What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet if Hogan was nursing an AC joint injury he'd have his feet up in Scarborough sinking Emu Export.

And I bet double what you have that if Hogan wanted to come to the Dogs that there would be an epic turnaround in your opinion.

I like how on the coach ripped into Stringer and King conceded he was wrong in Stringer vs Hogan... Even though Hogan has kicked one goal in the last month.

I'm taking Jake over Mr attitude all day.
I'm not silly enough to deny that Hogan is maybe a fraction "hotter right now" because Stringers form has been abysmal.

But when the blokes already an all Australian and even in a crap year has won his team games in 10 minute stretches, and can genuinely do anything from anywhere, I'm surprised he's not rated a bit higher.

Hopefully he turns his form around and catches a few more people's eyes

I'm not silly enough to deny that Hogan is maybe a fraction "hotter right now" because Stringers form has been abysmal.

But when the blokes already an all Australian and even in a crap year has won his team games in 10 minute stretches, and can genuinely do anything from anywhere, I'm surprised he's not rated a bit higher.

Hopefully he turns his form around and catches a few more people's eyes
Jake has been smashed by everyone in the media the last fortnight, I haven't heard one person besides Matty Lloyd criticise Hogan. He has had a just as crap spell. Their years aren't too dissimilar.

8S7mNR7.png

Marks are the only difference.

Stringer's going to end up kicking 40 or so goals in a season everyone seems to be describing as a disaster. All while the last third of the year he has been playing with basically one arm.

Not bad.

And I bet double what you have that if Hogan wanted to come to the Dogs that there would be an epic turnaround in your opinion.
Sure, I've never said a bad word about any of our players, and every opposition player I've ever criticised would have the slate wiped clean if they requested a trade to us. :huh:

Since injuring his shoulder Jake has soldiered on for his undermanned side despite clearly still being impaired and has managed to contribute a goal in each of his outings since returning.

In the same period Melbourne have been flying but their star forward Jesse Hogan has gone missing, averaging less possessions than Jake and owning a goal drought that will be over a month long by this weekend. That's right, Hogan hasn't kicked a goal since the 17th of July.

Yet the media narrative is that arrogant Stringer doesn't give a s**t and isn't trying and superstar and all round good guy Jesse Hogan has clearly overtaken the All Australian. The sad thing is that some of our fans have bought into this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stringer was still lazy before the ac injury but since then he's become less productive, I still think he has at least as much talent as Bont but only a fraction of his effort and intensity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back