What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon look like they're just not interested in playing or don't want to put the effort in. Did Stringer do something again to separate the playing group like he did at the dogs, or is it Worsfold has lost the players.

Essendon look like they're just not interested in playing or don't want to put the effort in. Did Stringer do something again to separate the playing group like he did at the dogs, or is it Worsfold has lost the players.
I was wondering that myself. Especially as they got going when he went off injured for a while. Probably nothing but it did cross my mind.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He was going through a dark patch and struggling with some mental issues, at the very least anxiety. Give him a break. He bled for us.

On ONEPLUS A3010 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The 'home' thing at Geelong just gets on my nerves. It's just garbage especially for players from Victorian clubs.

The 'home' thing at Geelong just gets on my nerves. It's just garbage especially for players from Victorian clubs.
I don't think he ever once said that he didn't enjoy playing because he missed home? He just wasn't enjoying footy, which is understandable given the whole team went to s**t after the high of the grand final and the external pressures. He said the lure of home, as in the team he grew up supporting and loving as a kid was a factor in picking Geelong, nothing to do with "home sickness" He was down because he wasn't enjoying footy, not because he missed home less than an hour down the road.

I don't think he ever once said that he didn't enjoy playing because he missed home? He just wasn't enjoying footy, which is understandable given the whole team went to s**t after the high of the grand final and the external pressures. He said the lure of home, as in the team he grew up supporting and loving as a kid was a factor in picking Geelong, nothing to do with "home sickness" He was down because he wasn't enjoying footy, not because he missed home less than an hour down the road.

He’s a Leopold boy but barracked for the bombers. Him returning is not as romantic as some like to make out. It was a good commercial deal as well as a fresh start. It’s turning out to be a win win for both parties.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s a Leopold boy but barracked for the bombers. Him returning is not as romantic as some like to make out. It was a good commercial deal as well as a fresh start. It’s turning out to be a win win for both parties.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
My bad, the way he speaks and uses certain words, you can be forgiven for thinking he supported the Cats growing up. Didn't realize he was a Bombers fan.

I was wondering that myself. Especially as they got going when he went off injured for a while. Probably nothing but it did cross my mind.

Maybe it was when he was mouthing off at his team mates in the 3rd art for not passing the ball to him

Essendon and Stringer a marriage made in heaven, they deserve each other

Re Essendon - probably wrong thread but they have ruined their forward line to accomodate stringer who is a nothing player.
He is not a small, not a tall and cannot rotate through the middle, has no defensive pressure. His goals look good when he kicks them but they all count as 6 points.
He has pushed out Stewart. I would take him in a heartbeat. He would have lost value as well because he is no longer picked for AFL.

It certainly feels like they’re paving the way for the return of the golden boy. The wheels seem to be well and truly in motion... players, media etc...

Re Essendon - probably wrong thread but they have ruined their forward line to accomodate stringer who is a nothing player.
He is not a small, not a tall and cannot rotate through the middle, has no defensive pressure. His goals look good when he kicks them but they all count as 6 points.
He has pushed out Stewart. I would take him in a heartbeat. He would have lost value as well because he is no longer picked for AFL.
Wouldn't say that at all. He still has the potential to be one of the top 5 players in the league. Not sure what happened post 2015, but if he can recapture anything close to that he certainly isn't a nothing player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going to criticize Dahlhaus for not enjoying his footy, but the club (and Bob, who voiced it) is now vindicated in their assessment that he wasn’t nearly as motivated as 2016 and earlier. Makes his outburst last year even more ridiculous.

It's the whole Lake scenario all over again.

However, what both of them forget is they were part of the 'problems' they were getting away from. Suddenly they arrive at another club, pull their finger out and surprise, surprise, they perform better. Amazing.

Not going to criticize Dahlhaus for not enjoying his footy, but the club (and Bob, who voiced it) is now vindicated in their assessment that he wasn’t nearly as motivated as 2016 and earlier. Makes his outburst last year even more ridiculous.

The problem is we seem to have a lot of players we can’t motivate, Higgins, Stringer, Dahl, even Roughy, what are we doing wrong?

The problem is we seem to have a lot of players we can’t motivate, Higgins, Stringer, Dahl, even Roughy, what are we doing wrong?

Libba seems to have gotten the message. So too Dahlhaus and Stringer, but after being punted. Given there are 40 odd other players on the list that don’t seem to have that problem, I think these instances were on the individuals.

You have to wonder why it was that some players became demotivated AT OUR CLUB. What feedback was given to them that didn't encourage them? Look at clubs where very good players just hang in there no matter how badly the team is doing, they try and try every week in spite of lack of success. I'd hate to think players like Dahl, Rough, etc would just give up because they weren't winning every week.

It certainly feels like they’re paving the way for the return of the golden boy. The wheels seem to be well and truly in motion... players, media etc...

True. Definately putting the feelers out there.

However, to quote you, "wheels seem to be well and truly in motion... players, media etc.." - isn't that what they were doing preseason re: 2019 ascendance into true contenders? Hmmm, that ain't worked so well so far, lol! ;)

What a human.

HEROIC Western Bulldogs backman Dale Morris has revealed the extraordinary lengths he's going to as he attempts a miraculous recovery from a serious knee injury, including consuming one litre of bone broth a day.
The catch is, he has no idea if it's working, and won't for about six weeks.
After rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee at training in mid-March, the 36-year-old opted to avoid surgery, as he did last year when he had a similar injury in the opposite knee.
His leg is kept in a brace that keeps it straight and the 2008 All Australian explained why when speaking to Channel Seven.
FULL INJURY LIST Who's ruled out and who's a test?
"The knee is in the perfect position. The brace holds it all there," Morris said.
"There's a lot of fluid in the knee and for the ACL to heal you want the blood clots to form and to be able to scar up, to heal, to strengthen the ACL.
"If you move your knee, it kind of washes all those blood clots out. To lock it in place gives it the best opportunity to heal."
His wife Gemma is making bucket loads of chicken and turkey broths, and Morris is aiming to consume one litre per day. It's all part of the healing process.
"You boil the bones down and all the ligaments and cartilage and bone marrow all goes into this soup. You take the bones and the meat out, boil it down into this gelatinous substance and that's great for your body to heal," Morris said.
"It's good for your body anyway, but even more so for healing ligaments and good for joints.
"When I found out I'd done my ACL, after I rang her and you have your little cry on the phone - 'why me' sort of thing - you look at what's next.
"She goes 'I'm going to go home and I'm going to cook you the biggest pot of bone broth you've ever seen, and you're going to drink it and you're going to get better'."
In around 10 days time, Morris will be allowed to bend his knee 30 degrees.
Whether the efforts he and his wife have put in are rewarded remains to be seen.

"It's all unknown. I don't know if this is healing. I don't know if this is getting better," Morris said.
"I think it is and I'm hoping it is and I'm sending out all those positive vibes that it's healing, but there's no guarantees with what we're doing."
If the knee is not getting better, going under the knife might be necessary.
This type of recovery method is rarely used, but the Bulldogs had a test case before last year's situation with Morris.
Daniel Giansiracusa suffered a partially torn ACL in his right knee in December 2007, returned for round one, played every game that season and didn't retire until 2014.
Morris wants to follow that example.
"Hopefully this can heal and I'll get back," Morris said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back