Competition "What if" Wednesday's: Week 4 - Port Adelaide Raiders

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to Week 4 of...
77889_c345061166a9fe79142e200f7905f5bf.png
Each Wednesday (most likely not) a non-existing team that has been known in the AFL world as a proposition or a former team will have a spot in the 2015 AFL Season.
Each comp will run for 1 week and the poll will run for 1 week. The winner picks the next team in the list below

Your job is to produce a:
  • Home kit
  • Away kit (Home jumper with white shorts is acceptable) or Clash kit or Heritage kit or Other kit
  • Club Logo
This week we ask....

WIWWeek4.png

RULES (Read Carefully):
  • Kits and Logo must be in 1 picture
  • The kits consist of a Jumper, Shorts and Socks. Anything missing and the entry won't be in the poll.
  • Minimum 2 kits and there's no limit to how many kits you can include after that
    eg. Home and Away and/or Clash and/or Heritage and/or Other
  • Maximum 2 entries per person
  • For the former teams I'll allow the use of the last jumper design the club used only once (Opens the door for that modern creativity)
  • For the proposed teams Directly copying a kit (Colours and design) of any team is disallowed
  • Do not use logos or jumper artwork that is being used or has been used by the club before
  • Any other questions will be answered

List of teams (BOLD - Done, Italics - In Use)
Former
  • University
  • Brisbane Bears
  • Fitzroy Lions
Proposed
  • Sydney Lions
  • Melbourne Hawks
  • Melbourne Lions
  • North Fitzroy Kangaroos
  • Fitzroy Bulldogs
  • Tasmanian team
  • Sydney Celtics
  • Fremantle
    • Union
    • Courage
    • Dolphins
    • Hammers
    • Stokers
    • Mariners
  • Fremantle Sharks (East Fremantle and South Fremantle merger)
  • Greater Western Sydney
    • Pride
    • Wolves
    • Stallions
  • Norwood-Sturt merger for AFL spot
  • Adelaide
    • Lakers
    • Sharks
    • Falcons
    • Rams
  • Port Adelaide
    • Raiders
    • Pirates
    • Mariners
    • Sharks
  • Gold Coast
    • Stingrays
    • Marlins
    • Lifesavers
    • Ironmen
  • Gold Coast Kangaroos merger

Any others I missed? Feel free to add them in.

WIW--HonourRoll.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the logo is slightly different to the current power logo as the colours are different and it says raiders not power, as for my guernseys i just crossed power guernseys with a random bolt design
But he wants to know why is there a lightning bolt if they're the raiders

no idea i wasnt to sure what a raiders design had as i googled searched but didnt really find anything that worked well with power
It doesn't need to be power. It can be anything.

Surely the idea of this como is to come up with something that is not related to what they wear or have already worn? Look at pie machine's, it isn't anything like what they've had and is aimed at a "new" club that would've been formed.

The Fitzroy-Melbourne merger one was alright as it was something that was designed to incorporate parts of already existing clubs, this one is meant to be a brand new club that was created had Port not gone with the Power moniker

Surely the idea of this como is to come up with something that is not related to what they wear or have already worn? Look at pie machine's, it isn't anything like what they've had and is aimed at a "new" club that would've been formed.

The Fitzroy-Melbourne merger one was alright as it was something that was designed to incorporate parts of already existing clubs, this one is meant to be a brand new club that was created had Port not gone with the Power moniker
I've been thinking about that. Like that port logo would not have existed if they came in with a different name but the prison bars were always there

New rule: Only artwork that exists in the given time period can be used for the certain club
eg. the Port Adelaide Power logo and all Power themed jumpers would not exist if they came in with a different name.

I've been thinking about that. Like that port logo would not have existed if they came in with a different name but the prison bars were always there

New rule: Only artwork that exists in the given time period can be used for the certain club
eg. the Port Adelaide Power logo and all Power themed jumpers would not exist if they came in with a different name.
Why not just make the rule: Do not use logos or jumper artwork that is being used or has been used by the club before.

This rule could be waived slightly when mergers are the weekly comp

Sort of. It's not based on the present Port Adelaide, but it has some basis in the past. The top half of the jumper is essentially the same as the prison bars, and the overall layout of the jumper is partially inspired by the original Port Power jumper. The logo is an obvious reference to the Oakland/LA Raiders, which were at the peak of their popularity in the late 80s/early 90s (largely thanks to NWA), so it could be believed that an Australian marketing team in the mid-to-late 90s would base a football club on that. But it's definitely not related to Port Adelaide Power as they exist today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back