Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEvil_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As we approach end game, what do people think the final fallout will be? Where will Hird leave Essendon?
My view:
Hird - only the most delusional would think Hird can survive as coach of Essendon, I think he will leave football altogether.
Thompson - perhaps a coaching position somewhere else if his heart's still in it.
Little - gone with most of the Essendon board, save perhaps Madden.
Players - will serve a reduced sentence, eventual lawsuits against EFC over the next decade.
Supporters - about 30% will leave with Hird.

hqdefault.jpg

My tip:
Board - Stability is crucial at this point. We're a way off.
Players - I don't see massive penalties coming (2-6 months max) if the SCN's stand. We will lose a few (looking mainly like your stock standard opportunity seekers other than Ryder)
Coach - I really don't know. There is a reason Bomber actually went on holiday. What that reason is is anyone's guess.
Off Field - Redemption of past sins is required in the AFL world. You would hope we go back to running a tight ship.
On Field - We have list issues now, regardless of being worried about a mass walkout. Ruck depth and a key forward, plus a small or two, and pace are required.

2015 - If we can close the gap on the losses under 2-4 goals we had this year, 3rd-6th.

My tip:
Board - Stability is crucial at this point. We're a way off.
Players - I don't see massive penalties coming (2-6 months max) if the SCN's stand. We will lose a few (looking mainly like your stock standard opportunity seekers other than Ryder)
Coach - I really don't know. There is a reason Bomber actually went on holiday. What that reason is is anyone's guess.
Off Field - Redemption of past sins is required in the AFL world. You would hope we go back to running a tight ship.
On Field - We have list issues now, regardless of being worried about a mass walkout. Ruck depth and a key forward, plus a small or two, and pace are required.

2015 - If we can close the gap on the losses under 2-4 goals we had this year, 3rd-6th.

Glass half full kinda guy, I like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least twice as ****** as Carlton were after they breached the salary cap, will take at least 10 years for them to recover, and they may never fully recover in all honesty.
**** me, you are a really funny guy.
if it gives you something to be happy about at the end of the year :)

You'd have to think a generation of young supporters are going to be lost. Kids bullied at school for supporting "The cheats" either end up with an eating disorder or a mental illness from the bullying or end up choosing a different team to stop being picked on.

The ramifications of this extend for decades.

You'd have to think a generation of young supporters are going to be lost. Kids bullied at school for supporting "The cheats" either end up with an eating disorder or a mental illness from the bullying or end up choosing a different team to stop being picked on.

Yep

where do you come up with this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back