Where will we finish ?

Where will we finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's a genuine chance. We are starting to flick the switch and have that real threatening look about us. Good luck stopping a 4 quarter lions!
It has that feeling of our last 3 games of last season but we were crueled by injuries just before and during finals. If we had a few key players not go down with injuries in finals we would of at least made the grand final last year I believe. We would have gotten over the line against the Bulldogs in the semi final and likely would have beaten Port in Adelaide in the prelim final. So hopefully we continue to build and remain fit & healthy with a consistent list and who knows.

It has that feeling of our last 3 games of last season but we were crueled by injuries just before and during finals. If we had a few key players not go down with injuries in finals we would of at least made the grand final last year I believe. We would have gotten over the line against the Bulldogs in the semi final and likely would have beaten Port in Adelaide in the prelim final. So hopefully we continue to build and remain fit & healthy with a consistent list and who knows.
Agreed. I thought that purple patch last year before Hipwood went down with an ACL was premiership footy. Clearly in 2020 we just weren't quite good enough with how geelong beat us up in the prelim but i thought last year we genuinely were good enough when fit.

Fingers crossed for some finals luck, it's about time.

Ladder predictor time, I can see 2 scenarios playing out over round 23, in a nutshell winner of Lions v Demons finishes 2nd or 3rd, loser finishes 6th:eek: >

1- If we win next Friday night we will finish 3rd and play away against the winner of the Swans v Pies game tomorrow, only way we can get into 2nd is if the winner of that game loses their game in Round 23 ie. Pies play Blues and Swans play Saints.... hard to see that happening.

2- If we lose next Friday night we finish 6th and play a home Elimination Final against the Tigers.

I would actually fancy our chances in an away Qualifying Final against the Pies or Swans, the Tigers worry me even at home.

On a side note next Friday will be a huge game for the Demons as well, if they lose I have them dropping to 6th.

Ladder predictor time, I can see 2 scenarios playing out over round 23, in a nutshell winner of Lions v Demons finishes 2nd or 3rd, loser finishes 6th:eek: >

1- If we win next Friday night we will finish 3rd and play away against the winner of the Swans v Pies game tomorrow, only way we can get into 2nd is if the winner of that game loses their game in Round 23 ie. Pies play Blues and Swans play Saints.... hard to see that happening.

2- If we lose next Friday night we finish 6th and play a home Elimination Final against the Tigers.

I would actually fancy our chances in an away Qualifying Final against the Pies or Swans, the Tigers worry me even at home.

On a side note next Friday will be a huge game for the Demons as well, if they lose I have them dropping to 6th.
I think we are a good chance of finishing 2nd should we win on Friday. Both Blues & Saints are capable of wins should they bring their best game.

Weirdly or othewrise, but I think the most probably outcome is Collingwood beating Sydney - which they seem to play well against - and then Carlton beating Collingwood in rd 23. I don't see the Swans losing to the Saints so think out best best is that first scenario provided we of course beat Dees.

Weirdly or othewrise, but I think the most probably outcome is Collingwood beating Sydney - which they seem to play well against - and then Carlton beating Collingwood in rd 23. I don't see the Swans losing to the Saints so think out best best is that first scenario provided we of course beat Dees.

Couple of weird scenarios over the next 2 weeks, what we want will be very dependant on other results. But we definitely want carlton to beat the dees tonight regardless of any other outcome.

Doesn't change the top 4 equation for us (dees will finish above us if they beat us next week, unless they lose to carlton by a squillion points), but if we don't get top 4 we likely finish 6th so definitely would prefer to be playing the loser of Pies-Swans (if they are 2 v 3) in the second week if we win the elim final.

Big big match for us this week. Off a 7 day break at home against our nemesis with the promise of a double chance home final off a 2 week break.

We'll be throwing everything at it with a full list.

So we find out how good we are.

Collingwood a chance of losing both, hard to beat Sydney at the SCG, and Carlton will be desperate and front of a full house at the MCG the week after. I think we'll be third behind Sydney and Geelong.

so assuming sydney maintain the lead and win, next week :
we can finish 2nd if we win and sydney lose to st kilda (or we beat melbourne by a lot and sydney win by a little, both unlikely I know)
we can finish 6th if we lose and collingwood beats carlton and freo beat gws (both likely)

what a final round

First things first, we must win next Friday night, I would not be confident at all in beating the Tigers in an EF.

However I would fancy our chances against the Swans in Sydney.

The way I have the ladder working out if we lost to the Swans in the QF we would then play the winner of 6th v 7th in the SF at the Gabba.. likely Tigers or Demons IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so assuming sydney maintain the lead and win, next week :
we can finish 2nd if we win and sydney lose to st kilda (or we beat melbourne by a lot and sydney win by a little, both unlikely I know)
we can finish 6th if we lose and collingwood beats carlton and freo beat gws (both likely)

what a final round

Win and finish 3rd - away QF to Sydney.
Lose and finish 6th - home EF vs Tigers. (unless Carlton beat Pies, in which case we finish 5th and play them)

Doing ladder predictor now... there is a way of finishing top 4 even if we lose next Friday night, this needs to happen >

Dockers lose to Giants in Canberra.
Magpies lose to Blues at the MCG.

Both those results are unlikely but not out of the realms of possibility.

Which would mean we finish 4th and play the Cats at the MCG.

20220814_182439.jpg
Did the ladder predictor a few times, assuming if we get up over Melbourne on Friday this seems to be the most likely path to a grand final for us.

View attachment 1477185
Did the ladder predictor a few times, assuming if we get up over Melbourne on Friday this seems to be the most likely path to a grand final for us.

Yep, we must beat Melbourne at home next week.

That'll give us a whole another level of belief prior to finals.

Also if the Swans win by roughly a goal and we beat the Demons by roughly 10+ goals we would pass the Swans on percentage and host the QF against them.

There are so many permutations with the ladder predictor even with only a handful of matches next week affecting final ladder positions.

Melbourne next week is a bit of a tossup if both teams play to the level they're capable of . I'm hopeful without getting carried away. They've pantsed us every time we've played them recently so the hope is we're on the improve and they're teetering. I doubt the latter tbh. but their form is patchy ,a bit like us.

We should beat the Swans in Sydney if we can get over next week imo.

Not worried who we play if we finish 5th . At the Gabba we'll be too good. Barring any unforeseen injuries in the meantime.

Also if the Swans win by roughly a goal and we beat the Demons by roughly 10+ goals we would pass the Swans on percentage and host the QF against them.

There are so many permutations with the ladder predictor even with only a handful of matches next week affecting final ladder positions.
Still can't help think what might have been had we beaten Richmond and/or Essendon, which we still shouldve won even with 9 players missing. We were awful that day and should've played Matho.

Still can't help think what might have been had we beaten Richmond and/or Essendon, which we still shouldve won even with 9 players missing. We were awful that day and should've played Matho.
Although most clubs have those would've should've could've matches over the course of a season.

Back