Where is the 2010 VAYSAR NAIDOC Carnival this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure where. We got the perfect venue except for the Sporties in the Middle of it. The three grounds at Moama are all nice and green. And flat too.

Last i heard it was gonna be at Robinvale, But i'm not a hundred percent sure. . . . . .

Hey morgs (lol) i thought the council over there cracked it the last time the carnival was in moama???

I reckon the best carnival i've been to would have been a toss up between Moama and Hamilton. Moama just edgeing out the latter because of better facilities.

if its in robinvale or mildura, you can almost gurantee that not many teams will show up, just look at past events up that way...:rolleyes:

it's the same with when it was in bairnsdale in 04, too far for teams to travel. the standard will drop further down again...its in a bad state the old carnival and it needs some reviving again.

if its in robinvale or mildura, you can almost gurantee that not many teams will show up, just look at past events up that way...:rolleyes:

it's the same with when it was in bairnsdale in 04, too far for teams to travel. the standard will drop further down again...its in a bad state the old carnival and it needs some reviving again.

Why they just dont have it Moama is beyond me. One little drama and you will never get back in Echuca-Moama is a Joke. Regardless of the Sporties being there at lest it can be controlled. Last year there was a Bottleshop straight across the road from the Carnival. Dont know how many people I saw coming out of there heading across the road. JOKE. Hard to find. Needs to be in a country area. Echuca Bendigo Shepparton are all central enough from most place in Vic and ideal.

Moama/Shepparton/Ballarat/Geelong and Melb are the spots for the carnival. its alot easier for teams to travel to and i think Vaysar and the other governing bodies could chase up funds to help teams cover acc/travel/food etc...it just makes more sense and the vibe at those carnivals and quality has been good in the past. i think if they dont start making some inroads to improve it, you will find that alot of communities/teams wont bother showing up and the standard/quality will drop dramatically....:mad:

Moama/Shepparton/Ballarat/Geelong and Melb are the spots for the carnival. its alot easier for teams to travel to and i think Vaysar and the other governing bodies could chase up funds to help teams cover acc/travel/food etc...it just makes more sense and the vibe at those carnivals and quality has been good in the past. i think if they dont start making some inroads to improve it, you will find that alot of communities/teams wont bother showing up and the standard/quality will drop dramatically....:mad:

g'day boys i'd have to agree with people travelling to mildura i know its a long distance from say gippsland way and heywood also but i would like to see it in sunraysia one day, as for appropriate location and facilities i think it would be hard as that time of year is when cricket season starts up and the cricket clubs get greedy and very protective over there grounds surfice......

from a coomi perspective on travelling i think its great for our boys to get out of town and meet new people and experience palying against other talented indigenous players in footabll and netball and also if the carnival is in melb/geel it gives our teams a chance to explore and see cities and attractions.

in saying all that i know mildura have put in to have it this year and is being pushed hard by my cousin rudolf kirby so who know's guys we might see you mob up in sunny sunraysia that time of year........;);)

g'day boys i'd have to agree with people travelling to mildura i know its a long distance from say gippsland way and heywood also but i would like to see it in sunraysia one day, as for appropriate location and facilities i think it would be hard as that time of year is when cricket season starts up and the cricket clubs get greedy and very protective over there grounds surfice......

from a coomi perspective on travelling i think its great for our boys to get out of town and meet new people and experience palying against other talented indigenous players in footabll and netball and also if the carnival is in melb/geel it gives our teams a chance to explore and see cities and attractions.

in saying all that i know mildura have put in to have it this year and is being pushed hard by my cousin rudolf kirby so who know's guys we might see you mob up in sunny sunraysia that time of year........;);)

Warma (Echuca) would have no issue with heading to Mildura for the carnival we actually supported going there for along time, as for the Gippy sides I dont think so which takes away and thins out the talent pool. I think the Idea was to hold the State Wide Carnival every two Years to feed into the State Side to play in the Charles Perkins National And then the Aboriginal All Stars at the Australian Country Championships which are in Canberra this year. This would save communities money to attend as it can be anywhere and teams have two years to save.

This then opens the doors for a more regionalised Carnival Say A Murray River Championships Every two years in between thus giving communities like Mildura and Commi to have a Carnival with only teams within there region les travel etc.

Wouldnt want it in Melbourne again, 2005, 2008 and 2009 since Dandenong is pretty much an outer suburb of Melbourne. I think Bendigo would be a great area to have it, not sure what their venues are like with close grounds and netball courts. Geelong would also be good, it was meant to be there in 2009 but not sure what happened?... No matter where it is Melboure, Bendigo, Geelong, Balarat, Robinvale, Mildura or Bairnsdale! the STARS will be there to attempt 6 in a row!!

