.

1st ep, setting the scene, starting from the Chinese Cultural Revolution. Its a sci-fi. Netflix

Last edited:
3 Body Problem looks very promising. Made by the Game of Thrones people. Again from a complex book series.

1st ep, setting the scene, starting from the Chinese Cultural Revolution. Its a sci-fi. Netflix
Books are grouse, provided you're into a) high concept sci fi, and b) genuine, bone shattering, nightmare inducing horror.

I'm not talking the horror that makes you jump; I'm talking the s**t that'll have you awake at night from the pure idea of it.

Cixan Liu is a genius.

Last edited:
Books are grouse, provided you're into a) high concept sci fi, and b) genuine, bone shattering, nightmare inducing horror.

I'm not talking the horror that makes you jump; I'm talking the s**t that'll have you awake at night from the pure idea of it.

Liu Cixan is a genius.
Righteo.
Will skip this one.😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Righteo.
Will skip this one.😂
If i can possibly make a suggestion?

Do not skip this one at all.

I've watched to Episode 7, and this is quite possibly the most life-affirming thing I've ever watched. It takes the sunset to allow one to truly appreciate to the fullest depth a sunrise's glory.

There's some pretty... dark stuff in here, but without it the struggle to maintain life isn't so meaningful.

For the bugs.

Last edited:
Does this thread extend to live shows? The Melbourne International Comedy Festival is currently on, be interested to hear any reviews.

I've been to:
Ivan Aristeguieta - Venezuelan Australian. His set mostly centers on adapting to his life in Oz. Very entertaining, warm comedy. Had a brief chat with him after the show, really nice bloke.
Melanie Bracewell - Kiwi comedian, has featured on shows like "Have you been paying attention". Show is about chasing down a lost/stolen airpods. Might not sound like much, but it's very funny. She'd also make a great ruck for our AFLW side, so tall!
Rose Matafeo - another Kiwi, really well established, has been on UK Taskmaster. Saw her same night as Melanie, our Kiwi-gal night out. Mostly a relationship-based set. Very polished performer.
Daniel Connell - saw him tonight. Australian, doesn't have the profile of many of the bigger names, but I've seen him perform a few times now, and really rate him. Highly recommend, plenty of laugh out loud moments.

Overall, been very happy with MICF this year, would recommend all of the above. Have another half-dozen or so to see yet over the coming couple of weeks. Get out and see a show or two if you can, I love Melbourne at this time of year, has such a great atmosphere.

Has anyone been watching the new release on Netflix ‘3 Body Problem’ & if so, worth watching?
I loved it, but bear in mind that there's a significant chance they - Netflix - won't finish it.

It's based on a 3 book series that covers - chronologically - events from the 1940's through to the end of time itself. It's hard sci-fi, and I've genuinely no idea how they're going to accomplish season 2.

They did a fair job with season 1, glossing over the science parts. You can do it if you want, but can you deal with incomplete stories?

If there weren't books to tell me how the story ends, I wouldn't be.

The Menu, for like the 10th time.
I didn't finish it once. Absolutely hated it and didn't realise what was going to happen. Was quite a shock.
I need uplifting stuff in my downtime.
But this does seem to appeal to many people. Is there something in particular you are drawn to? 😃

I didn't finish it once. Absolutely hated it and didn't realise what was going to happen. Was quite a shock.
I need uplifting stuff in my downtime.
But this does seem to appeal to many people. Is there something in particular you are drawn to? 😃
I enjoy horror movies from the first instance and I'm pretty 'eat the rich' from the second, so The Menu is a pretty easy fit for me.

There's something about this film as the just leavings from the working class that leaves me feeling as though every victim of the chef in this film absolutely deserved what they got, if that makes sense.

Does this thread extend to live shows? The Melbourne International Comedy Festival is currently on, be interested to hear any reviews.

I've been to:
Ivan Aristeguieta - Venezuelan Australian. His set mostly centers on adapting to his life in Oz. Very entertaining, warm comedy. Had a brief chat with him after the show, really nice bloke.
Melanie Bracewell - Kiwi comedian, has featured on shows like "Have you been paying attention". Show is about chasing down a lost/stolen airpods. Might not sound like much, but it's very funny. She'd also make a great ruck for our AFLW side, so tall!
Rose Matafeo - another Kiwi, really well established, has been on UK Taskmaster. Saw her same night as Melanie, our Kiwi-gal night out. Mostly a relationship-based set. Very polished performer.
Daniel Connell - saw him tonight. Australian, doesn't have the profile of many of the bigger names, but I've seen him perform a few times now, and really rate him. Highly recommend, plenty of laugh out loud moments.

Overall, been very happy with MICF this year, would recommend all of the above. Have another half-dozen or so to see yet over the coming couple of weeks. Get out and see a show or two if you can, I love Melbourne at this time of year, has such a great atmosphere.

I've seen:
Fern Brady
Rhy Nicholson
Shitfaced Shakespeare (which was an abridged version of Macbeth, where one of the actors was drunk).

All hilarious. Will try to go to a bunch more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back