Which is the better flake?

Which is the better flake from the fish n chip shop?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

While we are at it - what other stuff on the FNC menu do folks here go for?

I love a battered kabana. Pumpkin cakes (instead of potato) are surprisingly good. Used to love pineapple fritters but it has been a while.
I am a very boring potato cakes and steamed dim Sims. Rarely change my order.

Love the odd hamburger too. Idk why I don't get them more often from fish n chip shops they are legit fantastic

While we are at it - what other stuff on the FNC menu do folks here go for?

I love a battered kabana. Pumpkin cakes (instead of potato) are surprisingly good. Used to love pineapple fritters but it has been a while.
Flake, potato cake, minimum chips = happy Homer.

Never seen a pumpkin cake but it sounds ok. Sweet potato could go alright.
FNC burgers or steak sandwich usually good too.

Not a big seafood person but calamari is nice occasionally.

One fried snapper or barramundi, three potato cakes, one dim sim and a pickled onion.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Damn you people!

Anyone recommend a good fish and chippery in South Melbourne?

Getting hard to find

Fried tastes better but I usually have grilled being better for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn you people!

Anyone recommend a good fish and chippery in South Melbourne?

Getting hard to find

I live on the Capricorn Coast. They're a dime a dozen. We also have a lot of Indians here so whenever we get take away the question is "Indian or Seafood?"

If you're even in the area, the Adelaide River roadhouse used to do a ripping battered barra. Always worth a stop coming down from Darwin!
I was once in Tibooburra for work and my workmate asked the barmaid at the pub if the seafood basket was fresh

She gave him a withering look and said ‘yeah I went down to the beach and caught it this morning’

The best grilled flake I ever got would have been down Altona beach. Just melted in my mouth 🤤

Geelong goes alright too
You need to go to Queenscliff ... and sell your car for it.

Flake, potato cake, minimum chips = happy Homer.

Never seen a pumpkin cake but it sounds ok. Sweet potato could go alright.
FNC burgers or steak sandwich usually good too.

Not a big seafood person but calamari is nice occasionally.
Calamari is a gamble. The battered ones are usually great, but always a tense moment when you're at an unfamiliar f&c and you open the bag to find those cursed crumbed things.

Calamari is a gamble. The battered ones are usually great, but always a tense moment when you're at an unfamiliar f&c and you open the bag to find those cursed crumbed things.
I don't think I've ever gotten calamari. Once I got a prawn. And of course have gotten the old crab stick but not for years and years now.

/That sounds completely dirty but there's no other way to word that sentence

God we are the worst
I'm a vegetarian myself. But there are usually sustainable alternatives. Butterfish (mulloway) in SA. I would imagine Melbourne has a similar cheap-ish fish??

I'm a vegetarian myself. But there are usually sustainable alternatives. Butterfish (mulloway) in SA. I would imagine Melbourne has a similar cheap-ish fish??
I mean I don't get flake for home and I've never really looked at alternatives at the fish and chip shop.

Will have to look next time

Back