Wouldnt want it in Melbourne again, 2005, 2008 and 2009 since Dandenong is pretty much an outer suburb of Melbourne. I think Bendigo would be a great area to have it, not sure what their venues are like with close grounds and netball courts. Geelong would also be good, it was meant to be there in 2009 but not sure what happened?... No matter where it is Melboure, Bendigo, Geelong, Balarat, Robinvale, Mildura or Bairnsdale! the STARS will be there to attempt 6 in a row!!

Ballarat look the Fav's to get the Carnival this year. Have been told will be in a country area. Mildura also keen but need a date change, which wont happen. Gippsland next in line. Bairnsdale or Morwell the likely hosts. Start saving now guys.

Ballarat will be good, i played in the 98 carnival, when we (stars) beat dandenong by about 27 goals. It has great facilities and the grounds were very good and there is heaps of accommodation and they put on a very good carnival last time. if its in morwell or bairnsdale, i have FREE ACCOMMODATION, so its a win/win for me..lol..:D

Ballarat will be good, i played in the 98 carnival, when we (stars) beat dandenong by about 27 goals. It has great facilities and the grounds were very good and there is heaps of accommodation and they put on a very good carnival last time. if its in morwell or bairnsdale, i have FREE ACCOMMODATION, so its a win/win for me..lol..:D

Have had it on good authority that Mildura have overcome the obstacles that stood in there way to host the Carnival in the past and Mildura here Warma come.

well i dont think that there will be many teams then. like i said in an earlier post, the standard is dropping regardless of the location and it will continue to drop in the future. unless they change it to every 2nd year and get regions to play each other in off year, it will continue to decline. its sad, but its reality i guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well i dont think that there will be many teams then. like i said in an earlier post, the standard is dropping regardless of the location and it will continue to drop in the future. unless they change it to every 2nd year and get regions to play each other in off year, it will continue to decline. its sad, but its reality i guess.

The reaction here has been something of along the lines of: " What, in Mildura, might give it a miss this year" Talking to blokes Im finding it hard to get any that are real keen on going to Mildura to play in a Carnival. And the Co-op's reaction was along the same lines. Better start fundraiseing now then Guys.

good for the mildura community to get it. but it is going to be a logistical nightmare! it would be the same if it was in bairnsdale, just too far and i think that afew teams will be of the we will sit out this year.

it just costs to much money now for teams to travel, even 2-3 hrs is becoming a problem for people. i am glad i dont play in the carnivals anymore, i dont think i would travel up that way. after being involved with footy here in shepp, you just cant wait to have a break after the season. looks like it will be out of you fellas damo, Warma and Coomi. you lads might just win one now, i dont think alot of the stars boys will travel up that way and it will be interesting seeing which teams dont go and what there reasons are. i think that money will be a major pain for most communities now, unless you can fund raise or get private sponsorship, it will be to hard for families to attend.

Have had it on good authority that Mildura have overcome the obstacles that stood in there way to host the Carnival in the past and Mildura here Warma come.
just heard from a reliable source that it may be in morwell/traralgon area. the committee down that way have got some big backers financially and i heard that this is appealing to the vaysar mob. loy yang power station, eastern pipeline, latrobe city council etc....mmm...that will be very interesting. i know for a fact that money wont be an issue down there, especially with our mining rights and pipeline etc, maybe this may sway the vaysar committee? have you heard any more damo? i just got this info from a couple of cousins on facebook and there committes that they have set up down that way.

just heard from a reliable source that it may be in morwell/traralgon area. the committee down that way have got some big backers financially and i heard that this is appealing to the vaysar mob. loy yang power station, eastern pipeline, latrobe city council etc....mmm...that will be very interesting. i know for a fact that money wont be an issue down there, especially with our mining rights and pipeline etc, maybe this may sway the vaysar committee? have you heard any more damo? i just got this info from a couple of cousins on facebook and there committes that they have set up down that way.

Haven't had anymore news in this issue, I dont think Mildura is it though. Ballarat location wise is favoured I believe by at least one Board member I know. But its only one the other six might go with Gippy. It wont worry us were they play it, we'll turn up in Antarctica if it was played there. We would find a way.

Haven't had anymore news in this issue, I dont think Mildura is it though. Ballarat location wise is favoured I believe by at least one Board member I know. But its only one the other six might go with Gippy. It wont worry us were they play it, we'll turn up in Antarctica if it was played there. We would find a way.
hahaha, well if its in the valley, i will let you guys know where to stay and some info on the grounds. it is usually wet around that time of the year, so it would fell like it. will it be another train trip for the boys this time around?

hey guys just wonderin g if anyone heard anything yet as to where the carnival is???? been abit quiet last nmonth or so???

g'days blokes

speaking of funding from what we here up here in sunraysia is that the carnival is in ballarat this yr? if so who can we see to get some addtional funding to help our teams get down that way? cause trying to get x amount of dollars every yr is hard in some place especially when you have different spondsers every yr who arnt willing to put in enough money...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back