Which, out of the following clubs, will end their Premiership drought first?

Which, out of the following clubs, will end their Premiership drought first?

• Western Bulldogs (Last Premiership: 1954. Last Grand Final: 1961)

Votes: 106 44.7%
  • Melbourne (Last Premiership: 1964. Last Grand Final: 2000)

Votes: 28 11.8%
  • St Kilda (Last Premiership: 1966. Last Grand Final: 2010)

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • Richmond (Last Premiership: 1980. Last Grand Final: 1982)

Votes: 53 22.4%
  • Too hard to choose!

Votes: 31 13.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, such a tough question. I doubt any of them will make a Grand Final for at least a few years... and a lot can happen in three years. Plus, making it is only half the battle (as us Saints fans well know).

Richmond are no hope. Zero. None.

The other three look like they have the makings of decent sides.

I'll go Melbourne, even though the thought of them winning a flag is bloody odd.

I think Melbourne will win the next Premiership out of these guys. Next year could see a year where St Kilda, Bulldogs and Melbiurne jump into serious contention.

Richmond seems the furthest away from building a Premiership side at the moment, but things can change quickly.

I think Melbourne will win the next Premiership out of these guys. Next year could see a year where St Kilda, Bulldogs and Melbiurne jump into serious contention.

Richmond seems the furthest away from building a Premiership side at the moment, but things can change quickly.

A fact that over and over again seems to escape people....

Things can change very quickly.

Out of these four, right now, it's anyone's guess.

Four years ago, no doubt Richmond would've been fancied as the next to end it's drought but it just seems that they've gotten worse and worse as each year passes and won't be long and they'll be looking to do another "rebuild" of sorts.
You'd probably give it to Bulldogs because they have come leaps and bounds since Beveridge took over. Melbourne are slowly on the rise and Saint Kilda is also slowly making a comeback up the ladder. If any thing, it will be out of those three (Dogs, Saints, Demons) who will end there drought first.

Out of these four, right now, it's anyone's guess.

Four years ago, no doubt Richmond would've been fancied as the next to end it's drought but it just seems that they've gotten worse and worse as each year passes and won't be long and they'll be looking to do another "rebuild" of sorts.
You'd probably give it to Bulldogs because they have come leaps and bounds since Beveridge took over. Melbourne are slowly on the rise and Saint Kilda is also slowly making a comeback up the ladder. If any thing, it will be out of those three (Dogs, Saints, Demons) who will end there drought first.
I agree with this one. Even 2 years ago Tigers didn't look all that far away. Cotchin (26) and Martin (25) are the key. Richmond need a really fast rebuild that sees the window open before these guys are approaching 30. Perhaps trade a Deledio for a 1st Rounder, get a decent FA, hope Yarren comes good and grab a couple of guns through the draft and things can turn around pretty quickly.

Dees have some talent on the list, and Saints have been really bold but it's the Bullies for mine. Hard not to get excited by Stringer and Bonts.

I'm obviously biased, but the Dogs are currently as young and inexperienced as Melbourne and St Kilda but are performing far better. I think there are a lot of Dogs young players who already are guns, rather then might be.

I'm obviously biased, but the Dogs are currently as young and inexperienced as Melbourne and St Kilda but are performing far better. I think there are a lot of Dogs young players who already are guns, rather then might be.
Actually no, Melbourne have been the youngest team this season.
Having a look at our list we have 13 players who are 26+ years old and of them only 4 are regular senior players (Vince, Jones, Gartlett & Jetta0. The rest have been playing 2's all year and are really going to have to fight to stay on our list 2017+ (Pederson, Dunn, M Jones, Lumumba, garland, Dawes, Grimes, Spencer & Terlich)

But your right all three teams are very young and on current form you would have to say the Bulldogs are the front runners. They are probably 1-2 years ahead of Melbourne and St Kilda imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back